[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

Spoiler
"
ongur wrote:
Could anyone give me some pointers on how to play this build better or how to improve my gear? I felt like my gear was okay, but I still find myself dying to juiced t14 map bosses and metamorphs. Dunno what I'm doing wrong. Awakener 6 Drox dies in like 2 seconds, but a t14 boss/metamorph kills me?
I realize I'm still missing 4 damage nodes due to only being lvl 86 atm.

Other than that I'm enjoying this build a lot. Had an ice shot Deadeye before this, but sold everything and rolled this assassin. It's faster clear and better single target. Leveling this was a blast as well, haven't had that much fun leveling in a long time.

This is my gear as of right now:

I'm at 100% hit chance and 5.4k hp atm. I do have an immune to freeze flask as well, which I couldn't link atm.

I'm also aware that some of my gems are still lvl 19, but that shouldn't change much about my survivability, right?

I'm honestly not sure why you would have trouble with metamorphs when you're melting conquerors, except that conquerors aren't affected by map mods. But your gear is great and well put together. Are the metamorphs going down fast when they're not killing you first? I need to see your PoB. You're missing some life nodes yet, and you took Weapon Artistry and Aspect of the Panther instead, which is not recommended. I want to see your PoB dps and life to really dig deep.

Also, just noticed, why the hell is Flicker in your helm and not in your Fortify boots?? That's the whole point of the Fortify boots, to give you a 5 link Flicker Strike.

Edit: also just noticed, you don't have Tribal Fury on your neck or strikes hit an additional enemy on your gloves. That will also make a tremendous difference for Flicker clear speed and make Double Strike feel better as well. I suggest just getting Tribal Fury on your amulet asap.
Last edited by roguemjb on Jan 30, 2020, 7:46:50 PM
"
GhostbladeOCE wrote:
What enchants would you recommend on the gloves and boots?

Anything that grants better single target damage. But I don't like to run Uber Lab more than I have to, so I can't recommend anything specific, but running it a couple times til you get a good enchant for bosses is a good plan. Last league I had 10% ele pen if you haven't killed recently, which was perfect for bosses.
I've been running this in blight and enjoyed a lot.
I will be respecing my Assassin into this build with little changes (Saviour+Paradoxica with cast on skill/crit change). Once i test it, i will post my POB and inform how does it perform ;)
"
roguemjb wrote:

I'm honestly not sure why you would have trouble with metamorphs when you're melting conquerors, except that conquerors aren't affected by map mods. But your gear is great and well put together. Are the metamorphs going down fast when they're not killing you first? I need to see your PoB. You're missing some life nodes yet, and you took Weapon Artistry and Aspect of the Panther instead, which is not recommended. I want to see your PoB dps and life to really dig deep.

Also, just noticed, why the hell is Flicker in your helm and not in your Fortify boots?? That's the whole point of the Fortify boots, to give you a 5 link Flicker Strike.

Edit: also just noticed, you don't have Tribal Fury on your neck or strikes hit an additional enemy on your gloves. That will also make a tremendous difference for Flicker clear speed and make Double Strike feel better as well. I suggest just getting Tribal Fury on your amulet asap.

Thank you for your answer, I really appreciate that. I honestly can not believe I put Flicker Strike on my helm and Ancestral Warchief on my boots. I'm guessing I never noticed because they are both 3 red and 1 green socket. I feel so stupid lmao. I'm so glad that you noticed and pointed it out.

As for the Tribal Fury enchant, I went Ambidexterity because I thought it would give me more single target damage and Flicker Strike was already strong enough. But if you recommend changing it, then I will.

And about the Weapon Artistry and Aspect of the Panther, I just followed your passive tree tbh. And since I ran into those two nodes at an earlier level I already took them.

As for the metamorphs, I think it was me needing to get more comfortable with the build. Never played a melee character before on higher content. But it's the most fun I've ever had. Since my last post I leveled up to 91, killed Sirus Awakener 6 (something I failed to do with my lvl 92 Ice Shot Deadeye), and haven't died to a metamorph since.

