To the developpers: a way not to waste beta keys

Hello devs (if you ever come to this part of the forum)

I believe that some keys are wasted on people who made an account some time ago but don't really intend to play the game. I don't know how the beta keys are given but I guess they're given out by email.

If it's not already done, I think it would be nice to add a little message in the mail saying something like: "If you don't want to use your key, you can give it to one of the people waiting eagerly for one in the forums, thanks"

I hope this works and allows more people to get to test the game :)
Last edited by Matrim on Apr 7, 2012, 6:51:39 AM
I don't understand the point of your post.

I know the issue have been raised before, you have someone complaining in almost every topic! The difference is, instead of just insulting the devs, I'm offering a solution that wouldn't hurt anyone and might help people who actually use these keys get them!
Won't work. People just sell keys. But it's a good thing you're trying to offer a solution.
It obviously wont work for everybody but if a simple sentence added in an automated email can allow 2 people a day to play. Why not do it?
Up?
or people who dont got logged in for a month
get kicked out of the key generator list
"
Bosovski wrote:

^ good idea
"
noyz1996 wrote:
"
Bosovski wrote:

^ good idea

Bad idea.

Don't you people know what a forum lurker is? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
lols...

"
Matrim wrote:

I believe that some keys are wasted on people who made an account some time ago but don't really intend to play the game. I don't know how the beta keys are given but I guess they're given out by email.

I hope this works and allows more people to get to test the game :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1302

Also, people on the timer do not get beta keys, their account becomes automatically activated.
If an account does receive a key, they will already be a beta member, and the email says:

Spoiler

We hope you've been enjoying your time in the Path of Exile Closed Beta. We've received some great feedback from testers and have a lot of exciting changes planned for upcoming patches.

We believe that online games are most fun when played with friends, so we've granted you a key that can be used to invite a friend to the Closed Beta!

To get the key, just visit your profile page on the www.pathofexile.com website.

If you don't have any use for the key, please feel free to give it to another community member - perhaps one who has been helpful on the official forums.

See you in Wraeclast!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info