[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Interesting build. I wonder, how crucial is the Cyclopean Coil in this? Seems like the life is just a waste. What about a rare belt with a good amount of ES and Int?
"
LordDesdenova wrote:
Interesting build. I wonder, how crucial is the Cyclopean Coil in this? Seems like the life is just a waste. What about a rare belt with a good amount of ES and Int?

we are using it because of the +15% to attributes and no shock/no ignite
Plus the Int coruption if your lucky
"
What is the oil combination for mystic talents

This app tells you what you can get given your oils and the mod you want (e.g., Intelligence) http://darkseer.pythonanywhere.com/
Currently level 88 and I am really having a blast ice dancing around it all. Damage is insane, its tanky and clear speed is totally fine by me. I was really surprised how easy Uber Izaro was, even with the AoE setup.

For end game gear (helm, chest, gloves and boots), is the best way (other than just buying it) with fossils?
"
ZiiimZooon wrote:

For end game gear (helm, chest, gloves and boots), is the best way (other than just buying it) with fossils?

Unless you get very lucky, crafting is always more expensive than just buying the gear judiciously. There are a few exceptions, though.

One, use polymath cards to get an astramentis at a discount, and craft a +30 int notable on it.

Two, here's my chest.

I looked for a chest with a free suffix that was reasonably good otherwise (high ES, int, and one good resist. Thanks, Lillianmarie!) Then I crafted 6% to all attributes on it. Note: make sure overriding an existing suffix craft doesn't cost you ES.

You can get the 6% craft by buying "of Hillock's veil" items on trade for 1c each and unveiling. I only had to unveil 8 chests before I got 6%. Don't know if I was lucky or I have GGG to thank for that.

Third, I will gamble on gloves. I'll get a pair of ilvl 82+ fingerless gloves and use Deafening essence of Spite on them and roll the dice. Note: use Perfect Fossils until you hit 28%+ quality first.
Last edited by Graiaule on Sep 13, 2019, 3:09:10 PM
It was fairly easy to craft good gear before the nerf to Dense fossils but that ship has pretty much sailed. Whether crafted or purchased it takes a while to finally get the best 'gucci' gear but most of it isn't necessary.

An example below:

I probably spent upwards of 30ex on my gear in Synthesis league, but I was trying to see how far I could take the build. And I made most of those funds selling high end ES gear that I crafted with Dense fossils, so I don't know if I'll be able to get the really amazing stuff this league, but I'm sure going to try. :)

"
Woute wrote:
"
- Pantheon: the Brine King is back! We are immune to stun, but taking care of chills and freezes is very nice. Solaris can still be good for crit maps, HoGM and Atziri, but for everything else Briny is excellent. Tukohama or Yugul for the minor god depending on the map - same as usual.

Kelvynn, wouldn't the Inquisitor thingy give us freeze removal with sulphur flask (thanks to consecrated ground) ? I guess it's easier to just have chill and freeze passively, but this could free up Solaris/Lunaris.

Immunity to freeze does not remove existing freeze (when you are frozen when you become immune). You need an anti-freeze flask in any case.

Consecrated ground is great for fighting bosses, but when you are constantly moving forward it doesn't help much, and you can get chilled and frozen a lot while mapping without Briny.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 13, 2019, 5:06:35 PM
And Shaper goes down like a normal boss from first try :) preparing for Uber Elder next!
No special setup, damage sustain is just great when IceStorm is cast by Cyclone!

Spin_On_Ice vs The Shaper
Last edited by lilianmarius on Sep 13, 2019, 6:39:56 PM
Nice stuff Lilian! I didn't hear any audio though...?
"
lilianmarius wrote:
And Shaper goes down like a normal boss from first try :) preparing for Uber Elder next!
No special setup, damage sustain is just great when IceStorm is cast by Cyclone!

Spin_On_Ice vs The Shaper

How did you reach 10k energy shield ?

I am struggling at 6k .

My gear is public and I am only 78...

Does it get better ?
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info