[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
rehababa wrote:
do i have to uncap cold res for perfect form to work?

No no.
Perfect form gives increased evasion for the cold res that are above capped value of 75%. This is not important for the build. Base evasion rating for Perfect form is enough. Acrobatics and free Arctic Armour is why it's special about.
It comes at the cost of -30% cold res armour handicap. So you need to invest more into cold res than on other builds to cap it.
ADDED AWAKENED VERSIONS
"
"
rehababa wrote:
do i have to uncap cold res for perfect form to work?

No no.
Perfect form gives increased evasion for the cold res that are above capped value of 75%. This is not important for the build. Base evasion rating for Perfect form is enough. Acrobatics and free Arctic Armour is why it's special about.
It comes at the cost of -30% cold res armour handicap. So you need to invest more into cold res than on other builds to cap it.

gotcha. thanks for the info. really loving the build.
Hey Torstein - thanks for the guide/builds, they're all great and I appreciate the effort you've put into it.

Couple of questions:

1. What's the purpose of Phase Run in the build (running Pestilence/Viper), as it's set to level 20 but in a CWDT setup? Am I meant to delevel it so it can be triggered, or use it outside of the link.

2. Would you recommend using Awakened Ancestral Call, or forgoing it in favour for Tribal Fury / new Glove +1 Strike Targets? I can't decide which way to go with it tbh. Some of the new boss fights have additional mobs, and every Metamorph in redmaps onwards live long enough to spawn a ton of dangerous additional mobs too.

3. Do you think it's worth it to keep a lvl 20 Viper Strike for pure bossing when primarily building around Pestilent Strike? The DPS difference is almost +80% at end-game, but then again so many bosses these days are getting additional mobs added to the point where Pestilent Strike starts to really shine.

4. Oh also, is there any of the new influence item mods that you can see being added to the build? The "Hunter" influence mods has a ton of Chaos/Poison mods on it.

Hoping the crash bug has been truly fixed when I jump on later today - been a pain having to remember to switch to Viper Strike every time I want to do Metamorph content!
Last edited by Archernick on Dec 16, 2019, 6:18:23 AM
Hi dude. Thank you for sharing the build, I used it as a template for my pf CL build. Metamorphin_PwrRanger is the character. Still a long way to go, but I don't care as I'm really enjoying the experience.

For people that have not started the league yet, I leveled as toxic rain and it was really smooth, not sure how well the poison skills would have worked. Also, keep in mind that you need a couple of regrets to respec from toxic rain to poison.

Been asking around and couldn't really get an answer: do you guys have any idea how the 'change to deal double damage with poison' scales your damage when going over 100% chance? I'm not really sure why I should go for 2 of these mods on claws since you end up getting 160%.
Last edited by R1ccardo on Dec 16, 2019, 9:04:22 AM
I didnt get around to trying PS last league. does it have painfully small attack range like VS? Like, do you have to suck the enemies dick to do damage?

I league started EA deadeye but I'm looking to start over with some kind of DoT based class/skill so i can stack up damage on these metamorph bosses and dodge their bullshit and stil have damage ticking away
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Dec 16, 2019, 10:08:48 AM
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
I didnt get around to trying PS last league. does it have painfully small attack range like VS? Like, do you have to suck the enemies dick to do damage?

GGG gave it +2 melee range to the gem. Also if you use Ancestral call you can attack from a good distance away and clear pretty fast. I have zero issues.
"
Archernick wrote:
"
DotsandDashes wrote:

GGG gave it +2 melee range to the gem. Also if you use Ancestral call you can attack from a good distance away and clear pretty fast. I have zero issues.

Good to know. how well are you progressing with it? is it taking out metamorph bosses cleanly? I'm heavily considering making a new character this evening and giving it a shot.
Fun build man. Leveling is going nicely.

Running with VS until PS gets fixed. As a melee should I annoint Tribal Fury or Corruption?
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
"
Archernick wrote:
"
DotsandDashes wrote:

Good to know. how well are you progressing with it? is it taking out metamorph bosses cleanly? I'm heavily considering making a new character this evening and giving it a shot.

Progressing fine - Got 13 Watchstones and approaching red maps regularly. Biggest issue atm is still stuck with a Tabula, but trying to 6L a perfectly rolled Perfect Form.

Also it's a bit strange - mainly due to the bug that crashed you, I was using Viper Strike for bossing. But the deeper I go into maps, the more Pestilent Strike wins due to these new Metamorph bossees having an absurd amount of HP; they have multiple phases of summoning DEADLY mobs. Pestilent Strike helps not only in cleaning those up, but detonating onto the boss and pulling some serious deeps.

Saying that, there's 2 Conquror boss fights that don't have additional mobs that Viper Strike kinda wins out on, but we'll see.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info