So thank you very much for this guide. It's the first time ever that I actually feel like I can clear all endgame content and again, it's the most fun build I've played on PoE so far.
Rarity: Rare
Spirit Impaler
Jewelled Foil
--------
One Handed Sword
Quality: +45% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 144-269 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.50%
Attacks per Second: 1.81 (augmented)
Weapon Range: 14
--------
Requirements:
Level: 68
Dex: 212
--------
Sockets: R-W-W
--------
Item Level: 86
--------
+25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier (implicit)
--------
168% increased Physical Damage
+37% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers (crafted)
Adds 14 to 26 Physical Damage (crafted)
13% increased Attack Speed (crafted)
+17% to Quality (crafted)
--------
Note: ~price 3 exa

is this worth to buy?
Hi! Just have three questions.

Only lvl 72 atm I was wondering if I should get all the life nod before blade of cunning etc, i'm only doing T11 for the moment and life is the biggest issue (i know i have to do my last ascendancy^^)

Are Aspect of the panther and Weapon artistry the 2 last nod to take after every life nod ?

Last question is about the golem, he just keep dying a lot and taking so many damage from everything, is that just normal and i just keep summoning him ?

thanks and good luck with your maps
Spoiler
"
ongur wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:

Thank you for your answer, I really appreciate that. I honestly can not believe I put Flicker Strike on my helm and Ancestral Warchief on my boots. I'm guessing I never noticed because they are both 3 red and 1 green socket. I feel so stupid lmao. I'm so glad that you noticed and pointed it out.

As for the Tribal Fury enchant, I went Ambidexterity because I thought it would give me more single target damage and Flicker Strike was already strong enough. But if you recommend changing it, then I will.

And about the Weapon Artistry and Aspect of the Panther, I just followed your passive tree tbh. And since I ran into those two nodes at an earlier level I already took them.

As for the metamorphs, I think it was me needing to get more comfortable with the build. Never played a melee character before on higher content. But it's the most fun I've ever had. Since my last post I leveled up to 91, killed Sirus Awakener 6 (something I failed to do with my lvl 92 Ice Shot Deadeye), and haven't died to a metamorph since.

So thank you very much for this guide. It's the first time ever that I actually feel like I can clear all endgame content and again, it's the most fun build I've played on PoE so far.

Great to hear! I'm glad to hear it's performing better. Metamorphs are super scary at first. I was avoiding life regen, life leech, chaos damage, etc and really just playing it safe, just trying to fill the bar at minimum. Once I got some solid gear, I was only reading the rewards and still smoking juiced t16 metas in 5 seconds. It comes together nicely at a certain point and is super satisfying.
Spoiler
"
rezzet wrote:
Rarity: Rare
Spirit Impaler
Jewelled Foil
--------
One Handed Sword
Quality: +45% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 144-269 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.50%
Attacks per Second: 1.81 (augmented)
Weapon Range: 14
--------
Requirements:
Level: 68
Dex: 212
--------
Sockets: R-W-W
--------
Item Level: 86
--------
+25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier (implicit)
--------
168% increased Physical Damage
+37% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers (crafted)
Adds 14 to 26 Physical Damage (crafted)
13% increased Attack Speed (crafted)
+17% to Quality (crafted)
--------
Note: ~price 3 exa

is this worth to buy?

Seems like a decent price, it's a bit slow, but usable. Worth it if there's nothing else better and you have the exalts.
Last edited by roguemjb on Jan 31, 2020, 7:19:59 PM
"
FezuPapa wrote:
Hi! Just have three questions.

Only lvl 72 atm I was wondering if I should get all the life nod before blade of cunning etc, i'm only doing T11 for the moment and life is the biggest issue (i know i have to do my last ascendancy^^)

Are Aspect of the panther and Weapon artistry the 2 last nod to take after every life nod ?

Last question is about the golem, he just keep dying a lot and taking so many damage from everything, is that just normal and i just keep summoning him ?

thanks and good luck with your maps

You want the major sword wheel at bottom right first thing. Crit nodes are all important, but take them incrementally with life nodes. Aspect of the panther and Weapon artistry should be just about last, like after lvl 90. Life nodes are definitely essential for high maps.

Yes, that is normal, just get used to checking on your golem and picking him back up between packs. Same with turning blood rage on, make sure you have both ready before the next fight.
Hey dude, I'm loving this build having a lot of fun with it. This is my second char ever so gearing up budget isn't very high, the high damage swords you mention would 350-400 dps swords be enough?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info