[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
I also can't see how one extra Brutal Force jewel node (or even where you placed it) would make up the difference of an extra 20% more damage + extra spell damage.

Not sure what you are citing here. I didn't claim anything like that. You don't get 20% more from any of the Brutal force nodes (or Fertile Mind).

I replaced a Controlled Destruction with Energy Leech. Got a damage boost and a leech boost. Dropped the extra leech cluster which gave nothing noticeable (I don't miss the supposed faster leech rate), and went with another int/damage/ES jewel slot.

When I level up a few more times, I will get yet another int/damage/ES jewel (one more than Kelvynn's version), and end up at around 44k damage per hit and 8400 ES. And this without spending much at all on gear. Kelvynn's example has 57k and 10.3k ES, but costs many dozens of exalts on standard.

edit: I could have mentioned that with a couple of my changes, Kelvynn's build goes up to 75.5k per hit and 10.7k ES.

Last edited by shrunn57 on Jan 18, 2020, 11:38:25 PM

\

can you check where do i go from here. TQ.
Really enjoyed this character, but selling it off. I've got about middle-of-the-road gear, but have cleared AL8 Sirus several times with it. IF anybody wants to buy the full set, let me know and we can talk prices - I'm guessing its about 20 ex or so (I have all the correct jewels as well, although my Watcher's eye is for recovery rate, not ES on hit).

Message me in game.

"
shrunn57 wrote:
You don't get 20% more from any of the Brutal force nodes (or Fertile Mind).

Yes, that's exactly my point.

"
shrunn57 wrote:

I replaced a Controlled Destruction with Energy Leech. Got a damage boost and a leech boost.

I basically summarized your steps. My point was, I don't see how you got a damage boost.

First - if you are using the POB listed - you have to make sure you uncheck "Are you Leeching Energy Sheld" if you check "Are you always on Full Energy Shield" because you can't be leeching if you are at full. (Otherwise POB calculates the damage from this gem as a 63% more multiplier, which would be godly).

You replaced Controlled Destruction for Energy Leech which is a loss of around 20% more damage + another 10% extra spell damage unless you are somehow leeching at all times which you aren't. We can't really compare leeching since you can't be leeching at all times, but even then, you are still losing damage.

You made this swap because you posted that the extra energy leech came from the gem swap, and thus, you could remove Etheral Feast and reallocate somewhere else.

By that logic (and my point) - I don't see how reallocating that to another Brutal Force somewhere would make up the difference of 20% more damage. I don't think there is a single 3 point cluster that would come close to this difference.

You would need to have like an extra 140 Int in that swap to make up the damage difference that you would be at if you kept Controlled Destruction... and even then, I think because of how the INT scaling works, the Controlled Destruction would just benefit from this extra damage even more if you could.

The extra Energy leech you get from the gem is not really worth the 20% LESS damage you are taking with this swap.

All of this is why I said:
"
I also can't see how one extra Brutal Force jewel node (or even where you placed it) would make up the difference of an extra 20% more damage + extra spell damage.

Lilianmarius knows this build better than anyone, and they also confirmed that there is only one real gem swap you could make that would make sense. Can also confirm if what I say makes sense or not.

Last edited by wakasm on Jan 19, 2020, 1:38:42 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
FairyTanya wrote:

i am struggling really hard in this game to make 1 exl or 2 and u just slam them 1 after another,i am doing my best to learn craft but the way you talk is way behind my understanding lol.gz on the ring i guess :P would love to see the rest of the gear so i will know what to aim for in the long run

Crafting in PoE, especially end-game crafting (known also as "meta-crafting") can look very difficult for a newcomer. You shouldn't bother with it at the beginning since it requires a lot of knowledge of crafting mechanics and more than that it requires a lot of currency.

If you need an item just search for the mods you need and buy the one you can afford, is always easier and most of the time it's cheaper to buy it than to attempt to craft it!

When The Hunter decides to be a bit generous with me!

Too bad the Awakened gem is trash (he probably dropped it from his weapon setup since his damage is chaos damage :)), could have been an Awakened Multistrike instead or at least an Awakened Cast on Critical Strike!

You might be right but i manage to get better items for cheaper price cus i crafted them like the 10% int body armour with good es rolls is pricey i manage to craft one with +1 active skill gems 10% int and crafted max es and increase es myself and its 5 link cus base 6link vaal is expnasive lol. Dont want to sound whiny but i am very unlucky so far awakaner 6 and so far i saw 1 exlt drop and 1 item worth 2 exlt so crafthing is my best choice atm to get decent gear :$

Its the same guy just now i saw i was wirting from my gf account
Last edited by phantom_god on Jan 19, 2020, 3:02:00 AM
"
First - if you are using the POB listed - you have to make sure you uncheck "Are you Leeching Energy Sheld" if you check "Are you always on Full Energy Shield" because you can't be leeching if you are at full. (Otherwise POB calculates the damage from this gem as a 63% more multiplier, which would be godly).

