[3.10] Storm Burst Trickster - The Tesla Tower

Thanks alot, this was really helpfull
Has anyone tried this build with CI? I've been thinking about it, but playing around in PoB I'm finding it hard to get over 6k ES. Seems like I must be doing something wrong though, or there's a calculation problem somewhere.
"
TheNukes wrote:
Has anyone tried this build with CI? I've been thinking about it, but playing around in PoB I'm finding it hard to get over 6k ES. Seems like I must be doing something wrong though, or there's a calculation problem somewhere.

Getting discipline and some cluster jewel action (Energy from Naught) would help. I think Low Life is a more viable ES direction to take since we're already in the area and reserving life opens Discipline and another aura of choice (Herald of Thunder/Wrath/Zealotry or something).

"
Bladeslaw wrote:
"
TheNukes wrote:

Getting discipline and some cluster jewel action (Energy from Naught) would help. I think Low Life is a more viable ES direction to take since we're already in the area and reserving life opens Discipline and another aura of choice (Herald of Thunder/Wrath/Zealotry or something).

Thanks for the suggestion! It looks like you may have tried this but aren't currently using the character - if that's right, how did it go?
"
TheNukes wrote:
"
Bladeslaw wrote:
"
TheNukes wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion! It looks like you may have tried this but aren't currently using the character - if that's right, how did it go?

I spent a bunch of time and currency looking into a Low Life build. To me, it felt like it needed some cluster jewel backup to feel good. Disorienting Disply to free up the blind link in Orb of Storms. The Energy From Naught notables on small ES cluster jewels is a huge boost. Losing the damage from Light of Lunaris (so we can use Prism Guardian) means we need to make it up somewhere and Void Battery is a pretty simple solution. This requires a pretty hefty respec to pick up some more power charges. The cast speed bump and extra damage hits really hard. All this really bumps up the cost of the build but as a min max option it definitely works.

I gutted it after to try a couple different things since I've hit my goals for the league and wanted to play something different.

I was sitting around 6k ES. A nice side effect is we don't need a cold damage leeched as life amulet and can use the ES leech nodes on the tree or on cluster jewels. This means we can grab a Warlord amulet with +1 level of Physical skill gems for another pretty big damage boost. Once I know what GGG does with cluster jewels I'll add it to the Min Max section. It really depends on Energy from Naught or getting some serious ES on gear though.

The reserved skills I used: Herald of Ice, Zealotry, Herald of Thunder, Hatred, Herald of purity.

Yes you could do the heraldry/purposeful harbinger setup and it'll be OP and broken but that's going to get nerfed into oblivion so I didn't want to spend 5-10ex per jewel for a flash in the pan.
That's really helpful, thanks. Assuming 12ex or so is enough to get started, I'm going to give LL a shot. Do you have a PoB link from when you were still using it?
"
TheNukes wrote:
That's really helpful, thanks. Assuming 12ex or so is enough to get started, I'm going to give LL a shot. Do you have a PoB link from when you were still using it?

This is about as far as I got. Good enough for Sirus/conquerors but falls flat in Simulacrum against Kosis.

https://pastebin.com/Qe88RUYM

There's better cluster jewels to work with I'm sure, and going AOE/Area damage was an idea I grabbed from FastAF's Divine Ire build (which is why the tree is so similar) since we're having fewer balls out I want to maximize overlap of explosions.

It does hit harder than the standard version of the build. I still need to figure out defenses though as it's really squishy in t16 delirium.
"
Bladeslaw wrote:

This is about as far as I got. Good enough for Sirus/conquerors but falls flat in Simulacrum against Kosis.

https://pastebin.com/Qe88RUYM

There's better cluster jewels to work with I'm sure, and going AOE/Area damage was an idea I grabbed from FastAF's Divine Ire build (which is why the tree is so similar) since we're having fewer balls out I want to maximize overlap of explosions.

It does hit harder than the standard version of the build. I still need to figure out defenses though as it's really squishy in t16 delirium.

Alright, I put together an LL version: https://pastebin.com/eCm4vzkm. It's a lot of damage (2.2M DPS on PoB) and might have decent survivability for someone who doesn't experience a lot of stuttering, but for my weak old computer it's kind of a glass cannon in delirious T16s. 5-10 seconds will frequently go by when I can't see what's happening at all, and this build often can't survive that. Maybe if I can get my resistances balanced better it'll be tough enough though; right now I still have negative chaos resistance and ~90 extra cold resistance without flasks up. I also might try taking Ghost Reaver.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info