[3.10] Storm Burst Trickster - The Tesla Tower

Taking a look at the new Cluster Jewels there's a few interesting ones.
Reference here
TL;DR all the <Adjective> Focus skills are good.

My favorites: Obviously I haven't tested anything but looking at the numbers:
Vital/Enduring Focus is a huge defensive boost
Unwavering/Precise Focus is a big damage bump. Unwavering Focus would be a good early game option depending on your mana situation.
Arcane Adept is a better late game option as Cast speed and Arcane surge are strong damage upgrades and frees up a gem slot.
Storm Rider is a giant damage boost of 50%
Cold Conduction might let us pull a call of the brotherhood ring which opens up a lot of interesting options with Conqueror influenced items

It'll be interesting to see how these will be priced on the market.
I've added the following section to the guide.

Cluster Jewel Options
Spoiler

If you want to explore the cluster jewel options you can take three points and pick up the outer jewel socket by Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics. Depending on your damage/life balance you can either pull points from an existing jewel socket, pull some points from the evasion life/wheel, skill effect duration or 5% life nodes. This largely depend on which cluster jewel you're trying to fit in. Decide what's best for your build and how many points you can burn on small/medium/large rings.

Defensive options:
Spoiler

Nature's Patience
Enduring Ward
Veteran Defender
Battle-Hardened (50/50 offense/defense)
Replenishing Presence
Stoic Focus
Hex Breaker (frees up a flask affix and cast speed is a good damage bump for us)
Vital Focus (again 50/50 offense/defense but the life regen is HUGE for our sustain)
Enduring Focus (gives us the last set of charges)
Rapid Infusion
Towering Threat (Any chance to bump up life)
Thaumophage
Doryani's Lesson
Disorienting Display (blind frees up a gem link)
Prismatic Heart
Storm Drinker
Cold-Blooded Killer
Disciples
Peak Vigor
Fettle
Surging Vitality
Sublime Sensation - I'd only grab this if I was heavy ES.
Peace Amidst Chaos
Adrenaline - not the best leech node but the increased recover per leech is nice
Mindfulness - early game only
Holistic Health - budget option
Will Shaper
Conservation of Energy
Spring Back
Prismatic Dance
Natural Vigor
Shifting Shadow - frees up the blind link
Untouchable
Molten One's Mark
Antivenom - opens up a pantheon slot and covers our worst resist.
Rot-Resistant
Blessed

Offensive options:
Spoiler

Unwavering Focus
Arcane Adept
Precise Focus
Gladiatorial Combat
Precise Retaliation
Force Multiplier
Furious Assault
Grim Oath
Precise Commander
Vengeful Commander
Pressure Points
Overwhelming Malice
Magnifier
Eye of the Storm
Basics of Pain
Vast Power
Conjured Wall
Burden Projection
Essence Rush
Sap Psyche (mana regen = damage)
Sadist
Corrosive Elements (Wave of Conviction is better but this opens a gem link)
Snow Storm
Paralysis (this might actually be great, freeze + stun is HUGE)
Supercharge
Blanketed Snow
Cold Conduction - This might be huge and free up a ring slot!
Inspired Opression
Blast Freeze
Storm Rider - This is probably the single biggest DPS bump I'm seeing
Thunderstruck
Overshock
Endbringer
Agent of Destruction

"
Bladeslaw wrote:

Cold Conduction might let us pull a call of the brotherhood ring which opens up a lot of interesting options with Conqueror influenced items

Can you explain why? Did they change the node? Because the description I'm seeing says nothing about damage conversion.
Last edited by Qikly on Mar 11, 2020, 2:53:21 AM
"
Qikly wrote:
"
Bladeslaw wrote:

Can you explain why? Did they change the node? Because the description I'm seeing says nothing about damage conversion.

Here's my reasoning, at least until I play with it.

Cold Conduction: Enemies Chilled by your Hits are Shocked
Enemies Shocked by your Hits are Chilled

This is the crux of why we're using COTB. Our freezes would give us instant shock. This notable gives us a better version in that we only need to chill for instant shock. Keeping one around for the cold convert to ensure we chill is still important but the second ring slot could be used to pump up our life value, do more damage, band-aid our resists, etc.

It might not be as good as I'm thinking and 2 COTB may still be the right answer but it's worth investigating.
Interesting. I've been playing around with a few different versions of Storm Burst in preparation for 3.10, and I really do like the extra clear / defensive freezes of converting to cold and running Herald of Ice. Maximizing conversion is also nice for stacking added elemental / non-chaos as added chaos damage, though the temple mod nerf hurts a bit there.

But I agree that having an open ring slot would be really nice, given that there are some really nice Synthesis ring options and other synergies. Greater ease in covering resists would be welcome, too. It may end up that whether or not a Cold Conduction jewel is worth it depends on the accompanying mods.

As an aside, I think Lethal Pride has nice synergy with Light of Lunaris: you double your bonus to crit multi and can also pick up some nice offensive mods like chance to deal double damage or defensive mods like take physical damage as fire.
"
Qikly wrote:
Interesting. I've been playing around with a few different versions of Storm Burst in preparation for 3.10, and I really do like the extra clear / defensive freezes of converting to cold and running Herald of Ice. Maximizing conversion is also nice for stacking added elemental / non-chaos as added chaos damage, though the temple mod nerf hurts a bit there.

But I agree that having an open ring slot would be really nice, given that there are some really nice Synthesis ring options and other synergies. Greater ease in covering resists would be welcome, too. It may end up that whether or not a Cold Conduction jewel is worth it depends on the accompanying mods.

As an aside, I think Lethal Pride has nice synergy with Light of Lunaris: you double your bonus to crit multi and can also pick up some nice offensive mods like chance to deal double damage or defensive mods like take physical damage as fire.

I'll play around on standard. I have a few Lethal Pride's I can slot in. There's a few nice perks.

Checking poedb double damage, increased life, life regen, increased physical damage, and physical as extra fire are all nice to haves.
Anyone use this as a League Starter?
DELETE sorry re=post
Last edited by shahmat1972 on Mar 13, 2020, 3:09:08 PM
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
Anyone use this as a League Starter?

Me for the last two leagues.

Read the leveling section for what I did on league start.
Last edited by Bladeslaw on Mar 13, 2020, 3:24:29 PM
How is this build for bossing? Have you killed Shaper / Sirus? How difficult were the fights?
"
Apolloco wrote:
How is this build for bossing? Have you killed Shaper / Sirus? How difficult were the fights?

Check the videos section. Neither are particularly challenging but the better you know the fights. If you don't then better gear will give you more wiggle room to make a mistake here and there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info