[3.10] Storm Burst Trickster - The Tesla Tower

Not the best POE player here so I'm hoping for some help.

I'm following Esoro's Storm Burst build and the dps feels good but I've never felt so weak compared to all the other builds I've ever done.

I couldn't even complete the first Trials.

Looking at my character, what am I doing wrong here? Again, never had so much problems with staying alive like this before.
"
Thorhald wrote:
Not the best POE player here so I'm hoping for some help.

I'm following Esoro's Storm Burst build and the dps feels good but I've never felt so weak compared to all the other builds I've ever done.

I couldn't even complete the first Trials.

Looking at my character, what am I doing wrong here? Again, never had so much problems with staying alive like this before.

Don't push deliriums until you get your defense setup. I run differently from esoro in a bunch of ways specifically due to tankiness issues. Things that can help:
Flesh and Stone aura on Sand stance will allow you to blind nearby enemies and take less damage at range.

Arctic Armour gives you some extra defense while stationary (ie: channeling)

Rushing Acro/Phase Acro on the tree.

Incursion amulet with Lightning/Cold damage leeched as life

Cluster jewel with Doryani's Lession for extra leech

Stone/Chaos golem for life regen/phys damage reduction.

Craft HP on any gear that can take it.

I'm currently level 80 with my version of the build on Delirium. The only deaths I've had were getting too frisky with the league mechanic.
Another option that works better for Esoro's build than this one (because he doesn't take Acrobatics, which reduces armor by 50%) is to run a granite flask and Vaal Molten Shell. That combo alone gives something like 3500-4500 EHP for around 15 seconds when paired with Increased Duration Support. It's very helpful to pop at the start of a boss fight and then just burn the boss down.
Hello! I had a question about Supercharge:

"Lightning Damage with Non-Critical Hits is Lucky"

I understand how this generally works, but I don't know if it still applies when you're converting most of your damage to Cold. Would you still get that big damage boost from Lucky even if you're converting?

Thanks!

"
Duskfyre wrote:
Hello! I had a question about Supercharge:

"Lightning Damage with Non-Critical Hits is Lucky"

I understand how this generally works, but I don't know if it still applies when you're converting most of your damage to Cold. Would you still get that big damage boost from Lucky even if you're converting?

Thanks!

From a little bit of looking around it appears "lucky" applies to base damage, not the finished damage result. So any flat lightning damage in our calculation would be rolled twice with the higher result being taken and used in the rest of the damage calculation Source.

So the order of operations (keep numbers simple) Source
- All Lightning damage (including any added lightning to spells etc)
- Roll damage number twice take the highest result (this is before Storm Burst's 50% convert)
- Any other added damage is rolled (phys to spells, cold to spells, etc)
- Convert 50% to lightning (phys to lightning support)
- Convert 80% lightning to cold (COTB)
- Global mods (increases, decreases additive, more and less multiplicative)
- Crit chance is rolled, and if successful multiplies the damage by the crit multiplier.

So it looks like the lightning 50% of storm burst's damage would be "Lucky". The more flat lightning damage you add the better "Lucky" becomes for us.

The rub and I'm not sure how this plays out, is what happens on a critical strike? does the game do the full damage calc twice per hit and only use the "lucky" value on a non-crit? Really not sure how this one works in practice.
Last edited by Bladeslaw on Mar 28, 2020, 11:06:42 AM
Hey everyone. Just wondering what people think about my version of this build, currently at level 90.

The main difference is that I sacrificed some life nodes and the Potency of Will/Shaper branch of the passive tree to add a big cluster jewel section. The jewels mostly add damage and some extra defensive layers - knockback, endurance charges, blind, Nature's Patience. The jewels cost maybe 100c. I have 4.5k life and 2.4k ES (and leech both).

What tends to kill me is a chaos damage spike (damn adders), because my resistance is awful. What do you all find is the best source of chaos resistance?

Any suggestions would be great.
I'm a fan of going for cluster jewels. There's a bunch of good stuff to grab.

As for Chaos Res I've done some work and you're kinda stuck just grabbing/crafting as much as you can. I'm at ~+50% Chaos Res right now with some decent investment.
BladeShaw, I'm following your advice on this build fairly closely. Although I am hybridizing it a bit. What are your thoughts on using "thread of hope" jewels?
If you have time, please take a lot at my setup and add suggestions. Thanks
"
kencunm2 wrote:
BladeShaw, I'm following your advice on this build fairly closely. Although I am hybridizing it a bit. What are your thoughts on using "thread of hope" jewels?
If you have time, please take a lot at my setup and add suggestions. Thanks

Hey I just took a look. The gear looks solid. Do you have leech covered anywhere? I'm not seeing it. It's nice to have especially in the Sirus fight.

My only complaint about thread of hope is the res penalty. If you can make it work your location is a decent spot to save a couple skill points. I haven't really looked into specific best case scenarios for it but given how spread out our tree is I could see it being really helpful.

I like Light of lunaris as a shield but that rare looks really nice. For giggles try tossing Light of Lunaris in PoB to see if it's better.

Are you running into any issues? I'm having some issues in Simulacrum but otherwise it's performing pretty well.
So I feel like i'm pretty geared at this point, I am still getting annihilated frequently (like can't get past 90 because I die so much) and my damage is nothing like some of the videos I've seen using this build. Could you take a look if you get a minute and tell me what I could change? https://pastebin.com/8FCShxhJ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info