To the developpers: a way not to waste beta keys

It's always nice to get an answer to trolling on the topic but not on the topic's question in itself. Well I got my answer actually thanks to Metronomy but I still don't know why people who get a key via timer don't get mails...
Its not that interesting an answer, so I didnt really want to explain it. Basically they prefer it the way they set it up. There are more benefits than this but:

They dont need to give you a key using the automatic timer, since they can just auto activate, to avoid people selling them as well as automatically taking you off of the timer list.

Why dont you use the search function on the forum if you want to know more. search: activate beta, or something
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
noyz1996 wrote:
"
Bosovski wrote:
or people who dont got logged in for a month
get kicked out of the key generator list

^ good idea

Bad idea.

Don't you people know what a forum lurker is? =0[.]o=

But if they don't log in for a MONTH, they won't even know they have a key!

I don;t think the idea is that they have to POST (although that's not a bad idea, honestly, as lurking doesn't really show that one is serious about being active with suggestions or bug reports), but that they simply have to log in.

I think it's a good idea, though by now, the number of people who really need keys donated is declining.

EDIT: to say that Metronomy had made a really good point about what would happen if GGG changed the rules on everyone. It might just not make the best business sense to disqualify people who thought they still qualified.

I do wonder how they're going to know they got activated, though, hehe.
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Apr 17, 2012, 4:47:59 PM
"
Matrim wrote:
It's always nice to get an answer to trolling on the topic but not on the topic's question in itself. Well I got my answer actually thanks to Metronomy but I still don't know why people who get a key via timer don't get mails...

I'm not sure that they should. Sending it through the PoE messages requires the person log in to play the game. If they can't be bothered, then maybe the key *should* be sent to someone else (like you!).
"
Metronomy wrote:

Also, people on the timer do not get beta keys, their account becomes automatically activated.
If an account does receive a key, they will already be a beta member, and the email says:

Spoiler

We hope you've been enjoying your time in the Path of Exile Closed Beta. We've received some great feedback from testers and have a lot of exciting changes planned for upcoming patches.

We believe that online games are most fun when played with friends, so we've granted you a key that can be used to invite a friend to the Closed Beta!

To get the key, just visit your profile page on the www.pathofexile.com website.

If you don't have any use for the key, please feel free to give it to another community member - perhaps one who has been helpful on the official forums.

See you in Wraeclast!

True about not actually getting keys. But one would still have to log in to know they were in the beta.

My message actually said something a little different, and said nothing about donating a key (since it wasn't a key, just an automatic activation).

Maybe this is the message received if your account gets a key sent to it after it was *already* a beta account? I haven't had that happen, so I'm not sure.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
noyz1996 wrote:
"
Bosovski wrote:
or people who dont got logged in for a month
get kicked out of the key generator list

^ good idea

Bad idea.

Don't you people know what a forum lurker is? =0[.]o=

And this makes them have to at least login. Logging in isn't hard, I have Chrome log me in automatically.

If they want to lurk, they can, but it won't, and shouldn't, help their chances in getting a key.
If you read what I said, then thank you, I say very important things, things that need to be said! Here's a chocolate chip cookie, enriched with vitamins.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info