[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

If I dropped discipline I would only lose 221 flat energy shield and 30% energy shield recharge rate. (it takes 2 seconds of not taking damage for recharge rate to have an effect)

So I don't think it's too big a loss, especially considering I gain 7% cold penetration and 3 passive points by dropping discipline + a gem slot opens up.

Thoughts?? Or another way to maximise potential to allow for arcane surge in the mix.
Don't worry can't get rid of discipline as need it for es on hit watchers eye.

This is my next solution.

Drop the LVL 4 enlighten and drop self-control mega jewel.

Get sovereignty and the other for a total of 7 passive points spent. (26% mana reserve reduced)

Then we need 9 x 1% reduced mana reserve implicits (yes I know that's a lot but doable getting all brute force/fertile mind jewels as well as 2 cobalt jewel and natural instincts jewel...that's 10 jewels until you decide to use a mega jewel that's good but 26+ flat int sounds like it would scale better than 5% int from genius (Works out to be 20 int difference more with genius)) PS. If you can't get that many mana reserve jewels instead of going to a mega jewel we can path 3 points into increased aura effect and 4% more reserve this saving us 4 jewels corrupted as well as increasing the effect of all auras by like 15%.

That will allow us to have a total of 35% reduced mana reserved and with the 15% zealotry or hatred enchant on helm this lets us run the following auras:

- aspect of the spider
- hatred
- discipline (221 flat es)
- zealotry
- clarity (400 flat es based on my gear)

This will be the gem setup for boots/gloves/helm

Cwdt LVL 21 + immortal call lvl 21 + wave of conviction LVL 21 > frostdash

Hatred + clarity + zealotry + discipline

Vortex + bonechill + arcane surge LVL 6
> Vaal righteous fire

This lets us get a mega jewel with genius (8% mana and 5% int), overlord (fortify up all the time), energy from naught (100 flat es) even just getting one of them is worth 3 points imo. (Bonus if you get a mega with 2 or 3 useful passives)

Please give me your critique. :)
Last edited by Hemzokuken on Oct 14, 2020, 2:31:09 AM
This is a noob question, but can't Wave of Conviction also proc the curses if socketed in the body armor instead of Ball Lightning? This way it would apply both exposure and curses and free up a gem slot? Also, what is Frostdash?
"
McDuda wrote:
This is a noob question, but can't Wave of Conviction also proc the curses if socketed in the body armor instead of Ball Lightning? This way it would apply both exposure and curses and free up a gem slot? Also, what is Frostdash?

Yeah I thought the same and it's great but one directional and when it procs a second time the first one deletes.

Ball lightning is MVP as kelvynn said. :)
Also using divergent clarity gives us 20% more damage while on full mana. :)
"
Hemzokuken wrote:

You are never at full mana whne cycloning, unless you have -3 (or whatever it costs for you) to total mana cost of skill somehwere
"
Akisailent wrote:
"
Hemzokuken wrote:

You are never at full mana whne cycloning, unless you have -3 (or whatever it costs for you) to total mana cost of skill somehwere

1 ring craft gives -5 to mana cost and cyclone costs 5 mana.
So 20% increased damage for nothing just need open prefix on 1 ring.

Ahh disregard it is lower for channeling but still might as well get if we are running clarity anyway.

To be fair my mana is full 50% of the time as it stays on full most of the time but ticks down then back to full so it is still a damage boost.
Last edited by Hemzokuken on Oct 14, 2020, 4:57:50 AM
Divergent Vitality gives 20% increased damage too and it has a low mana reserved at lvl1.
"
Madrac wrote:
Divergent Vitality gives 20% increased damage too and it has a low mana reserved at lvl1.

Yeah that's the one I'm using
Threw a few more vaals into my gloves....they have taken like 30 now! lmfao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info