[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Vladelk wrote:
sorry if it is a repeating question.
Have anybody tried to go with self-casting after the nerfs to 5 storms at a time?
I think Unleash support is going to suit well.

Hey,

i played the complete last patch with unleash - but it was standard league and a total different build.

I use two setups on weapon swap. For mapclear i use winterorb in a staff and switch to Whispering ice for the mapboss. To scale damage of both setups i play it crit based. It is the most powerful build, that includes WI, I ever played (except delirium league).

But:
a) it is standard league with pretty expensive (legacy) stuff
b) does not really feels like a WI build, since I most of the time play with winterorb

Maybe it is viable in a league, but it will be pretty expensive and your survivability is way lower than in kelvynns build. I would not recommend it for a temp league.

You can see the setup in my profile, don’t have a POB or Gameplay Video at the Moment - sitting in the Office
Anyone playing this build? What’s your experience looking like?

I am playing it, currently at t14 maps. I am thinking of switching to wich version for explode stuff.
Last edited by gruumine on Apr 25, 2021, 1:11:22 AM
"
gruumine wrote:
Anyone playing this build? What’s your experience looking like?

I am playing it, currently at t14 maps. I am thinking of switching to wich version for explode stuff.

Yes, I am playing it at the highest tier and absolutely wrecking, although the nerf to Flesh and Stone is meh. However, keep in mind, my Ascendant has a couple hundred exes put into it and is quite min/maxed. This is still my go-to build for my Ascendant and a ton of fun even to this day.
So I played with this build in metamorph and had a blast. Decided to remake it in Ultimatum since the build gained a lot after delirium.

I'm now going towards the cluster setup, and I've got a few things I didn't quite understand on the build/PoB.

1 - What's the benefit of going Phantasmal Wave of Conviction instead of frost bomb? they seem to apply the same amount of cold exposure, so what's the benefit?

2 - On the PoB, lvl 7 wave of conviction and lvl 6 immortal call is linked to a lvl 21 CoDT, I assume that was a typo of sorts and it is actually supposed to be linked to a lvl 1 CoDT, correct? Thing is, that only allows for a lvl 3 Immortal Call, not 6. What should be the correct setup?

3 - Did we really ditch spell cascade completely? :(

4 - The amulet from the PoB is completely insane, but I'm not sure how I would even use it if I got one, removing my astramentis bricks the entire build due to low dex/str lol

Thanks for the help :)
"
Vallcrist wrote:

2 - On the PoB, lvl 7 wave of conviction and lvl 6 immortal call is linked to a lvl 21 CoDT, I assume that was a typo of sorts and it is actually supposed to be linked to a lvl 1 CoDT, correct? Thing is, that only allows for a lvl 3 Immortal Call, not 6. What should be the correct setup?

I can only answer this one, as I'd like to know the answers to your other questions too haha.

The reason why the immortal call is linked to a lvl 21 CoDT is because you do *not* want Immortal Call to activate when it isn't needed to save your butt from dying. Especially with its short base duration, you want it to only activate when you're about to "die". The higher the level of CoDT, the more damage you need to take before it activates.

Whereas the CoDT for the ball lightning you want to be level 1 to curse & dish out some damage on as many mobs as possible.
"
Vallcrist wrote:
So I played with this build in metamorph and had a blast. Decided to remake it in Ultimatum since the build gained a lot after delirium.

I'm now going towards the cluster setup, and I've got a few things I didn't quite understand on the build/PoB.

1 - What's the benefit of going Phantasmal Wave of Conviction instead of frost bomb? they seem to apply the same amount of cold exposure, so what's the benefit?

4 - The amulet from the PoB is completely insane, but I'm not sure how I would even use it if I got one, removing my astramentis bricks the entire build due to low dex/str lol

1. FB puts bomb that explodes after a while, and WoC puts out a wave that moves away from you. This makes WoC little faster to apply the exposure especially to targets close to you. Also I feel it effects more targets total. Also it looks nice to run behind the wave.

2. Like said before, not typo, its to manipulate how often they proc. Only typo is using low level IC and WoC

3. Icestorm has limit of max 5 storms at a time. Storms made by spell cascade count as separate storms for this limit.

4. By the time you get amulet like that, you already know you gonna loose lot of str/dex, so you can try to look for items with extra str/dex and take couple +30 nodes if you dont find. Also you can save little bit in how much str/dex you need by for example using lower level cyclone and Immortal Call
"
Cjin wrote:
"
Vallcrist wrote:

1. FB puts bomb that explodes after a while, and WoC puts out a wave that moves away from you. This makes WoC little faster to apply the exposure especially to targets close to you. Also I feel it effects more targets total. Also it looks nice to run behind the wave.

2. Like said before, not typo, its to manipulate how often they proc. Only typo is using low level IC and WoC

3. Icestorm has limit of max 5 storms at a time. Storms made by spell cascade count as separate storms for this limit.

4. By the time you get amulet like that, you already know you gonna loose lot of str/dex, so you can try to look for items with extra str/dex and take couple +30 nodes if you dont find. Also you can save little bit in how much str/dex you need by for example using lower level cyclone and Immortal Call

I see, that makes a lot of sense.

But, on point 3. Don't we want WoC and IC to proc as often as possible? Or do we really prefer a better IC in exchange of not so many exposure procs?
Very slow build with super bad single target damage and mediocre survivability, on top of that it feels super delayed and just doesn't deliver satisfaction when killing stuff. Non cluster version is not viable in current endgame at all. Cluster one will cost you decent amount of exalts and still wont carry you if your mechanical skillz are average. Maybe was decent 10 leagues ago, but at current poe situation is just time and currency waste. Would not recommend unless you just like build concept and super slow gameplay.
"
Vallcrist wrote:

I see, that makes a lot of sense.

But, on point 3. Don't we want WoC and IC to proc as often as possible? Or do we really prefer a better IC in exchange of not so many exposure procs?

We don't really have 'oh shit' button, only few defensive flasks, so you want (well I want at least) to have better defense when it matters.

After you get high ES, trash doesn't really hurt that much and exposure, especially now that exposure values were lowered, doesn't really do that much on trash.

Also you can have only one wave from WoC. If you get another wave (and with lvl1 CwDT you totally can), the first wave will disappear. Most of the times this is a bad thing.
del
Last edited by poearca on Apr 28, 2021, 7:31:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info