[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I am also someone who switched belt before switching ammy. Ammy is going to be a huge dps increase for sure, but early-mid build, I was struggling for resists, and switching to an end game ammy isn't going to help with two suffixes locked up for %int and +int. For the belt, we do not need influence, so %int is synthesized implicit and allows for 2 resist suffixes and comes at a more affordable price.
"
eXwu wrote:
I am also someone who switched belt before switching ammy. Ammy is going to be a huge dps increase for sure, but early-mid build, I was struggling for resists, and switching to an end game ammy isn't going to help with two suffixes locked up for %int and +int. For the belt, we do not need influence, so %int is synthesized implicit and allows for 2 resist suffixes and comes at a more affordable price.

Yeah gearing in the pretty early/mid game i remember having the same issue. Having the belt made it much easier to just get rings with high int and average resistance rolls. And when you eventually switch to %int rings it carries over to making those easier to make work as you won't have the extra resistance implicit on the rings.
"
Mindhandler wrote:

Agree to disagree then. My belt is a 7% increase from a standard cyclopean coil with 18% attributes. And a 2.2% increase over a cyclopean coil with perfectly corrupted rolls. So the one you are using would be anywhere from a 3-5% dps loss for me while costing more than a rare belt. Rare belts with %int base cost 50-70c. You can hit something useable within a few essences so the belt cost is about 1ex. Being cheaper would not classify it as a "late game option."

Yeah, I would get a 2.7% damage increase using your belt at the cost of losing shock and ignite immunity as well as some stats. It comes down to preference I guess, but I never struggled with resistances personally and would rather keep with the cyclopean QoL myself. I also didn't realize the cyclopean coil was that expensive now.

Damage boost from swapping amulet is huge, though, and doesn't need to be too expensive. They've gone up in price somewhat, but you can still get a decent one sub-5 ex.

"
Oliversrensen wrote:
Now, this Megalomaniac is good! PM me if you're interested in buying it :P

It's good for sure, but once again you're aiming way too high; no way you'll get 100ex for it. Been 2 of em listed the past week for 50ex and 60ex.
"
Oliversrensen wrote:
Now, this Megalomaniac is good! PM me if you're interested in buying it :P

It's good for sure, but once again you're aiming way too high; no way you'll get 100ex for it. Been 2 of em listed the past week for 50ex and 60ex.
[/quote]

Oh yeah I'm for sure not getting 100ex, but I don't need the money right now, so I'm just collecting offers :P Highest is 45ex atm, and he's trying to get more xD
Ugh. Kitava wrecked my resistances (As expected). Didn't find good gear along the way and I spent the little currency I had to buy stuff to get going with this. But I've filled the sockets that I have with 3 grand spectrums to temporarily get my resists maxed until I've got enough currency to get some decent gear. Transitioning out of Astramentis will be rough.

I've got 3,3k ES right now, which isn't too much. The build itself is fun and all, but I don't know, I feel like I need lots of currency to get decent gear because I suck at crafting X.x
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
So I'm currently level 85 with this build and starting to struggle. I'm trying to do red maps and even without mods many just take too long to kill or punch through my ES from 100%. My current PoB is here https://pastebin.com/8wvQ6046 so if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong it would be a huge help! I really enjoy the build but don't want to shelve it for not figuring out my problems.
"
BadwithMicro wrote:
So I'm currently level 85 with this build and starting to struggle. I'm trying to do red maps and even without mods many just take too long to kill or punch through my ES from 100%. My current PoB is here https://pastebin.com/8wvQ6046 so if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong it would be a huge help! I really enjoy the build but don't want to shelve it for not figuring out my problems.

One easy fix that will be immediately helpful for basically no cost is flasks. Run a granite flask of warding/staunching and a basalt flask of warding or staunching in your 4th and 5th flask slots. Those 2 flasks will give you 44% physical damage reduction instead of 0. Extremely useful in maps.
"
One easy fix that will be immediately helpful for basically no cost is flasks. Run a granite flask of warding/staunching and a basalt flask of warding or staunching in your 4th and 5th flask slots. Those 2 flasks will give you 44% physical damage reduction instead of 0. Extremely useful in maps.

So run a granite and basalt instead of my forbidden taste and silver flask?
Sorry if this has been asked previously, but why not use Herald of Ice?
"
BadwithMicro wrote:
"

So run a granite and basalt instead of my forbidden taste and silver flask?

Yes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info