[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Ok Lets do some maths people.

Lowballing all these stats and using round numbers only for the purpose of theory crafting.

Assuming with 13 Int/Str Split Personalities you have the following stats.

3000 Int
1500 Str
500 Dex

Cold to the Core. 1% Cold Damage Per 25 Str/Int/Dex

5000 / 25 = 200% + Damage for Each large Cluster jewel.

6 Large Cluster Jewels with Cold to the Core
1200%+ Cold Damage
6 large Cluster Jewels with Prismatic heart 30% Elemental Damage 10% All resistance.

300% Spell Damage from Whispering Ice

200% Damage from Necklace craft.

******Correction Evasion****** Will not cap without using Int/Eva jewels forgot that when I first started this I couldn't afford the Int/Es Jewels and that's why my Evasion was capped with Crusaders Touch. I will Guesstimate Eva at 5000-15000 depending on flask setup and int total. Also any Flat Eva on equipment will be scaled by 60% of it's value assuming a Int of 3000.
With Int Eva Jewels my Evasion rating without flasks or other buffs was 54,000 63% chance to dodge attacks.

"
Ya so.....with the new tree using every large cluster around the tree, shaper's touch, and full STR/INT splits I lost 9k ES, and gained 4k tooltip, idk if hes theory crafting with shaper's touch from 3.9 pre-nerf or what but its garbage.

Literally just lost half my ES and multiple comfort features for 4k tooltip, dont bother with that tree.

What was your starting point stat wise?

I'm sitting on 3704int 265str 200dex with 22k es (without headheader) 19k with HH.

As I said in the post with the Pastebin it's a rough draft....as in hasn't been twinked at all or had any Hivemind input which is the whole point of my posting here.

Also Concentrated Effect is a DPS loss buy a cheap 20/20 Spell Cascade and you will understand what I mean. The volume you can pump out is insane.
Ya the shaper's touch version is hot garbage, I physically tried it with actual str/int splits in game, 13 or 14, perfect rolled shapers gloves, lv99, and pretty high end gear.

I lost over 9,000 ES, master of fear, will shaper, thaumophage, overlord, etc and only gained a total of 4k on my tooltip.

The tree your currently running is a variant people already use in the thread, they just use that one with vengeful commander/cold to the core large clusters and use hatred. That trees perfectly legit but anyone looking at the other one, dont spend any actual currency, I didnt mind b/c my gears done and prior every new tree weve seen in the thread the last 3 weeks has been amazingly successful.

Its basically Lingen's tree at this point, or the newer hatred/vengeful commander one however that one requires sacrificing more quality of life and comfort features then are necessary but could be appealing to newer players on a budget unable to afford the 8-12ex per current meta large cluster jewels.
"
Lacrimosa1 wrote:
"
Ya so.....with the new tree using every large cluster around the tree, shaper's touch, and full STR/INT splits I lost 9k ES, and gained 4k tooltip, idk if hes theory crafting with shaper's touch from 3.9 pre-nerf or what but its garbage.

Literally just lost half my ES and multiple comfort features for 4k tooltip, dont bother with that tree.

What was your starting point stat wise?

I'm sitting on 3704int 265str 200dex with 22k es (without headheader) 19k with HH.

As I said in the post with the Pastebin it's a rough draft....as in hasn't been twinked at all or had any Hivemind input which is the whole point of my posting here.

Also Concentrated Effect is a DPS loss buy a cheap 20/20 Spell Cascade and you will understand what I mean. The volume you can pump out is insane.

I ran the tree in multiple ways and it's a DPS and ES loss overall, at least with my gear. The main problem is that while you have more cluster nodes, the pathing is shorter. It may be worth digging deeper, but it certainly looks worse to me. If you can pull off a PoB with better (or similar) ES and damage values to the other available trees, I would be super curious to see it!

Concentrated Effect is a MASSIVE single target DPS gain at the expense of clear speed/area. That's mostly due to the large damage multiplier it has, when coupled with the smaller attack area, so that more icicles HIT in the small area. Icestorm always fires the same amount of projectiles, and with a smaller area, they can ALL hit a large boss.

Spell Cascade has a less damage multiplier, that's offset somewhat by firing off many more area icicles around you. But that doesn't help you much on single target.

With the amount of damage and INT I currently have, I use awakened spell cascade on everything... Everything BUT Sirus, since that guy has way too much HP and no adds, I switch to Con Effect on him, and it makes the fight much shorter.
Ya the tree we run at 97+ is about as optimized as you can get thanks to all the hard work of lingen, breken, kelvynn and others.

It has the perfect blend of offense and defense while leaving room for either 2 megalomaniacs or a megalo and medium cluster of your choosing to provide any quality of life extras you desire.

You can always do more dps, but not at the cost of significant amounts of your defenses and comfort features. I already delete uber elder and a8 sirius with barely any effort or ability.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Apr 24, 2020, 1:04:10 AM
Hi!

Even tho I haven't been playing so much this league, it has been very fun and interesting to follow the thread, especially in this league, with all the new varieties of build options and trees depending on your level / budget :)
Experiment:

After dropping all three +1 level watchstones and the Shaper+Elder one from Sirus, I decided to try the fabled 100% Delirium T19 Triple Beyond Nemesis Currency map.

