[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

After playing a Private League with some friends, I migrated to trade league and went to try out WI again after the rework. So far I have been pleased with the performance (even tho a few more Icestorms would've been very much welcome).

Switched from Astramentis and Cyclopean Coil yesterday and 5l'ed my chest. Now it's time to gain some more levels and farm currency for the clusters and Split Personalities :)
Last edited by ZiiimZooon on May 4, 2021, 7:42:08 AM
hello

please tell me how to use vaal righteous fire in boots ( flesh and stone + discipline + frost shield + vaal righteous fire ). it is activationg all the time not vaal and im die with 1 hp. how to tell him to activate vaal ?

ps: support gems cannot interact with waal gems so ur version of boots gems doesnt work.
Last edited by iIikepewpewpew on May 5, 2021, 5:11:34 AM
"
hello

please tell me how to use vaal righteous fire in boots ( flesh and stone + discipline + frost shield + vaal righteous fire ). it is activationg all the time not vaal and im die with 1 hp. how to tell him to activate vaal ?

ps: support gems cannot interact with waal gems so ur version of boots gems doesnt work.

When you put the gem in, you get 2 different skills, one is the vaal version, other is normal non-vaal version. Sounds like you have put the non-vaal version in action bar, and you need to change it to the vaal version.

That said, VRF is not longer that good. it was changed to eat 60& of ES on activation, and the damage bonus it gives is lowered.
Hi, I have been trying this build as from today after I picked what I needed for switch from previous scion build I played. Can someone take a look at my PoB and tell me if it's by any means intended way for non-cluster version? Thanks

https://pastebin.com/ar1ihM4s
"
Cjin wrote:
"
hello

When you put the gem in, you get 2 different skills, one is the vaal version, other is normal non-vaal version. Sounds like you have put the non-vaal version in action bar, and you need to change it to the vaal version.

That said, VRF is not longer that good. it was changed to eat 60& of ES on activation, and the damage bonus it gives is lowered.

ty but i knew it. i just put wrong gem because in " Gear " -> " Recommended uniques " boots with wrong gems setup. so i dont need it now, i will change it to wave of conviction as it is in pob.

thanks anw.
What should I go for next? I feel like all the minor upgrades I could get aren't with the investment but I also still feel really squishy with 9k ES

https://pastebin.com/0fiTRYCq
"
awsda wrote:
What should I go for next? I feel like all the minor upgrades I could get aren't with the investment but I also still feel really squishy with 9k ES

Go for megalomaniac with overlord, this is the only thing that will save you from hit kills. And remember aways keep rising your ES...
For this league, i found that Recovery %# ES on kill is BIS on chest. On ultimatuns it saves your life.
"
whiterockxx wrote:
"
awsda wrote:

Go for megalomaniac with overlord, this is the only thing that will save you from hit kills. And remember aways keep rising your ES...
For this league, i found that Recovery %# ES on kill is BIS on chest. On ultimatuns it saves your life.

Thanks mate!

Found this and was able to 6link it with a little over 100 fuses. Took a 600ES and 100int drop but having the 6% Es on kill makes this build feel a lot less squishy also I get +1 on both my curses so that almost makes up for the dmg loss.
This actually answered my question as well, I figured Overlord was a no Brainerd, but trying to team it up with a second good one is a pain in League right now.
The patch notes for the upcoming patch include this:

Fixed a bug where the Icestorm skill granted by The Whispering Ice unique staff couldn't be supported by Arcanist Brand.

Some time back there was talk on this thread of trying arcanist brand with Icestorm. I guess it didn't work?

So is there any chance this is another viable way to play Whispering Ice?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info