[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Thank you.

I did see that part, but couldn't quite understand it. I also didn't even think of making sure I didn't have any cold damage at all on other pieces of gear besides the wand.

"
SuizideFF wrote:
"
Windfuriouss wrote:
My wand has lightning damage to spells on it with Orb of Storms, Storm Brand and Frost Bomb on it.

With EE, won't it mess up the -cold resist debuff since I'm triggering the spell with Vortex or Cold Snap, etc?

Or does the triggered spells actually count as the first hit?

You're Question is answerd in Section 3.1:

"
This is by far my most asked about build piece. Elemental Equilibrium says "Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements". They key word is "hit". Here's how this works for Vortex:

Step 1: Get a weapon with the mod "Trigger a socketed spell whenever you use a skill" (The process is described below). Once you have this mod on your weapon, take EE on the tree.

Step 2: Roll 3 blue sockets on your weapon (don't have to be linked), and place Storm Brand, Frost Bomb, and Orb of Storms into these sockets.

Step 3: Kill everything.

Once you have EE and this mod, every time you do anything, either Storm Brand, Orb of Storms, or Frost Bomb will be cast automatically. If Storm Brand or Orb of Storms is cast, they will hit enemies repeatedly with lightning damage, constantly ensuring that enemies have -50% to their Cold Resistance. If Frost Bomb is cast, there is a delay before it detonates. During this time, Frost Bomb reduces enemy Cold Resistance even further. Once Frost Bomb hits, Storm Brand or Orb of Storms will still be going off, meaning that the cold hit of Frost Bomb is almost immediately overridden with a fresh -50 cold res.

So the overall progression is as follows:

-Cast Vortex/Cold Snap. Enemies have +25% Cold Res from the hit. Not good.

-Storm Brand casts and begins hitting. Enemies in the Vortex/CS DoT effect now have -50 Cold Res. Very good.

-Cast Vortex/Cold Snap. Enemies have +25% Cold Res for a fraction of a second, but Storm Brand resets this to -50. Very good.

-OoS casts and begins hitting. Enemies in the Vortex/CS DoT effect continue to have -50 Cold Res. Very good.

-Cast Vortex/Cold Snap. Enemies have +25% Cold Res for a fraction of a second, but Storm Brand/OoS resets this to -50. Very good.

-Frost Bomb casts. Enemies in its area have a total of -75% Cold Res. Frost Bomb explodes, and enemies have +25% Cold Res for a fraction of a second, but Storm Brand/OoS resets this to -50. Very good.

Repeat.

As long as you have no Added Cold Damage to Spells on Gear. You will Profit from EE.

@ShakCentral well written Guide. In youre explanation for EE you didn't mention, that if you have Flat Cold Damage to Spells on Gear EE wont be beneficial. Could you add that?
Rings and Boots enchant are classic culprits for cold damage. More than once i had to run lab again because my boots got cold damage.
Why do you use Presence of Chayula as low life? Don't you have Vile Bastion for the stun immunity or am I misunderstanding how Vile Bastion works? is it just for the Max Life to ES? it seems that Vile Bastion is still chosen in your Final LL Tree, so maybe that's just the oversight!

Thanks!
"
Gardosuro wrote:
Why do you use Presence of Chayula as low life? Don't you have Vile Bastion for the stun immunity or am I misunderstanding how Vile Bastion works? is it just for the Max Life to ES? it seems that Vile Bastion is still chosen in your Final LL Tree, so maybe that's just the oversight!

Thanks!

I believe we drop Vile Bastion when you go LL with the PoC neck. I think we respec and grab malediction... pretty sure I read this in the guide, can't recall exactly.

So going LL is the end goal right? Looking to buy my shavs and PoC before I re-spec to the LL tree and fix up my other gear slots after too.
Thanks for the updated guide.

Have played it a few times previously and started vortex again this league.

I went strait from the leveling build to low life (accumulated the gear for LL and skipped CI) and its buttery smooth now.

I made a change in that i removed whispering doom and went malediction instead of vile bastion ascendancy as already had cannot be stunned mod with chayula.
The reason you take Vile Bastion even on low life isn't the stun immunity, its the sustain and tankiness it provides. The base regen plus the amount on kill is what keeps you topped off, without it you have no way to quickly regen back up if you miss a block on a big hit.

PoC is a good neck just for the extra base ES which we don't really have a lot of. It's also relatively cheap and readily available even 2 days into league. You could also go with a solid rare with even more + gem levels, or something like The Halcyon to get the 60% damage buff or the upgraded version of the cold pen and blind.
IGN
Domination: CockBlockingAxes zomgwtfbbqlegs, GotYourselfAGun
Standard: LookAtMyHorseMyHorse, ComeOnNSlamEveryBodyJam, AdmiralTrapar
"
goatcheese61 wrote:
The reason you take Vile Bastion even on low life isn't the stun immunity, its the sustain and tankiness it provides. The base regen plus the amount on kill is what keeps you topped off, without it you have no way to quickly regen back up if you miss a block on a big hit.

For sustain I'm using a small cluster which gives ES on kill + Cinderswallow flask.

Due to this I found that I was doing fine without Vile Bastion.
Last edited by pyrexia on Sep 22, 2020, 8:54:36 PM
Last edited by pyrexia on Sep 22, 2020, 8:53:12 PM
Last edited by pyrexia on Sep 22, 2020, 8:53:28 PM
"
goatcheese61 wrote:

I haven't played Occultist (or an ES caster) since 3.4m when it still gave +150ES (that got multiplied by all +ES on tree) and reg was capped at 25%/second back then afair, so bear with my question:

Is 40 flat regen that great? Should be 20 with Wicked Ward, so like 0,25%/sec ? Sounds underwhelming for an Ascendency or do I miss some (up?-)scaling ?

(The stun immunity is the selling point ofc, but I was wondering if the buff from last patch was really making a dent, esp if you got stun immunity from Chayula)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info