[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
blastinMot wrote:
"
Yalpe wrote:
My PoB is over 15m IIRC with 15 wither stacks. 34m with VS. I have no idea if its configured prooerly however. You can load up my character if you want and call me out ;) I feel like anything over 10M is gravy.
People usually set the enemy is "shaper/guardian", because DPS vs. trash is high enough anyway. That halves the DPS.

"
Yalpe wrote:
Oh, I don't have a Watcher's Eye either.
Well, why not? Depending on the mods it's a pretty significant DPS boost.

Mines on Sirus. Its almost the same. No Watcher's Eye because I did not have enough currency and when I did, I decided to try 4-5 other builds. One was Thornstein's Death Angel.
Last edited by Yalpe on May 19, 2020, 5:49:30 AM
Playing this build from the start of the league. I agree the build is fun and can do every content but it's very hard to play and not to die... ATM can't solve problems with bosses like sirus or elder guardians(they are one shoting me every time). May be something with my gear or P.tree... or it's just my hands and no experience in game(second league)
But yeah build is fun and looks strong)
"
Migipadl wrote:
Playing this build from the start of the league. I agree the build is fun and can do every content but it's very hard to play and not to die... ATM can't solve problems with bosses like sirus or elder guardians(they are one shoting me every time). May be something with my gear or P.tree... or it's just my hands and no experience in game(second league)
Your gear isn't bad, but it isn't spectacular either. No Chaos DoT Multi on weapons, no Accuracy on Ring, Helm is super basic, no chaos resistance exept for the Circle of Nostalgia, no good corruptions, Gems not max level etc.
You can't expect a melee build to destroy the entire endgame with that low investment. Well exept maybe a Cycloner...

The build isn't super easy to play, but it isn't exactly hard either. Get some better gear and more levels, you will start to die less.

One thing you can change immediately is the boot enchant. Pathfinder is immune to chill anyway, no need for that mod, so replace it with Movespeed/Chance to get onslaught on kill. Should be a decent DPS increase while mapping at least.

Edit: Also look for a new abyss jewel. This thing really has to have some life on it.
Last edited by Corioliss on May 19, 2020, 12:47:02 PM
"
Yalpe wrote:
Mines on Sirus. Its almost the same. No Watcher's Eye because I did not have enough currency and when I did, I decided to try 4-5 other builds. One was Thornstein's Death Angel.

Checked out your PoB again.
Your DPS does seem good.
Maybe I didn't have flasks active or forget to skill the damn cluster jewels by hand.

What I would change or what is different to my build:
- the implicits on your Circle of Nostalgia suck in my opinion
- you can get really interesting strong implicits on there, for exmaple onslaught on hit (not on kill!) or "poisons deal damage faster"

- I would probably swap Wicked Pall for Wasting Affliction
- slightly lower overall dps (110k or something), but faster dmg ramp up will make up for it for sure

- a little on the lower side of life (under 5k)

- you do have more physical mitigation, but big elemental hits will still be a problem
- 1% all max. res is pretty neat though

- your are missing 1% lightning res to cap at 76%

It is definitely up there, nice work! :)
"
Corioliss wrote:
"
Migipadl wrote:
Your gear isn't bad, but it isn't spectacular either. No Chaos DoT Multi on weapons, no Accuracy on Ring, Helm is super basic, no chaos resistance exept for the Circle of Nostalgia, no good corruptions, Gems not max level etc.
You can't expect a melee build to destroy the entire endgame with that low investment. Well exept maybe a Cycloner...

The build isn't super easy to play, but it isn't exactly hard either. Get some better gear and more levels, you will start to die less.

One thing you can change immediately is the boot enchant. Pathfinder is immune to chill anyway, no need for that mod, so replace it with Movespeed/Chance to get onslaught on kill. Should be a decent DPS increase while mapping at least.

Edit: Also look for a new abyss jewel. This thing really has to have some life on it.

