3.8.1d Patch Notes

I still see no mention of the memory leak fix I wonder if they actually fixed it or not.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Fixed a bug where monsters that were Fleeing would do so for a much shorter distance than intended.

Does that mean that "chance to flee" is actually viable now?

"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Can we get an explanation from GGG as to what's up with the shatter sound? Why can't we have the old sound? Did you lose the sound file? What is going on?

They've already given you an explanation. It was causing performance issues

I actually don't understand this. Isn't the old sound file just a sound file, and the new one is a sound file as well? Surely a new sound would impact the performance just as much as the old one. Did the old shatter have multiple sounds bundled together? Was the sound file too large? Or did it peak in volume and caused an issue that way? Couldn't they just export the old sound into a new file?
You should have given them the redmane treatment.. Make a statement!
Last edited by Y1kes on Oct 2, 2019, 12:43:19 PM
"
Y1kes wrote:
"
Fixed a bug where monsters that were Fleeing would do so for a much shorter distance than intended.

Does that mean that "chance to flee" is actually viable now?

"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Can we get an explanation from GGG as to what's up with the shatter sound? Why can't we have the old sound? Did you lose the sound file? What is going on?

They've already given you an explanation. It was causing performance issues

I actually don't understand this. Isn't the old sound file just a sound file, and the new one is a sound file as well? Surely a new sound would impact the performance just as much as the old one. Did the old shatter have multiple sounds bundled together? Was the sound file too large? Or did it peak in volume and caused an issue that way? Couldn't they just export the old sound into a new file?

Maybe the old had some different compression that required more CPU work to decode or it had more sound channels in use.

You can compare this to AVI and MK5 video codecs. Ofc I am just guessing, since I don´t work for GGG.
"
Y1kes wrote:

Sounds can have runtime filters on them. Some filters are very expensive on the CPU (Reverb for example). Chain a bunch of sounds together with reverb and you can cause hitches pretty easily, even on beefy machines. They obviously saw a performance problem with something on that sound and are currently iterating to find a more performant version.
nice patch. game is unplayable now.

before this patch, 25-30 fps (semi-potato mode, adaptive resolution off)
after this patch, 2-5 fps (full potato mode, adaptive set either way)
nicely done GGG.
it's exactly situations like these that made me stop giving you money.
be back in a month when you've finally fixed the fix for your fix.

yes my pc is not a $4000 newest cutting edge machine, but when nothing has changed but the patch and the frame rate drop is this big it's probably not on my end.
Last edited by Kalus_Konkwest on Oct 2, 2019, 7:37:34 PM
WTF is wrong with this patch. Can't effing download it. Only one I've ever had a problem with.
The biggest issue seems to come from huge memory leaks.
I don’t play on pc...but I’m fairly sure sony is getting sick and tired of the massive floods of clips showing summoners and aura users experiencing crash after crash after crash after crash when using certain skills in atlas and delves.

Any word on when you guys are going to fix these issues? I can’t use my raging spirits on maps because of the constant crashing, and they make the huge difference when i have to recall my golems and spectres...not like i wanna spend hours hunting down those “rares” with unique traits repeatedly...

Not had any crashing issues until blight was launched, and legion was pretty balanced given i started right at the end of it...regardless, the crashes on ps4 are starting to take its toll on my drive and fans 😂😂😂

Soooooo?....
Well I just crashed about 1 minute into my 1st map after patch, ominous. I was doing temple excursion btw. (edit) Crashed on my 2nd map too, looks like they f@#ked the game up completely.
Last edited by b-a-x-t-a on Oct 3, 2019, 1:57:12 AM
Massive thanks for
- Blight boss red icon on minimap
- Deforestation of Lava Lake
- Delve stash tab upgrade

I still feel that one thing is really out of place:
I have been playing T16 maps since week 1 (occasional white/yellow map maintaining elder influence) and yes Blighted maps are rare (I don't mind that).
But I really cannot understand why in T16 there is a possibility to get a white/yellow blighted map.
I have not counted but by memory I feel like there is the same probability to get a white/yellow/red map in a T16.
That is such a joke.
I think they should only drop as red in T16 maps.
My mirror thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2756556
This sucks big time. I've crashed 5 times! Five freaking times! I can't even make it to a map. First time I got map then crashed. Second time I almost made it to the map machine before I crashed. Third time I didn't even make it to my hideout. Forth time I was in town heading to hideout and crashed. Fifth time I crashed while waiting for town to open.

Screw this. Each time you crash me it takes a hard reboot since my screen in frozen. I really don't think I should reboot my machine 20 times a day.

THIS GAME IS UNPLAYABLE. WILL YOU AT LEAST FIX IT?????

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info