So who would be willing to pay 5$ (USD) for just the beta key?

"
"
meggiroth wrote:
So what? I am not allowed to talk about it ? Don't you have anything better to do than police the forums for ppl who have other opinions than your own? Or maybe you feel the need to flash your shiny diamond status and try to be a forum super hero or something.

Read my signature. I was here before I made that choice and I plan to be here well after. This is typically a VERY good community, full of both Path of Exile supporters and fans of other games. Most of us can have disagreements without causing trouble, without being too incendiary and certainly without seeming as utterly *indignant* as you.

So sure, of course you can post whatever you want -- but if you do something stupid, as I believe you have, expect to be called on it.

Also, I'd never want the privilege or duty to 'police' this place. It would remove my ability to tell you to piss off.

A very good community? So far all I see just people like you who can't handle a different opinion and feel the need to intervene with very stupid comments when they think that the glorious perfection of their little game is questioned in any way. Its funny you showed how low you really are with such petty insults.

P.S. You got bored of D3 bashing and started trolling the rest of the threads now? :)

"
meggiroth wrote:

A very good community? So far all I see just people like you who can't handle a different opinion and feel the need to intervene with very stupid comments when they think that the glorious perfection of their little game is questioned in any way. Its funny you showed how low you really are with such petty insults.

P.S. You got bored of D3 bashing and started trolling the rest of the threads now? :)

You just can't keep that foot out of your very eager mouth, eh? Let me be thorough with your response, sentence by sentence.

Yes.

Well, if that's all you see, why are you still here? Clearly such a sycophantic community holds nothing for you. Actually, that's a ridiculously long sentence. Hm. 'Intervene'? It's called 'responding'. Public forum. Learn how they work. The thread I started has more than a few responses with which I do not agree, but provided they are not merely an attempt to antagonise, I am more than happy to respond (see: Tagek's many posts, kodr's as well) as intelligently as possible. You, however, display neither their capacity for open-mindedness nor the ability to see anyone's perspective but your own. This is why you have earned little more than a 'piss off' from me.

You get what you give.

This is something most of us learned as kids. I am earnestly sorry that you apparently didn't.

And anyone who thinks what I am doing is 'trolling' really, *really* isn't reading a thing of what I'm saying.

In which case, their responses are to be summarily dismissed as misinformed and spurious.

Bye now.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 9, 2012, 4:23:29 PM
Keep telling yourself that.
For what its worth, I played in the open beta the other weekend and loved it.
I waited for a few days to see if I could get a closed beta invite.
Then found out the optional buy into CB availability and I did that straight away.

Very happy to pay my 12NZD to get to play this awesome lil game again.
Would loved to have been able to get a bigger pack but unfortunately my income bracket doesn't allow me that luxury.

Keep up the good work PoE devs...
Also, I'm glad we don't have to use Paypal for this, because I really, really hate Paypal (Wikileaks, Grim Dawn...).
Mate what are you gonna buy for $10 these days that will give you half the enjoyment and zombie mashing satisfaction as the bottom tier beta access to a kick arse game like this?
The fact that you are moaning about paying 10 bucks to support an indie dev team who is doing a great job on a free to play game is pretty fuckin miserible...
Bring me my bow of burning gold
Bring me my arrows of desire.....

If i am a troll who is no troll who then is the troll? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53626 }:)

'I rise from the ashes of my own defeat, only to be smitten down again...'
- Some poor soul.
Last edited by Nemesis5858 on Apr 10, 2012, 9:20:46 AM
People are never happy with anything... wtf.
"
darkjoy wrote:
People are never happy with anything... wtf.

It's frustrating, isn't it?

I signed up last year to try and get in the beta. I tried the open beta and waited for the timer to count down so I could donate money to get the beta. I ended up sending $25 as it's all I can afford as a student.

I could have donated $10, but I felt GGG deserves more. Am I happy? Yes. I also have a kiwi to keep me company while I vanquish my enemies :D

A lot of people are missing the point of the cash shop. It's not for the beta, that's just a bonus. Like many have said, GGG actually listens to the community and this is what they wanted and now people are throwing it back in their face saying "that's not good enough".

If you can't afford $10, then wait for the open beta. Or, perhaps don't spend the $10 on that next movie you go to or whatever else you spend money on that you enjoy. For example, I buy coffee. If I wanted to buy into this beta bad enough, I would give up coffee for a week and save the $10. It's called problem solving.
Last edited by Iluvatar on Apr 10, 2012, 10:08:07 AM
Played the open beta weekend, loved it and was happy to donate, more for the kiwi (because im a kiwi) than the beta key since i probably wont play the game until the proper launch, other than tinkering with any new UI updates they do.

If people were "only buying it for the beta access" nobody would be buying the 25+ packages. Just take a look around the forums and see that people want to donate for what is going to be an aweome game. A lot of the people donating *already* had beta access.

For the people that $10 is legitimately difficult to raise i'd suggest either wait for open beta in June+ or re-evaluate your priorites. If $10 is worth that much to you, just wait a couple months.
Last edited by Asmosis on Apr 10, 2012, 10:09:40 AM
By paying that extra 5 dollars you're supporting GGG and you are helping them develop more material for YOU, the customer and the gamer. So if you want a beta key that bad then you should pay the extra 5 dollars. Or if you don't want to pay it, wait for your name to be randomly selected or wait until around June for open beta. It's only 2 months away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info