I ran it with Beyond and 4 scarabs: Breaches, Ambush, Harbinger, Elder (top versions). Plus I had 7 different prophecies for extra spawns. And a Conqueror was due to spawn in it.

First, I tried clearing with Awakened Spell Cascade. Holy shit! I've never seen such amount of lag in PoE ever! I have no problems clearing maps with ASC. But not this one. My RTX 2070 went down to 1 fps slide show mode.

After swapping to the single target the lag became tolerable, but it took 16 min to clear. Non-stop chain-spawning Beyond bosses that teleport around instead of chasing after you are not good for clear speed, especially with the single target setup. I spent probably 80% of my time chasing and killing the Beyond bosses. About 30 of them in total, but no Abaxoth. Too bad, I'd love to see a T19 Abaxoth.

This build had no problems killing anything there. T19 Delirium bosses didn't feel any different from T16, they died quickly enough. I imagine the xp would have been great, if I wasn't lv 100 already.

But the loot...

Plus several ilvl 86-88 bases that might sell for maybe another 1 ex, and a few maps.

I expected more, given how much it cost to run that map and how long it took to clear. Simulacrum is easier to clear, drops similar currency, and a chance of an uber jewel.

Overall: T19 is not worth farming for currency drops. Maybe I should try the remaining charges on those watchstones with
instead. With Shaper and Crusader influences, Abyss, and extra rogue exiles. According to poe.ninja, Shaper and Crusader jewelry sells pretty well. But definitely no Beyond - that's just annoying and doesn't drop anything good.
"
JCOH35 wrote:
Ya the tree we run at 97+ is about as optimized as you can get thanks to all the hard work of lingen, breken, kelvynn and others.

It has the perfect blend of offense and defense while leaving room for either 2 megalomaniacs or a megalo and medium cluster of your choosing to provide any quality of life extras you desire.

You can always do more dps, but not at the cost of significant amounts of your defenses and comfort features. I already delete uber elder and a8 sirius with barely any effort or ability.

I dunno if i'm missing something, but how are you able to run both of those megalos? I look at our passive tree and they are nearly identical, with 1 point at the beginning being different and me not running zealots or reaver at the moment. When i plug your character into pob it says you are using more passives than possible?
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Overall: T19 is not worth farming for currency drops. Maybe I should try the remaining charges on those watchstones with
instead. With Shaper and Crusader influences, Abyss, and extra rogue exiles. According to poe.ninja, Shaper and Crusader jewelry sells pretty well. But definitely no Beyond - that's just annoying and doesn't drop anything good.

Time wise is way more profitable to do T14-T16 maps with sextants/scarabs/zana mods/master missions/prophecy like Tropical Island/Lair/Promenade and you will get way more splinters/hour compared with doing T16-T19 100% Delirious maps (only the thing that you need to gather splinters 1 by 1 in Delirium maps makes me not wanting to farm those type of maps)

I on average get from a Tropical Island fully juiced around 120-140 splinters (got even 180+ couple of times lol), from a Lair fully juiced around 100-120 and from Promenade 70-80.

Of course you need high sustained damage to get those numbers (i don't use spell cascade/awakened spell cascade) that's why to those who say that damage doesn't matter or they have enough damage, you never have enough damage, there is always a spot for more to be more efficient when you clear maps.

If you want to see how insane damage makes the difference just watch some clips of the streamer named Fast AF and you will understand what damage means - of course in full mirror gear. You think you have insane damage? you will think again after seeing those clips.

So time wise if you want to farm as fast as possible Simulacrums splinters do T14-T16 maps i said above.

That's how i did my exalts to buy a mirror, chaining T14-T16 maps, spamming Simulacrums, Conquerors and Sirus and selling all the shitty loot! and converting everything into exalts :)
Last edited by lilianmarius on Apr 24, 2020, 9:18:10 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
I on average get from a Tropical Island fully juiced around 120-140 splinters (got even 180+ couple of times lol), from a Lair fully juiced around 100-120 and from Promenade 70-80.

Of course you need high sustained damage to get those numbers (i don't use spell cascade/awakened spell cascade) that's why to those who say that damage doesn't matter or they have enough damage, you never have enough damage, there is always a spot for more to be more efficient when you clear maps.

Can you record a 120+ splinter run? I was able to get to 70-90 reliably after a couple of days of experimenting, but I'm sure I still have a lot to learn. I didn't want to spend time on Alva or Cassia though. They increase the number of splinters, but take too much time. What kind of 'juice' do you use?

I don't see how damage matters though. Everything already instantly dies in those maps. It's all about strategy, not damage.

"
If you want to see how insane damage makes the difference just watch some clips of the streamer named Fast AF and you will understand what damage means - of course in full mirror gear. You think you have insane damage? you will think again after seeing those clips.

Just did. A typical mirror-geared glass cannon builder who clears super fast but gets to super low health even in his showcase clips, meaning in reality he dies a lot - with mirror gear. And that's a streamer with tons of play time and experience. A regular player trying emulate that will have a really hard time. Trading some of that damage for some defenses would probably work better.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 24, 2020, 12:30:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info