[3.11] Flameblast/Vaal Flameblast Ignite Trickster (EB+MOM)

"
sotir1232 wrote:
Do you think a change to CI with a 1h+shield would gimp down the damage too much?

With 1H and shield you can still get +2 fire gems and a little bit less burning damage.

Going 1h+shield and CI certainly might increase your defences . But it will have a large impact on damage, and it will create other problems, which are manageable but you would need to take care of them. First of all, aura reservation. Without EB+MOM you will actually need to manage mana usage, so probably give up on some auras, and maybe get some -mana cost/mana regen. Also, you might need to choose either ghost reaver or zealoth's oath and invest into this forms of sustain.
Speaking of mods, yes, you can get a 1h with +1all/+1 fire, but it's not easy (those 2 mods alone 5ex), but good luck on getting those two and fire damage over time multiplier combined. You can still get a good 1h but without a doubt it's a damage decrease. In the same way, you can imagine getting rare staff with +2/+3 would be great damage upgrade even over searing touch, but there are literally none on trade atm. You can look up my character or first page of the thread to see what rare staff I managed to craft, and it wasn't easy at all.
Anyways, you can make this option happen, CI would help against all chaos dmg, grant some extra defences at the expense of dmg, auras and mana management.
Last edited by Grozaa on Dec 23, 2019, 5:16:08 AM
double post
Last edited by Grozaa on Dec 23, 2019, 5:15:29 AM
Thanks a lot. I might actually try to convert and post the results here (I always liked playing CI). Will require a lot more tinkering than I thought.
PS: You can also get +1 to fire gems in shield, so that would require just one gem mod on the wand.
Hi,

Few notes for anyone playing this, mostly relevant to Metamorph SC (My char is Vaalhallelujah for checking these out):
- If you manage your resists well on other items you can buy rings dirt cheap with a lot of life and damage, mine were around 10c each and I didn't search for long.
- Awakened Burning Damage support is sub 1 ex and is a huge damage boost if you 20% quality it due to the fire damage over time multiplier.
- Awakened Deadly Ailments is around 3-4 ex so it's a bit more painful but it makes inflicted ailments deal damage 10-12% faster so it's the same boost as the Watcher's Eye in the guide

One question: Do you think the fire damage multi gloves could be economically crafted with fossils or otherwise? I haven't found one that's reasonably priced for what it does but I'd really like to upgrade further.
"
Burnost wrote:
Hi,

Few notes for anyone playing this, mostly relevant to Metamorph SC (My char is Vaalhallelujah for checking these out):
- If you manage your resists well on other items you can buy rings dirt cheap with a lot of life and damage, mine were around 10c each and I didn't search for long.
- Awakened Burning Damage support is sub 1 ex and is a huge damage boost if you 20% quality it due to the fire damage over time multiplier.
- Awakened Deadly Ailments is around 3-4 ex so it's a bit more painful but it makes inflicted ailments deal damage 10-12% faster so it's the same boost as the Watcher's Eye in the guide

One question: Do you think the fire damage multi gloves could be economically crafted with fossils or otherwise? I haven't found one that's reasonably priced for what it does but I'd really like to upgrade further.

Good info about those awakened gems if someone was into minmaxing.
Speaking of gloves as far as I can see t1 fire multi with 60+life cost about 40-50c, or above 100c if they were to have some decent resists too. Alternatively you can buy ilvl80+ shaped base and try some scorched fossils on it. It's hard to tell what would be better economically since crafting might not always give you exactly what you want but if you are aiming for some actually good gloves why not try your luck with some crafting session. Otherwise you may settle with buying some decent ones in 40-100c range as I mentioned.
Speaking of minmaxing. How would a timeless jewel fit in to the equation?
Like which one would you pick, where would you put it, and how beneficial do you think it could be?
"
Slly wrote:
Speaking of minmaxing. How would a timeless jewel fit in to the equation?
Like which one would you pick, where would you put it, and how beneficial do you think it could be?

There is no clear fit into this build specifically. One thing which might always be beneficial is a proper lethal pride jewel, as it already adds extra mods on top of the existing ones. So you can potentially imagine it as an addition. When thinking of keystones, there are 3 that make some sense : corrupted soul, power of purpose or supreme decadence. None of them would be gamechanging, but might still be worthwhile after some tweaks. For the corrupted soul, you would probably need to balance life/ES a bit differently so that you would have more life compared to ES than it would normally be with EB+MOM. On the other hand, power of purpose makes sense since we are only using mana for reservation anyways, so that would be some extra armour "for free", the question is how worthwhile that would be. And supreme decadence just as a minor QOL so that the life flasks works both for life and ES. And which slots are potentially good for keystones? It would make most sense to slot it either below pain attunement or below minion instability. As for just extra mods lethal pride, plenty of options, basically anywhere close to where there are many allocated nodes.
Last edited by Grozaa on Dec 25, 2019, 4:12:10 PM
Currently working on your build. Not very far as of yet but getting there. I do wonder why you take minion nodes (minion node and Lord of the dead) instead of either AoE dmg or crit damage?
"
Jialen wrote:
Currently working on your build. Not very far as of yet but getting there. I do wonder why you take minion nodes (minion node and Lord of the dead) instead of either AoE dmg or crit damage?

I will give two answers because I do not know the state of your knowledge.

1. Because spiritual aid notable makes it so that increases to minion damage apply to us, making a generic form of damage (it counts as all types of damage - spell, burning etc.)

2. Because generic increases to dmg are better for this build than area modifiers (area of effect is kinda useful but not super important for flameblast because we proliferate ignites anyways, and area dmg does not affect burning damage over time), and MUCH better than crit (because this is a non-crit build which utilises elemental overload - meaning we only need just enough to crit once in a while to get 40%more elemental damage, and this is done via storm brand+increased critical strikes+cast when damage taken, and there is literally zero benefit to our damage from crits themselves).
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
Jialen wrote:

I will give two answers because I do not know the state of your knowledge.

1. Because spiritual aid notable makes it so that increases to minion damage apply to us, making a generic form of damage (it counts as all types of damage - spell, burning etc.)

2. Because generic increases to dmg are better for this build than area modifiers (area of effect is kinda useful but not super important for flameblast because we proliferate ignites anyways, and area dmg does not affect burning damage over time), and MUCH better than crit (because this is a non-crit build which utilises elemental overload - meaning we only need just enough to crit once in a while to get 40%more elemental damage, and this is done via storm brand+increased critical strikes+cast when damage taken, and there is literally zero benefit to our damage from crits themselves).

oooh. forgot about the spiritual aid. Yeah the 2 others makes sense, didn't really think about the crit dmg before after I asked the question:). But thanks for the quick answer :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info