[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Damn using Fortify in the staff really makes the UE fight so much easier. I had one stupid death but otherwise it was pretty easy. Getting much better at fighting them and had a decent Watcher's Eye drop too.
Last edited by SasoriOtoko on Oct 19, 2019, 6:59:39 PM
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
Damn using Fortify in the staff really makes the UE fight so much easier. I had one stupid death but otherwise it was pretty easy. Getting much better at fighting them and had a decent Watcher's Eye drop too.

Fortify is a very good choice to socket in the staff in order to stay alive in hard encounters.

Because of Fortify and some others cool helpful things i managed to finally fulfill my dream of hitting 1000 depth in the mines!

Was such a ride, especially the final 15-20 points were extremely hard, at around 985 depth i hit an almost impossible combo wall of biomes surrounding me. Not a single one with a decent combo of 3-5 mods, absolutely all of them had 8-10 mods with 3-4 damage ones each and 40+% monster density. Died like 10-12 times trying to penetrate through them but in the end i managed to go over and finally hit 1000 depth.

To make a plastic comparison, "rippy" T16 maps with 100+ quantity and 8+ mods feel like T1 white maps, no kidding!

Video of me reaching 1000 depth :)

Spin_On_Ice arrives at depth 1000 in the mines
Last edited by lilianmarius on Oct 19, 2019, 7:40:42 PM
Congrats Lilian! That is quite an accomplishment. :)

Enjoyed the video. Only 1100 points per node...for some reason I thought it would be a lot more. That's not too bad. You've inspired me to delve downward (I'm at around 180 atm).

Do you find a lot more goodies the deeper you go down?
Last edited by SasoriOtoko on Oct 19, 2019, 8:08:48 PM
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
Congrats Lilian! That is quite an accomplishment. :)

Enjoyed the video. Only 1100 points per node...for some reason I thought it would be a lot more. That's not too bad. You've inspired me to delve downward (I'm at around 180 atm).

Do you find a lot more goodies the deeper you go down?

Thanks!

Sulphite cost is capped at around 870 depth for 1100 sulphite per smallest distance between 2 nodes.

Regarding goodies, i can say that after 700 they start to appear kinda frequently. I am talking about cities and bosses, fossil nodes - normal ones (these are quite often) and special ones and other special nodes like (chaos, physical, cold, fire, lightning items nodes, perandus, harbinger, legion, etc.).

After 900 depth cities can be seen very often, one after another i may say but some of them can have way too rippy mods, so you need a strong char to survive inside those cities.

I can say that between 700 and 1000 without exploring left or right but just going straight down i found around 15 special fossil nodes (faceted, bloodstained, fractured, glyphic, hollow, tangled).

If you ask me if it's worth to farm mines around 800-900 for profit? It does, as long as your char can do any combo of mods that appear in the nodes at that depth. Otherwise if you go only for nodes with easy combo of mods you wont make much profit because at this level of depth most of the biomes that you pass through have a lot of modifiers, one rippier than other :)

Last edited by lilianmarius on Oct 19, 2019, 9:37:53 PM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
Mandatory things that carried this build to this depth are: Cyclone as movement skill, Fortify support gem in staff, Rampage mechanic and the Watcher's Eye with dual Discipline(+ES on hit)/Clarity (Extra ES) mods. Without them it would have been way, way harder to survive the crazy damage and mods that are almost at every corner at this depth level.

I don't think the Clarity/ES mod on the jewel is mandatory. While I'm not quite as deep myself yet, that extra 4k ES you have doesn't look to be making that much difference. It's mostly about the random rippy mods. You can do depth 1000 nodes with easy mods, while depth 600 with triple extra damage, Nemesis and penetration can 1-shot you.

Also, one thing is missing on that list: Aspect of the Spider. Its role in your survival is HUGE. Try turning it off for comparison ;)

And grats on reaching 1000!
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 19, 2019, 10:27:43 PM
"
Terter83 wrote:
Hi.
I just wanted to know if it is possible to do this build with a Witch please?
Is Scion really mandatory? ( got a Witch lvl 90, wanna respec her )

I'm sure a Witch version is possible. You can try adapting the tree for the Occultist. It will be less powerful than the Scion, but should still be able to do the endgame.
Mhm, i get a Watcher's Eye with "ES on Hit Discipline" and "Damage taken gained as Mana Clarity"

Do you think it is a helpful mod?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Terter83 wrote:
Hi.
I just wanted to know if it is possible to do this build with a Witch please?
Is Scion really mandatory? ( got a Witch lvl 90, wanna respec her )

I'm sure a Witch version is possible. You can try adapting the tree for the Occultist. It will be less powerful than the Scion, but should still be able to do the endgame.

Thx for your answer, but my scion is now 50+, so i'll continue to lvl up her, play your amazing build like it should be and let the witch rest in peace ^^
Last edited by Terter83 on Oct 20, 2019, 12:12:28 PM
Was pretty lucky with crafting some items.

Just used 4 frigid/dense fossiles, was aiming for -9 cold res to nearby enemy helmet, but i will keep this.
Wow, that's a really nice helm! Congrats. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info