[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
StellarMaser wrote:
Any tips for handling legion encounters? I seem to struggle with the time constraints of the encounters.

Spell Cascade or Awakened Spell Cascade in your staff, but this if your PC can handle that shitty lag creator skill. Mine it doesn't
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 19, 2020, 4:24:09 PM
"
shrunn57 wrote:

Everyone can play this the way they like it, but the improvement in PoB as well as the better feel in game is even more striking for my cheaper version of the build. I'm going to keep going this direction for now.

Absolutely. Everyone can play these builds however they want.

The only issue is presenting it like it's a damage improvement and/or even a great defensive improvement or the original which I don't believe it is, which is why I discussed it.

With Icestorm you are hitting with 30+ Icicles per second. Over 8 seconds, you are going to crit and get your Elemental Overload refreshed with or without your changes. If you aren't, somethign else is wrong.

You should also be comparing DPS vs Shaper/Guardian.

Last edited by wakasm on Jan 19, 2020, 5:23:12 PM
"
With Icestorm you are hitting with 30+ Icicles per second. Over 8 seconds, you are going to crit and get your Elemental Overload refreshed with or without your changes. If you aren't, somethign else is wrong.

Easy to say, but my observation is that CD reduces EO uptime dramatically. In easy content, everything is getting one shot and those extra non-hitting icicles don't help proc EO. I can do nearly a whole low map without seeing an EO.

In tough content, EO procs more often, but since leeching is nearly continuous, energy leech has only a small disadvantage to CD, made up for by higher ES and damage in the tree, and marginally better EO uptime.

And 5 points to get to Ethereal Feast (with no nodes of value in between) seems like way too much for a 20% effective* increase in leech cap that I can't even notice in game.

If I could get something like vortex to crit more and solve the EO problem, I might use CD again. Anyway still testing and comparing.

* 24% cap goes to 30% (= +25%), but at a loss of ES, so only just over a 20% net increase

I tested whether vortex could crit enough to solve my EO problem, and it didn't help at all, but then decided to try a standard method for getting EO to proc in builds that are otherwise reluctant.

I just replaced immortal call and increased duration in a CWDT group with Ice Spear and Increased Crit. This raises the uptime of EO from around 25% to probably 75%, in level 12 maps where I'm testing. In tougher content it should be better.

That's enough to give controlled destruction a definite edge, so I'm going back to it for now. I don't like that I needed at least 4 points to get Ethereal Feast, but the survivability so far seems fine. I'll still get to 8k ES without investing anything.
"
shrunn57 wrote:

In easy content, everything is getting one shot

So Elemental Overload isn't even a factor here if everything is dying in one hit without it, in either case, you should still be proccing EO.

"
shrunn57 wrote:

In tough content, EO procs more often

As it statistically should and also where it matters more. Your spells have evne more opportunity to crit with storm stacking.

"
shrunn57 wrote:
Since leeching is nearly continuous

This is just false. You are only leeching if you are below max ES. You should be at max the vast majority of the time (especially on easy maps) unless you are just purposely standing in fire (somehow). That is one of this build's main strengths... it's strengh is it's ability to leech to full almost instantly. It's only real weakness is that you are mainly just stacking ES, so since there are no other defensive layers (no armor, no evasion, no block, etc), you need a really high pool to survive one shots/burst damage... but if you survive, you are back to 100% in no time.

"
shrunn57 wrote:

And 5 points to get to Ethereal Feast

If by 5 you mean 3,

"
shrunn57 wrote:
for a 20% effective* increase in leech cap that I can't even notice in game

If you can't notice a 20% increase in energy leech cap + 1.3% energy leech from spells, how does just swapping out these skills and replaying with an energy leech gem that effectively does the same amount of leech, but DOESN'T increase the cap and also does 20% less damage to boot seem like a good swap?

Your main argument seems to be around Elemental Overload... but like... go watch the videos posted on this build. At any point there are enemies to hit (Blight Map video or Uber Elder) EO is almost always up. It's pretty easy to test.

Like, I just ran a white tier 1 jungle valley where everything gets one shot and my EO was up up 95% of the time, only dropping when there no mobs to hit. I would record this but there is already video evidence of the uptime right on the first page.

You aren't really solving a problem here but potentially overthinking another one, especially since energy leech is kind of a trap with the how leech works these days.

I can only think that you think there is a problem because you haven't really gotten your INT high enough yet for enough storms to stack. I mean, looking at your gear, you still have quite a few upgrades to go.

Last edited by wakasm on Jan 20, 2020, 12:38:11 AM

Is this worth multi modding after divining the inc int to 12%?
"

Is this worth multi modding after divining the inc int to 12%?

you got the watcher eye that does % mana to es?
"
FairyTanya wrote:

you got the watcher eye that does % mana to es?

Hmm, thats like 130 ex. Guess i'll reroll it.
So I rolled this chest. Where do I go from here? Upgrade to rare and slam multimod?
Rarity: Magic
Vaal Regalia of Shaping
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Energy Shield: 196 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 68
Int: 194
--------
Sockets: B
--------
Item Level: 83
--------
12% increased Intelligence
--------
Shaper Item
Multimod only gives you 2 Stats of choice to craft.
You want 1 free Suffix for the attributes and multimod is a suffix as well. So with %inc int the suffixes are all blocked.

So you Aug a prefix on it (which is usually not the one you want - as it is Flat ES you need :D) regal it, than start over with step 1 - perfect fossil :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info