[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Are you using Cinderswallow Urn for the Onslaught, or for the 3% es on kill? Because i am not sure on both as Onslaught is only movespeed. Movespeed is cool but is it? Is there something i am missing?
"
Genji084 wrote:
"
TouboJian wrote:
"
Armisal wrote:
I'm running the CI version and the PoB and guide is wrong.

You cannot run all 3 - frostbite, malevolence and discipline even with enlighten 3.

35% + 50% + 35% is too much, even enlighten 4 can't do this. You have to run skitterbot instead of malevolence.

I dont see any mana reserve nodes in the pob taken.

I have exactly the same problem... help please...

Well, you guys need to read the PoB better.
He has range of situations stated in it. If you're using CI, then he uses Malevolence & the Blasphemy curse. When going LL go to either the: Shield links for Prism Guardian OR the Shield links for non Prism Guardian.

The Vaal Discipline is a emergency button for when your ES is low and doesn't recharge quickly.

If that's the case then the CI version is total rubbish as from the comparison below, the CI build only has 900ES over the one other but less than half the damage. 900ES is barely that much more tanky for that big of a dps difference.

WITHOUT discipline on a CI build, the POB lands on:
8992 ES
1.3M dot DPS

the LL build, which can fit in discipline with prism guardian:
8049 ES
2.7M dot DPS

I think if you're going to go CI
then put in discipline, skitterbot and frostbite:
10072 ES
1.24 dot DPS

Case can be made for putting aspect of the spider instead of skitterbot or frostbite too.
Last edited by Armisal on Sep 20, 2020, 9:49:57 PM
"
Armisal wrote:
"
Genji084 wrote:
"
TouboJian wrote:

I have exactly the same problem... help please...

Well, you guys need to read the PoB better.
He has range of situations stated in it. If you're using CI, then he uses Malevolence & the Blasphemy curse. When going LL go to either the: Shield links for Prism Guardian OR the Shield links for non Prism Guardian.

The Vaal Discipline is a emergency button for when your ES is low and doesn't recharge quickly.

If that's the case then the CI version is total rubbish as from the comparison below, the CI build only has 900ES over the one other but less than half the damage. 900ES is barely that much more tanky for that big of a dps difference.

WITHOUT discipline on a CI build, the POB lands on:
8992 ES
1.3M dot DPS

the LL build, which can fit in discipline with prism guardian:
8049 ES
2.7M dot DPS

I think if you're going to go CI
then put in discipline, skitterbot and frostbite:
10072 ES
1.24 dot DPS

Case can be made for putting aspect of the spider instead of skitterbot or frostbite too.

Adding Aul's neck into the last setup puts malevolence back in and ends up with slightly more ES and 1.29M dot DPS too.
Thanks for the guide, currently enjoying this as my league starter and recently swapped to CI at level 79. Still ironing out some kinks in my gear and flasks etc. but the build feels pretty good so far.

One quick question: how are we meant to be critting to proc Elemental Overload? In the levelling guide it mentions you can use Orb of Storms + Increased Crit support to proc EO on bosses, but those links are no longer included in the endgame CI build. Are the crits coming from the Trigger wand and the 3 spells socketed in it? Even when using Cold Snap as often as possible I can't seem to keep EO up all the time, especially not on bosses.

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere or is included in the guide. Thanks for the help.
"
MCRide wrote:
Thanks for the guide, currently enjoying this as my league starter and recently swapped to CI at level 79. Still ironing out some kinks in my gear and flasks etc. but the build feels pretty good so far.

One quick question: how are we meant to be critting to proc Elemental Overload? In the levelling guide it mentions you can use Orb of Storms + Increased Crit support to proc EO on bosses, but those links are no longer included in the endgame CI build. Are the crits coming from the Trigger wand and the 3 spells socketed in it? Even when using Cold Snap as often as possible I can't seem to keep EO up all the time, especially not on bosses.

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere or is included in the guide. Thanks for the help.

EO from OOS on Trigger wand (also EE from OOS)

Low-life is superior to CI overall but requires more investment and is "squishier". Some keep it CI, others convert to LL.

Edit: typo
Last edited by jigglylizard on Sep 21, 2020, 7:02:15 AM
"
Armisal wrote:

You cannot run all 3 - frostbite, malevolence and discipline even with enlighten 3.

35% + 50% + 35% is too much, even enlighten 4 can't do this. You have to run skitterbot instead of malevolence.

I branch off north by elemental overload, hook left and then down to grab Sovereignty and that lets me use Discipline, Zealotry AND Hatred all at the same time.
"
RowdyDavee wrote:
"
Armisal wrote:

I branch off north by elemental overload, hook left and then down to grab Sovereignty and that lets me use Discipline, Zealotry AND Hatred all at the same time.

You're running LL, LL fits it all fine. We're talking about the CI build.
Need some help!

I really like the playstyle of this build but am having a lot of trouble with survivability in t15/16 maps as the CI build.

With elusiveness/flasks/etc. I'm capped at attack block and around 51% spell damage block. Have ~6k ES running male/frostbite, but sometimes run disc/frostbite for survability at 7k ES, damage suffers, though.

I copied the CI guide pretty exact but thinking I need to take more defensive nodes? Not sure what, though.

Just a gear issue? Get around 8k+ and try to cap spell block and it'll be smoother? I hope so.

I know I need Cinderswallow and a "recover energy shield on block" yet ... maybe those two will help a lot.

Thanks...
Last edited by DubyaC on Sep 21, 2020, 10:04:47 AM
Just post your PoB and we can see :-)
Here's my POB ...

Let me know what I can do better... I badly need more survivability!

https://pastebin.com/x21qF5wx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info