Cyclone CWC Blade Vortex ((About 20mill+ Shaper dps with everything up)

Did my first ever Hydra kill. Have been playing since 2013 but these endgame boss fights never really interested me. So never did them at all in the past. Map mods were a bit crazy so I died once.

Also cleared the blight in the map very easily. Just 1x Temporal Tower next to an Imbuing Tower makes everything slow down to a crawl. So can just wipe up everything without risk of the pump being rushed.

Don't know why images don't work...:

https://imgur.com/a/3XZgQhn
Last edited by SaiyanZ on Sep 22, 2019, 10:02:48 AM
Got the belt I wanted so final gear setup done. Going for a high life chest with +1 curse would be a more defensive upgrade but is fairly costly.

Also rare boots with life and movement speed would be more defensive but you lose the notable (which can also be defensive like 14% incr life, 20 flat life node) as well as lose a flask slot because have to use a Quicksilver then and then manage flasks properly otherwise Cyclone movement will be too slow. So I still think the boots are really good quality of life.

The belt 120ES regen mod will help sustain ES when lots of stuff is going on and I'm taking hits as well as help sustain ES during boss fights. Goes well with Eldritch Battery and MoM.
I'm trying to craft an armor for massive HP, Energy and some spell crit currently. You can actually opt out of the Extra Curse mod craft and just anoint the amulet with Whispers of Doom. It's about as costly as getting the curse mod on the armor but you also gain an extra craft for armor. A shaped Vaal Regalia can even have +1 sockets. Also found that adding the two chance to poison skills at the Fatal Toxin mod renders the chance to poison cursed enemies pretty obsolete as well since your chance to poison would be at 100% or close. The only thing that Cospri as adding is the hexproof mod which just isn't worth not having a bunch of extra survivability.

The build does an absurd amount of damage. I am struggling a bit with some Blight encounters. The pump does get destroyed every know and then since my damage spread isn't that wide. And I find that I have no time to manage towers either because stop spinning usually means death.
Pob is empty ? :(
wanna check out the skilltree, ty (y)
"
RimuZ wrote:
I'm trying to craft an armor for massive HP, Energy and some spell crit currently. You can actually opt out of the Extra Curse mod craft and just anoint the amulet with Whispers of Doom. It's about as costly as getting the curse mod on the armor but you also gain an extra craft for armor. A shaped Vaal Regalia can even have +1 sockets. Also found that adding the two chance to poison skills at the Fatal Toxin mod renders the chance to poison cursed enemies pretty obsolete as well since your chance to poison would be at 100% or close. The only thing that Cospri as adding is the hexproof mod which just isn't worth not having a bunch of extra survivability.

The build does an absurd amount of damage. I am struggling a bit with some Blight encounters. The pump does get destroyed every know and then since my damage spread isn't that wide. And I find that I have no time to manage towers either because stop spinning usually means death.

Use the Temporal or Stone Towers to slow things down. I just need one Temporal tower next two the pump with my two rings as it covers a massive area then. The Temporal tower slow is 70%. Can boost the tower with an Imbuing tower which adds another 10% slow for each level.

Can also drop totems at the pump to keep it safe whilst you go clear up one side. I've found that I don't even need the totems now with the massive slow from the Temporal tower.

Also one notable that is a must have for this build is Dirty Techniques. It adds a massive amount of damage to the build and oil cost is fairly cheap. Think it is the best damage notable on the entire tree for the build.
Last edited by SaiyanZ on Sep 22, 2019, 4:07:32 PM
"
facepalmhi5 wrote:
Pob is empty ? :(
wanna check out the skilltree, ty (y)

Here's my skill tree and setup at lvl91:

https://pastebin.com/CsgS2mJd

29mill dps Blade Vortex and 6mill dps on each totem. Things to note:

- I think the shock is overstated at 50% on PoB though it doesn't take into account Withering Step debuff and Wither so the two cancel out and damage might be more.

- Plaguebearer damage is ignored though it should also be a lot with all the debuffs.

- PoB also doesn't pick up that I have two anointed nodes. Dirty Techniques and Toxic Strikes adds another 4mill dps to Blade Vortex. So that makes it around 33mill dps.

- I left number of poisons inflicted recently at 20. This is fairly easy to hit even against a single target and will be way more (constantly at 100+) when mapping.

Last edited by SaiyanZ on Sep 22, 2019, 4:04:46 PM
Why use Coralito's if the Perfect Agony already in the tree? I don't really know about poison specifics but wouldn't having no additional crit damage be bad as it reduces initial hit and thus the poison damage?
"
Overbrain wrote:
Why use Coralito's if the Perfect Agony already in the tree? I don't really know about poison specifics but wouldn't having no additional crit damage be bad as it reduces initial hit and thus the poison damage?

It's mainly for the poison duration and the crit chance boost since it's a diamond flask. Net effect is a lot more dps for things that don't die instantly. Unticking it on PoB reduces dps by about 20%.

Though from what I've seen the build doesn't really need it as T16 Hydra died in less than 2 seconds. So the duration boost is not really doing anything and I could kill the boss faster without it. Have to play around with it and test more.
Last edited by SaiyanZ on Sep 22, 2019, 4:47:25 PM
How are you running without a bleedflask btw?
"
RimuZ wrote:
How are you running without a bleedflask btw?

The only dangerous bleed is Corrupted Blood and a jewel takes care of that. Haven't had any issues from regular bleeds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info