Adding to that:
- get an amulet with INT/STR implicit, to try and save the +30 STR passive point
- your rare ring is missing a suffix, for example int/2x resist/life shouldn't be too expensive
- shoot for around 5k life, you need to gain 2-3 character levels for that (so you can fit another small cluster jewel with fettle)
- that abyssal jewel is seriously bad

Against bosses guardians:
Most "small life pool" builds can't facetank them. You have to dodge the big attacks (minotaur ground shoot up, chicken nugget guy explosion etc.).
You need some more dps so the fights don't seem too dragged out for this. Because evading 1-2 off the big hits is pretty is and dps is good with all the flasks up. But after that the sustained dps drops off a bit and suddenly the fights get more difficult.

Edit: Chicken nugget guy = Phoenix Guardian
Last edited by blastinMot on May 19, 2020, 1:20:31 PM
"
blastinMot wrote:

Adding to that:
- get an amulet with INT/STR implicit, to try and save the +30 STR passive point
- your rare ring is missing a suffix, for example int/2x resist/life shouldn't be too expensive
- shoot for around 5k life, you need to gain 2-3 character levels for that (so you can fit another small cluster jewel with fettle)
- that abyssal jewel is seriously bad

Against bosses guardians:
Most "small life pool" builds can't facetank them. You have to dodge the big attacks (minotaur ground shoot up, chicken nugget guy explosion etc.).
You need some more dps so the fights don't seem too dragged out for this. Because evading 1-2 off the big hits is pretty is and dps is good with all the flasks up. But after that the sustained dps drops off a bit and suddenly the fights get more difficult.

Edit: Chicken nugget guy = Phoenix Guardian

I rly have no idea how people get one-shots vs guardians of any kind.

And on the contrary, this is one of few builds that can tank Phoenix blasts and is immune to very heavy ignite that would finish off almost any char that would survive the blast hit.

Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on May 19, 2020, 1:48:18 PM
"
Migipadl wrote:

Until you learn Sirius fight, you are just gonna die to him. It happens. Playing where's waldo to try and find him to kill him in phase 3 is a pain no matter how many times you kill him, and doubly so when you are just learning how to fight him. You should be able to tank everything but the triple beam in phase 3, though. As far as guardians go, the only one I ever died to was Pheonix. You should be able to just face tank the others, and even Pheonix in theory, but I died to him sometimes, lol.

On the case of tree/gear:

I dont think clusters are worth it for half measures. In my opinion, and I may be wrong, but if you go clusters you need to just go all in on those. Large, 2 mediums, 2 smalls. And, good ones. I love clusters, but it just seems like a waste to get mediocre clusters, or not fill it out. Like, wasting all those points for Unwaveringly Evil and 1 Low Tolerance is just not worth it. I think you want a full Large, 2 full mediums, and 2 smalls. You have to waste 3 points just to get there. I really like Unwaveringly Evil, but you are 100% stun immune mapping with Lab boot enchant and heart of oak; so if thats all you got on your large cluster, its not worth. Its good when its on there with 2 other skills, and with double mediums and double smalls. But by itself I wouldnt waste the points, and I cant see a decent large with 2 jewel slots being that expensive now.

Your also cheating yourself out of smalls, which are some of the most overlooked clusters for survivability and strength, IMO. 2 Fettles is 600 hp. 600 hp is hard to come by on a Ranger. Or, you can run a Fettle and Enduring Composure, and have a mini-jugg ascendancy giving you 3 charges, etc. If you already going into the clusters, you might as well go all the way down to smalls. There is a ton of defensive stats in those small clusters. And, if you are playing Viper Strike, I'd try to get 2 low tolerance mediums. They help Viper's clear speed drastically. And on that note, I've basically quit playing, but a 21/23 Viper strike has to be pennies at this point, so you need to get one.

Last edited by Destructodave on May 19, 2020, 4:32:57 PM
Seasonstart with VS/PS Pathfinder

Disclaimer

Spoiler
Why another leveling-guide?