First, there is no check box about leeching energy shield. If PoB always assumes you are leeching in its calc, then PoB is fooling us a bit. If it is truly double dipping on the presumably alternating states, then I may reconsider.

However, the gain from Elemental Overload is enormous. With CD I was seeing EO only occasionally, but with EL it is up nearly 100%. This is a gain of more than 20% itself. In addition, when leeching ES the difference between CD and EL is much smaller, yet the EO advantage continues.

Here is a PoB modified from Kelvynn's that shows more damage and more energy shield from a few changes: https://pastebin.com/dhWW7B5D

The above has about 66k per hit and 11k ES. Things can be balanced for more damage or more ES, but the above gets some of both.

Everyone can play this the way they like it, but the improvement in PoB as well as the better feel in game is even more striking for my cheaper version of the build. I'm going to keep going this direction for now.

edit: I just realized I was looking in the wrong place (at the top of the config) for the "leeching energy shield" box. It is lower down in the other section. Now I've looked at the difference of only having one of the two boxes checked, and I will have to reconsider.

edit 2: So I compared the average of leeching and non-leeching states with EL with just using CD, and it looks to me as though you need a pretty high uptime of EO with CD to make up the difference. Could be pretty close for some, but my EO uptime with CD is poor, so for now I'm going to stick with ES because it feels better in game, and I haven't even finished leveling that gem yet.

Last edited by shrunn57 on Jan 19, 2020, 12:34:16 PM
"
shrunn57 wrote:
"

First, there is no check box about leeching energy shield. If PoB always assumes you are leeching in its calc, then PoB is fooling us a bit. If it is truly double dipping on the presumably alternating states, then I may reconsider.

However, the gain from Elemental Overload is enormous. With CD I was seeing EO only occasionally, but with EL it is up nearly 100%. This is a gain of more than 20% itself. In addition, when leeching ES the difference between CD and EL is much smaller, yet the EO advantage continues.

Here is a PoB modified from Kelvynn's that shows more damage and more energy shield from a few changes: https://pastebin.com/dhWW7B5D

The above has about 66k per hit and 11k ES. Things can be balanced for more damage or more ES, but the above gets some of both.

Everyone can play this the way they like it, but the improvement in PoB as well as the better feel in game is even more striking for my cheaper version of the build. I'm going to keep going this direction for now.

edit: I just realized I was looking in the wrong place (at the top of the config) for the "leeching energy shield" box. It is lower down in the other section. Now I've looked at the difference of only having one of the two boxes checked, and I will have to reconsider.

Most of the time you are on full Energy Shield and in this case only the lower Energy Leech multiplier is taken in consideration a.k.a. 25% more damage which is way less than the multiplier Controlled Destruction puts on table.

When you are leeching Energy Shield = You ARE NOT on full energy shield indeed, the multiplier that is taken in consideration is 40% more damage in this case.

And this is your real Shaper DPS with Energy leech in the staff setup: 29.718

With Controlled Destruction it goes up to: 34.941

The correct pastebin code generated from PoB for your simulation:

https://pastebin.com/vk40DVMu

And yeah, Kelvynn's Shaper Average hit value from his pastebin link on the first page is more than double (61k) than your current value, his pastebin code has the correct checks made, yours was calculated for normal mobs and not for Shaper

Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 19, 2020, 12:43:33 PM
"

Both of these assume 100% uptime of EO, which is not realistic. With CD I see maybe 20 or 30% uptime, with EL maybe 90% or more. That swings things in favor of EL, not including the favorable changes to the passive tree which add more.

In addition, I am battling things other than shaper or other high resistance bosses 99.99% of the time, so the no-boss numbers are the relevant ones to me.

Another question: I just encountered an EE map mod, and I don't have any elemental damage on cyclone, but wonder what happens if I arrange that. With both cyclone and icestorm hitting constantly, I'm not sure how it plays out. Has anyone played with that?

"
shrunn57 wrote:
"

Both of these assume 100% uptime of EO, which is not realistic. With CD I see maybe 20 or 30% uptime, with EL maybe 90% or more. That swings things in favor of EL, not including the favorable changes to the passive tree which add more.

In addition, I am battling things other than shaper or other high resistance bosses 99.99% of the time, so the no-boss numbers are the relevant ones to me.

Another question: I just encountered an EE map mod, and I don't have any elemental damage on cyclone, but wonder what happens if I arrange that. With both cyclone and icestorm hitting constantly, I'm not sure how it plays out. Has anyone played with that?

You anyway have enough damage for everything w/o res so you have to compare damage vs something which can punch back before death. EO 100% uptime is real even with CD, 9% with our amount of hits is fine. About EE - look at cyclone accuracy and attack speed... then remember that you produce like 50-60 icicles per sec...
Any tips for handling legion encounters? I seem to struggle with the time constraints of the encounters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info