[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
aGnosticc wrote:
How good is the poisons deal dmg faster mod ? I think its pretty strong, since i play viper strike. Cuz every other skill doesnt do nearly as much single target or aoe.

Btw, VS without melee splash sucks major balls. U better get rid of ancestral call.

I had no problem ever playing with just Ancestral Call or even single target setup + Tribal Fury. It's not on the level of others in clearspeed but still good. Damage is very high and poison prolifs take care of the rest.

Faster mod is pretty good, it scales the poison dps. It's best with VS.

Pestilent strike is not much behind on dps where you have 5-6s continuous hitting.
Main advantage of Viper Strike comes from around double poison duration compared to the rest of skills.
Duration of VS of around 10+s gives you possibility to stack insane amount of poisons and when you disengage your poisons will deal damage the longest.
I just really feel the lack of aoe withouth splash. It basically oneshots entire packs, while with ancestral call you sometimes hit 2-3 mobs till something dies, which can be pretty dangerous. Talking about t16s with like 70% less chance to poison or something similar here, where not every trash grp just explodes anywas.

Splash also heals you for insane amounts with your LgoH from claws cuz you basically hit like 20 targets at the same time.

"
Duration of VS of around 10+s gives you possibility to stack insane amount of poisons and when you disengage your poisons will deal damage the longest.

Yeah thats what i enjoy the most, especially vs metamorph. Hit them for a few secs with MS up, then you can start cleaning the adds and the poison will take care of the rest for you.
"
aGnosticc wrote:
I just really feel the lack of aoe withouth splash. It basically oneshots entire packs, while with ancestral call you sometimes hit 2-3 mobs till something dies, which can be pretty dangerous. Talking about t16s with like 70% less chance to poison or something similar here, where not every trash grp just explodes anywas.

Splash also heals you for insane amounts with your LgoH from claws cuz you basically hit like 20 targets at the same time.

You are prob right. I haven't played it yet in 3.9 so I have no real feel now. Less chance to poison in t16 can be a pain though, but should still be able to plow it thru because of MS.
Splash is prob better choice in that case.
"
"
crushda wrote:
I crafted 2 Hunter claws and run with both of them atm - sitting at 3.5mil dps says pob(it Just melts stuff)

Not to be a bummer but when you change added Chaos for 90% increased Chaos damage in my PoB you get less dps. They are still very good end game claws!

I looked at Hunter mods. Quite OP stuff can be made but it will be very expensive i think.

Perfect Hunter claw would look like this, and would be a mirror tier.

prefixes:
-Adds (47–72) to (98–123) Chaos Damage
-(90–94)% increased Damage with Poison
-60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage

Suffixes:
-(26–27)% increased Attack Speed
- +(16–18)% to Damage over Time Multiplier
-Poisons you inflict deal Damage (13–15)% faster

I'm very excited for this build, and last night Hunter dropped the 83 claw! This will be my first attempt at crafting before I start leveling. Love the guide, thanks for the work.
Last edited by T_V_C on Dec 23, 2019, 12:21:22 PM
"

Not to be a bummer but when you change added Chaos for 90% increased Chaos damage in my PoB you get less dps. They are still very good end game claws!

I looked at Hunter mods. Quite OP stuff can be made but it will be very expensive i think.

Perfect Hunter claw would look like this, and would be a mirror tier.

prefixes:
-Adds (47–72) to (98–123) Chaos Damage
-(90–94)% increased Damage with Poison
-60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage

Suffixes:
-(26–27)% increased Attack Speed
- +(16–18)% to Damage over Time Multiplier
-Poisons you inflict deal Damage (13–15)% faster

That new Perfect Hunter claw would be totally sick! It will not be just 1ex worth anymore like before, lol!

Personally I would stick with just 3-4 of those, well, getting any two would be great at this point!

An update of sort. Out of curiosity I bought lvl 20 8% CL to try since it uses the same tree as my VG. I dunno, but to me it feels that even VG has better clear speed despite being only lvl 19. Anybody here use CL that could share experience?

*Edit: I actually just realized that, after the projectile from VG bounced back to you and if you have piercing skill, the small blade also goes through you and hit mobs behind you!
Last edited by HeliumHe on Dec 23, 2019, 2:20:03 PM
Just for your information:

Pestilent Strike Lvl21 23q goes for 30c or less atm. Bought mine for 25 and the +1 range is absoulutely worth it. 21/23 VS is slightly more expensive but CL is 200+c.
I'm going to fossil craft imperial claws.
So, have questions about it.
Why don't we use powerfull resonators instead?
It's cheaper and we can add more attack modifiers, quality or abyssal socket.
How many times should I reroll modifiers with "medium" luck before I get good ones?
Does anyone else have an issue with pestilent strike sometimes causing mini freezes when it prolifs into other mobs? It's really frustrating since I don't have any performance issues with VS but at least in my opinion PS is way cleaner to clear maps with than with VS.
"
exzo777 wrote:
I'm going to fossil craft imperial claws.
So, have questions about it.
Why don't we use powerfull resonators instead?

For the best outcome you should. See again item section, weapon.

"
exzo777 wrote:

How many times should I reroll modifiers with "medium" luck before I get good ones?

Rng, could be 2 could be 20 attempts. Lets say 10. xD

"
Zutox wrote:
Does anyone else have an issue with pestilent strike sometimes causing mini freezes when it prolifs into other mobs? It's really frustrating since I don't have any performance issues with VS but at least in my opinion PS is way cleaner to clear maps with than with VS.

I have, but I also have with anything else cause my pc is 9y old...
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Dec 24, 2019, 12:58:13 AM
"
HeliumHe wrote:

That new Perfect Hunter claw would be totally sick! It will not be just 1ex worth anymore like before, lol!

Personally I would stick with just 3-4 of those, well, getting any two would be great at this point!

An update of sort. Out of curiosity I bought lvl 20 8% CL to try since it uses the same tree as my VG. I dunno, but to me it feels that even VG has better clear speed despite being only lvl 19. Anybody here use CL that could share experience?

*Edit: I actually just realized that, after the projectile from VG bounced back to you and if you have piercing skill, the small blade also goes through you and hit mobs behind you!

Try Cobra Lash without Pierce ability. Pierce makes it work rly bad because it messes up chaining.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Dec 24, 2019, 1:26:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info