[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Can anyone explain me why in pob version of CI tree are four unattached pasives? Its' a bit too much for anointment.
"
slowik010 wrote:
Can anyone explain me why in pob version of CI tree are four unattached pasives? Its' a bit too much for anointment.

It is the Intuitive Leap Jewel, that allows you to allocation passives without begin connected.
"
DubyaC wrote:
Need some help!

I really like the playstyle of this build but am having a lot of trouble with survivability in t15/16 maps as the CI build.

With elusiveness/flasks/etc. I'm capped at attack block and around 51% spell damage block. Have ~6k ES running male/frostbite, but sometimes run disc/frostbite for survability at 7k ES, damage suffers, though.

I copied the CI guide pretty exact but thinking I need to take more defensive nodes? Not sure what, though.

Just a gear issue? Get around 8k+ and try to cap spell block and it'll be smoother? I hope so.

I know I need Cinderswallow and a "recover energy shield on block" yet ... maybe those two will help a lot.

Thanks...

I had a look at your character on your profile and there are a few mistakes that are limiting your build and honestly im surprised you can run T16s atm.

First of all your wand has cold damage to spells this screws you as you also have Elemental equilibrium so your storm brand does cold damage messing up EE.

second you have pain attunement for some reason, you are not low life dont take that.

third try to get an energy from within jewel and put it in the right side below pain attunement

Those are the most obvious things but stuff like getting better bases for your shield and chest would also help a ton for shields Titanium is the best and chest Vaal regalia is the best.

Edit: also please always use disc its a massive ES improvement. If you want frostbite you can get frostbite on hit rings with redeemer influence
Last edited by Phaseflow on Sep 21, 2020, 12:55:41 PM
"
DubyaC wrote:
Need some help!

I really like the playstyle of this build but am having a lot of trouble with survivability in t15/16 maps as the CI build.

With elusiveness/flasks/etc. I'm capped at attack block and around 51% spell damage block. Have ~6k ES running male/frostbite, but sometimes run disc/frostbite for survability at 7k ES, damage suffers, though.

I copied the CI guide pretty exact but thinking I need to take more defensive nodes? Not sure what, though.

Just a gear issue? Get around 8k+ and try to cap spell block and it'll be smoother? I hope so.

I know I need Cinderswallow and a "recover energy shield on block" yet ... maybe those two will help a lot.

Thanks...

In addition to what Phaseflow suggested, I would keep the CWDT setup with Immortal Call at low level like the guide shows. Right now your IC is triggering at almost 1/2 your total ES.
"
Phaseflow wrote:
"
DubyaC wrote:
Need some help!

Thanks...

I had a look at your character on your profile and there are a few mistakes that are limiting your build and honestly im surprised you can run T16s atm.

First of all your wand has cold damage to spells this screws you as you also have Elemental equilibrium so your storm brand does cold damage messing up EE.

second you have pain attunement for some reason, you are not low life dont take that.

third try to get an energy from within jewel and put it in the right side below pain attunement

Those are the most obvious things but stuff like getting better bases for your shield and chest would also help a ton for shields Titanium is the best and chest Vaal regalia is the best.

Edit: also please always use disc its a massive ES improvement. If you want frostbite you can get frostbite on hit rings with redeemer influence

I am an idiot. Thanks for the fixes.
I am checking my char on stnd ... what exactly was nerfed that my tooltip DoT dps went down 50K? Didn't see anything in patch notes bout vortex nerf?
I am really confused about you saying dont take GB anymore, even with your math, wouldnt i rather take 2800 of a 5000 hit versus taking a 5000 hit when i dont block? i dont see how we can get max attack block and a good amount of spell block without glancing blows, Are you sure we should just not take it at all? when i take off GB i go down to 38% attack block and 30% spell block and dying a lot, but when i put it on, im back up to 75/75 and i dont die, so i am just wondering your reasoning against GB?

I really really dont want to go evade/dodge becasue i personally think it is one of the worst defense mechanics in the game, i mean, its nice, when you dont get hit, but when you do, oof

nothing against players that like the evasion playstyle, but it just isnt for me
"
Armisal wrote:

If that's the case then the CI version is total rubbish as from the comparison below, the CI build only has 900ES over the one other but less than half the damage. 900ES is barely that much more tanky for that big of a dps difference.

WITHOUT discipline on a CI build, the POB lands on:
8992 ES
1.3M dot DPS

the LL build, which can fit in discipline with prism guardian:
8049 ES
2.7M dot DPS

I think if you're going to go CI
then put in discipline, skitterbot and frostbite:
10072 ES
1.24 dot DPS

Case can be made for putting aspect of the spider instead of skitterbot or frostbite too.

Discipline, Skitterbots and Frostbite (through Blasphemy) still exceeds mana pool even with Enlighten 4.

You cannot put everything together with Enlighten, because that's 5 gems total.

It looks like Discipline is really not welcome here.
i cant find ci build pastebin can someone link please?
"
luciferus wrote:
i cant find ci build pastebin can someone link please?
It's in the same PoB as the other build versions. Go to the bottom of the Tree page and click the dropdown box and select CI. You can do the same with the Items page, the dropdown box is on the top.. (This one https://pastebin.com/Xi7Q8zqF)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info