[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Mammoman wrote:
Am I the only one whos Brute Force Solution Jewel is bugged?
I put it on the left side above Devotion and it only gives me 24 intelligence.
I posted it in the bug forum but no responses.

You haven't taken the Str nodes yet, so it doesn't have anything to convert on top of its 24 Int.
"

I played yesterday with a friend who play a summoner. He is totaly chilled in a blight map. he is running arround makest the towers if he has time he summon some guys next tower and so on.
but i dont like this summon thing.
so perhaps they arange the leagues around new classes. Last league melee this league mines and summoner.

The thing kel wrote i cant do. I have no strategie found to kill the big mobs fast enought in a blight map (only tried 2) and normaly after 1 minute or so my pump ist dead.
Also in normal maps there are ranged mobs who kill the pump or mobs that dont follow the strings. How do you manage this problem. With the fire and block strategie that dosent work since they kill the pump from range.

Indeed, summoner and golem builds have a much easier time with Blight since they don't need to spend any time actually killing the enemies. And everybody else has to do work hard. It's a balance issue. Maybe it will be addressed by GGG, maybe not. We'll see what happens after a week or two, when they usually make balance changes.

I still have quite a few ideas to try though. Just sucks that the blight maps are so rare, can only try once a while. And the regular Blight in maps is too weak to test those ideas on.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 11, 2019, 11:29:10 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Vendetta wrote:
I just don't know how this build will be able to do blighted maps. I mean the damage is there but having to spin for 0.3 seconds to get it going is a huge thing in blighted maps.

That's unlikely to be a big issue. Icestorm is not an instant damage skill, it does its damage over time and to everything in an area. It would have been a problem if the enemies were coming 1 by 1 with high speed. But since you need to kill slow moving packs, Icestorm is fine.

I did my first blight map today got an exalt drop but the thing is I do not know exactly how we are supposed to clear the whole encounter. Bosses die so hard even when you have empower tower on you...And they keep on coming from every damn part it's frankly stupid.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Vendetta wrote:
I did my first blight map today got an exalt drop but the thing is I do not know exactly how we are supposed to clear the whole encounter. Bosses die so hard even when you have empower tower on you...And they keep on coming from every damn part it's frankly stupid.

You are not supposed to clear everything, just last 5 minutes. It looked much less stressful in my 2nd map with a couple of choke point clusters taking care of most trash, until I panicked. Bosses have a lot of life, but apparently there are also early warnings about them coming, something on the map.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Mammoman wrote:
Am I the only one whos Brute Force Solution Jewel is bugged?
I put it on the left side above Devotion and it only gives me 24 intelligence.
I posted it in the bug forum but no responses.

You haven't taken the Str nodes yet, so it doesn't have anything to convert on top of its 24 Int.

Oh, lol I forgot it doesn't give unallocated nodes! Derp. Thanks!
This dropped directly from a Blight chest 6 linked lol :)

Nice! Best I'd had so far is a Div card I sold for 55 chaos. :)
Third time's the charm! I got the strategy down now, still working on staying focused.

New video: First Blighted map win

I'm going with the Flamethrower towers. They do nice area damage, and most importantly, they are not countered by the proximity shields. I anointed both rings with Flamethrower damage which is very cheap. Each Flamethrower is supported by a simple Lightning tower to create shocking ground and a lv 3 Buff tower. They kill even fire resistant enemies. I add extra Flamethrowers at major intersections.

I also put up some cheap Minion towers, but I don't focus on them. And I built a Stone Gaze tower near the pump as the last line of defense.

Cold towers proved to be a total disappointment, and I'm not using them at all. The low level ones only hit a limited number of enemies, and the Glacial Cage fails to hold the goat bosses - they jump out of them!

The final piece that made it work for me was using cheap oils on the map: 1x that increases tower damage and 2x that lower the prices. Having the first couple of choke points built faster is very important. Increased pack size is not a problem since Flamethrowers do area damage and burn all trash easily.

My only remaining problem is detecting the bosses before it's too late. They are currently very hard to see. Their large golden dots on the mini map blend in with small golden dots representing the paths, so they are harder to see than the regular trash mobs (red dots). Hopefully GGG makes them easier to notice.

P.S. Just did 2 more blighted maps. No problems at all. Practice makes perfect! Using a bit more Stone Gaze towers, they are amazing at slowing down bosses.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 12, 2019, 5:33:23 AM
Kelvynn.I killed everyone.what am I supposed to do? lag really these cards....
Last edited by SnowBerry1984 on Sep 12, 2019, 5:43:23 AM
"
SnowBerry1984 wrote:
Kelvynn.I killed everyone.what am I supposed to do? lag really these cards....

Sorry, but wtf?
I can conclude that you use google-translate or something similar, and not gonna whine about it. But this literally indecipherable.

Almost looks like "confession about murder" lol

"Killed everyone"? Who exactly? Bandits? Probably not. All content? I doubt it, or else you wouldn't ask it here. Can't understand.

"Lag really these cards"? Cards=maps? Blight maps lags too much? That's the usual for everyone, even server can't handle it, so you can't do anything about it anyway.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Sep 12, 2019, 12:06:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info