[3.9] Trickster Flicker Strike (10 - 15 million Shaper DPS) Awakening Lvl 8 Sirus Down

lv 85 finished Lair of the Hydra Map

GG
How am i supposed to cap my resistances?
Only rares is see are amulet + belt if i use these rings:

Rest of my equip:

Spoiler
How uber elder viable is the build? Im on 5 mil DPS with all charges, 4k hp, 800 ES and couldnt really kill UE due to flicking right into his skillshots all the time (one elder / shaper ball / shard kills me) running ToH instead of a silver flask during the fight to migitate damage but it aint enough...
"
Blackdeath911 wrote:
Only rares is see are amulet + belt if i use these rings:

Rest of my equip:

Spoiler

Jewels on the tree and maybe annoint an amulet with a + 12 all resi node
"
Blackdeath911 wrote:

Skill tree (37%), Alira for Bandit (15%), and Le Heup (30%). The rest comes from Belt and Jewels and the ~25% Lightning Res on boots. Endurance charges put the build over cap. If you are still struggling to find resists on gear, you can run a Wise Oak Flask for +35% all res.
Last edited by Spacefight0r on Sep 22, 2019, 10:42:57 AM
How do you all feel about the general affordability of the build vs performance?

This isn't a 20C league starter build, but I may stress the cost effectiveness of the build for how fast it clears; especially in relation to other Flicker Strike builds.

Also, I Updated the main post with a couple of gifs and links to my gear.
Last edited by Spacefight0r on Sep 22, 2019, 12:45:04 PM
Nice Update but for a new player this is still hard.

I can not say much about the cost effectiveness because i already got starforge in another build and had some decent belt laying around. The 2ex for the 6L chest was the "expensive" one in here.

Would be nice if you could update some other gear variants like "this item is BIS but totaly overpriced" "This is the best cost/effect items". I think the current gear is good but is there some uniqe gear which is better?

And im still thinking about why we buff the dmg with Cyclone.
Is there any reason to use cyclone besides generating charges?
Wouldn't it make more sense to support it with blind/life gain on hit/maim?

A Leveling section would help the build too.
Something like
- do lab at lvl 52 latest since only then you can get charges with cyclone
- When to get which ascendency (Obviosly Swift killer->Weave the arcane->Ghost Dance->Escape Artist)
- Where to lvl the skill tree until we can use Flicker. Which nodes are the important ones till then. (Path of Building lvl 30/52 skill tree maybe)

Hope that helps :)
"
Blackdeath911 wrote:
Nice Update but for a new player this is still hard.

I can not say much about the cost effectiveness because i already got starforge in another build and had some decent belt laying around. The 2ex for the 6L chest was the "expensive" one in here.

Would be nice if you could update some other gear variants like "this item is BIS but totaly overpriced" "This is the best cost/effect items". I think the current gear is good but is there some uniqe gear which is better?

And im still thinking about why we buff the dmg with Cyclone.
Is there any reason to use cyclone besides generating charges?
Wouldn't it make more sense to support it with blind/life gain on hit/maim?

A Leveling section would help the build too.
Something like
- do lab at lvl 52 latest since only then you can get charges with cyclone
- When to get which ascendency (Obviosly Swift killer->Weave the arcane->Ghost Dance->Escape Artist)
- Where to lvl the skill tree until we can use Flicker. Which nodes are the important ones till then. (Path of Building lvl 30/52 skill tree maybe)

Hope that helps :)

I don't think my own leveling was/is particularly efficient which is why I haven't touched too much on the subject. My original aim was never to make a build guide, I just thought the end results were worth sharing.

As far as high end items go, I've been looking into that and there are some surprises. Expensive items like Farrul's Fur and Frenzy based Precursor Rings actually lose out to Bronn's and Gifts from Above in damage. I think Farrul's is still a strong option for quality of life as you can drop Cyclone for generating charges.

Lastly, I've been thinking about damage in general. What's enough? Is being able to apply full shock damage values on Elder the goal? Should I sacrifice DPS and go for more rares and EHP? What actually makes the build stronger from here.
I cant really help in getting this build any stronger. Never did something outside any build guide really.
Sometimes i look different build guides for the same skill and check upsides and downsides of suggested items but thats it.

Maybe you could add a suggestion for enchanting the amulet in blight league.
I enchanted "Weathered Hunter" which gives me 10% elemental resistance and some accuracy + dex which boosts dmg a little bit.

Btw. for me the dmg is enough but its pretty hard to get all flasks up placing the totem and throw the banner while leap slamming into the boss to start flicker strike before the boss one shots me. I end up spamming flasks and hold down flicker strike till hes dead or i am.

Did lvl 83 Minotaur:
Spoiler
Died 2 times during fight... Dont really know the mechanic tho
Tier 14 and 15 is where i started dieing once every other map. Probably gonne upgrade some of my gear to get more life. playing abyssus version, which might be whats getting me killed.

Blights are kinde an issue though. With the flickering around its very hard to place towers and not lose track of where you are. The damage is nice and i never fail because of damage, but because i was not at the pump when i needed to.

Probabaly gonne finish my necro too and do the blight maps with him. its way more relaxed and the DPS seems about the same with unending hunger, or maybe even more.

But the clear of this build is insane. I added the rampage axe in second weapon set and activate rampage at start of map and than switch back to starforge for even more damage.
Last edited by Mathorg on Sep 22, 2019, 4:03:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info