For dedicated players the start of the season is a tremendously important time. The faster you can reach maps and the faster you can get your build rolling, the more profit you can make. At the beginning of a season every used unique item can be sold, while some are worthless 2 weeks in the league. There are plenty white influenced items that sell for multiple exalts, there are plenty options for boss carrys and it just feels great to be one of the top players in the new content. To do that, you need to have at least a somewhat decent start into the league. Since we are pretty flexible with this build in the mid game when the poison-scaling kicks in we lack power in the very early stages. For this reason this part will give you a well-tested season start that gets you going without having to swap multiple gems or rely on mines to get through crucial parts of the game.

What this league-start build does:
- It Shows you a way to progress through the annoying parts of A1, A2 and the early stages of A3 without too much frustration.
- It gives you a follow-along plan that you can copy and check up once the season starts.
- It gives you more freedom of choice while gearing without the need for specific leveling items.

What this league-start build does not do:
- This specific build was planned out to maximize the leveling process while working with the core gems of of the build. It is therefore not the fastest league-start, as there are possibly other ways to level that involve bows and a full reroll of the passive skill tree.
- It also does not rely on broken leveling mechanics like One with nothing Keystones, as it is unsure when or if we will be able to get our Hands on those in the new league.

08.00pm GMT, League start
Spoiler
Your first step will be to make a mule character to get a lot of important gems we otherwise couldn´t get that fast. Create a shadow, take your glass shank, run the twilight strand and use Viper strike + lesser Poison support to kill hillok. As a Trophy we then take cobra lash (most outer right gem) as a reward and rush the medicin chest. As a reward we get onslaught and a movement-speed flask. By that time you have in 90% of the cases a second dagger (glass shank) that we will be using as well. Throw everything you have into your stache, check the vendor for Triple linked Green items and movement speed boots, log out to character selection (dont log out completely or you will be at the end of the qeue again!), delete the mule and start your Main-Pathfinder.

You will be starting with a bow. Take Burning arrow + pierce, rush the Twilight strand, kill hillock and equip the following gear u found on your Mule:
1) The pots
2) the movement Speed flask
3) if found, movement Speed boots
4) if found, Triple Linked Green Sockets
5) the glass shanks with at least double green + the second one for dual wield
6) the Viper Strike + Poison + Onslaught + Cobra Lash Gems.

Check the Vendors again. From now on I won´t be repeating "check Vendors". The vendor resets every time you level up, check it whenever you enter the City for the important links and movement boots, it is crucial in the early stages.

Your first ideal setup after brutus (that you have to kill with Viper Strike + lesser poison support) should look like this:

G-G-G = Cobra Lash + Onslaught + LMP Support
G-G-G = Viper Strike + Lesser Poison support + added Cold Damage
G/G = Smoke Mine + Whirling Blades
R = War Banner

Honorable mentions:

- It is very recommended to grab 2 iron rings as soon as possible. The flat phys helps our dps.
- Apart from the aforementioned vendor recipe, look out for "Essence of Contempt" as they give flat phys dmg to weapons.
- If you reach Level 12 before merveil look out for awl. huge dps-increase
- Hold on to rare rustic sashes and wetstones for a vendor-recipe
- Buy Melee Splash at some Point and level it in the second weapon-slot, we will need it at the end of act 2

This will be your final setup to complete Act 1. Viper Strike performs at this stage okayish vs. single-targets, the cobra lash is more than enough to clear white packs and the onslaught-proc lets you get fast through the act while being able to use 2 movement-flasks. Act Time after Training: 38 Min (incl. Mule)

08:39 GMT, 39 Min into the league

Spoiler
We use our given setup to find the den, open a portal, go to the next waypoint, go back to town, enter portal, clear den, log out, enter waypoint and clear chamber of sins. This will be our first big powerspike, because coming back to town we can add:

G = Herald of Agony
R = Herald of Ashe
B = Herald of Thunder
G = Blood Rage

At this Point, drop War Banner

This spike alone will bring so much dps to the build that you start being quite fast. The next one is only a few levels away and will be reached at level 17:

Check Greust from 16 onwards and Keep your eyes open for the cat´s paw. Ideally you want two of those and use the following Vendor recipe:

1 rare Rustic Sash (If you do not have a rare one, buy a white one and use a random essence on it)
1 Cat´s paw
1 Blacksmith´s Wetstone

With this recipe the weaon will have around 56% increased physical Damage. Since Viper strike and Cobra lash both convert 50% of our physical Damage our physical Damage is one of the biggest factors of our early dps. After that recipe you will be speedleveling through act 2.

Our last A2-powerspike also comes a round in that time: After killing the weaver in the sharp and cruel questline you have the option to buy Melee Physical Damage. This Gem will put the Damage of Viper Strike through the top. The time has come to get rid of the cobra lash letup and make room for

RRG = Melee Splash + Melee Physical Damage + Viper Strike. If you are lucky and get your Hands early on a 4L (Will be Chest in most of the times) your ideal 4th link will be deadly ailments. A triple red could also be used with added fire Damage (Available in A1) or Ruthless support (not available, would need a Buddy to trade it).

Honorable mentions:

- If you find the links for it you can add "vicious projectiles" to herald of agony for more dps of the crawler.
- Herald of Purity is extremely strong. If you get your hands on it via drop or via a Guild-Member or a buddy, by all means: Take it and drop Herald of Fire.
- If you start to run into intelligence or Str-Problems: Get the fitting amulets from the vendors or use the recipe to produce an Agate amulet.

This setup will then get you through a2 in no time. If you want to maximize further you can gem-swap melee Splash for added fire Damage or ruthless support for bosses.

09:10 GMT, 1 Hour and 10 Minutes into the league, A3

Spoiler
Honestly, from A3 onwards there are only a few things worth mentioning:

1) The Lost in Love Questline will provide you with despair curse. If you have the space to fit it in it is another good source of dps on bosses.
2) Same goes for Plague Bearer. It is another source of boss dps which will be our "biggest" problem while leveling and i strongly recommend to pick it up, once it is around level 4 it will prove to be very useful.
3) We cannot get Malevolance in solo Play until the end of a3, thats why we heavily invested into our first aura setup. As far as my testin goes we don´t need to swap to malevolance for a very Long time anyway, herald of thunder is superior until around level 48-54, depending on the gear.
4) The most useful weapons to do the recipe on after we used it on cats paws are clearly timeworn claws. They are slow but have a huge damage. our Attackspeed will come from 2 Sources: Blood Rage and an activation of Claws of the pride through a movement spell.

And this is the Link for the leveling tree: https://pastebin.com/SxJkiuti

In there you´ll find the tree until merveil and 3 more to go from there, after that I highly recommend following throsteins advice and respec the starting area later to get the Evasion and life nodes. After extensive testing it became clear though that the damage nodes are far superior in the early game.

Last edited by Vennto on May 20, 2020, 8:23:35 AM
Hey Guys, in the post above you will find my final results on the "best way to league-start early game" with this build. I hereby invite you to try it out and communicate how it felt for you. After 16 runs this is the ideal setup I came up with without any unforseen Drops like strong unique weapons or gems we can´t reach at that point.

This is for me the way I will start this character next season, since it is very convenient as we rely on all the spells that are used in the build except from the auras due to no way of getting malevolance early and the smoke-mine for movement.

Clearly, everyone has it's individual touch on the char, therefore I invite you to test this out and I would love to hear some Feedback. :)
"
Vennto wrote:
Seasonstart with VS/PS Pathfinder

Tyvm for your work and contribution! I will it incorporate it into the leveling guide tomorrow most likely (as soon as I get time).

Just to ask, have you tried Caustic Arrow? It felt easier to me in Act 1 than Viper Strike.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on May 19, 2020, 7:00:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info