[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

I'm still getting an error for the Lootfilter as of 5:25 EST. Loving the guide, was smooth sailing for leveling
It's going really smooth (78 lvl now). Everything melts in white maps with 4L.
And Sirus dead, on pretty standard LL Gear

Spoiler

Now starting on the fun part of the progress, the minmaxing. Does anyone have experience with the Aura setup in LL? Specifically I am considering dropping the Extra curse setup (3/4 passive points) and run Flesh and Stone instead of Temp-Chains/Ele Weakness, any reason this doesn't work?

Also any practical exxperience with Hydrosphere?
Loving this build for league start, currently lvl 64 and just chewing through everything.

Just wanted to put a little tip for some people: When you get to the point where you can run full DoT with Vortex being your main damage. Put it on your LMB. It's instant cast, so you can just run through everything and it'll proc when it's off cooldown. Obviously not a super precise placement, but it makes running through the Acts pretty smooth and you kill things without having think, just a lazy way to get through the acts.
Last edited by Crazdd on Jan 16, 2021, 9:55:23 PM
"
Crazdd wrote:
Loving this build for league start, currently lvl 64 and just chewing through everything.

Just wanted to put a little tip for some people: When you get to the point where you can run full DoT with Vortex being your main damage. Put it on your LMB. It's instant cast, so you can just run through everything and it'll proc when it's off cooldown. Obviously not a super precise placement, but it makes running through the Acts pretty smooth and you kill things without having think, just a lazy way to get through the acts.

what should we have on rmb? cold snap? and for bosses what skills we use and which order? obviously vortex but that'll be on lmb. use cold snap then frost bomb? I never played this build btw.

Edit: I forgot about the elemental equilibrium. I'm guessing vortex is the skill to trigger the skills in the wand? The skills gems in the wand need to be in a specific order in the sockets? I'm still kinda confused on how elemental equilibrium works though. Once a non cold skill hits monsters, there's a certain amount of time that we get to dmg them with cold skills and they won't be resistant to cold attacks? The skills in the wand that will hit monsters will always be lightning first?
Last edited by TheChosenOne_ on Jan 16, 2021, 10:16:23 PM
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
"
Crazdd wrote:

what should we have on rmb? cold snap? and for bosses what skills we use and which order? obviously vortex but that'll be on lmb. use cold snap then frost bomb? I never played this build btw.

Edit: I forgot about the elemental equilibrium. I'm guessing vortex is the skill to trigger the skills in the wand? The skills gems in the wand need to be in a specific order in the sockets? I'm still kinda confused on how elemental equilibrium works though. Once a non cold skill hits monsters, there's a certain amount of time that we get to dmg them with cold skills and they won't be resistant to cold attacks? The skills in the wand that will hit monsters will always be lightning first?

You press vortex and the mob gets hit and resistant to cold. This also triggers your wand craft placing a storm brand on the enemy which will immediately zap it and keep zapping it raising its lightning res and lowering cold. Your vortex will now deal 50% more damage for its entire duration. I think best skill order is Stormbrand or orb of storms first, frost bomb second and then the other skill 3rd.
IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger
"
demondied1 wrote:
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
"
Crazdd wrote:

You press vortex and the mob gets hit and resistant to cold. This also triggers your wand craft placing a storm brand on the enemy which will immediately zap it and keep zapping it raising its lightning res and lowering cold. Your vortex will now deal 50% more damage for its entire duration. I think best skill order is Stormbrand or orb of storms first, frost bomb second and then the other skill 3rd.

How about the skill on the rmb? use cold snap?
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:

How about the skill on the rmb? use cold snap?

Yeah if that's comfortable for you.
IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger
Just whatever is comfortable for you, I actually don't use the RMB that much as of now. It'll probably change when I get the build a bit more fleshed out. Just having Vortex on LMB early is a great way to lazily get through earlier content. Most likely end up moving it when I need to position it properly.
Sorry what I meant to ask is what is the next most used skill besides vortex and the skills in the wand? Whatever answer I'll get I'd probably put in rmb.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info