[3.9] Aziire's Venom Gyre Assassin - Dodge & Freeze Everything!

I've another question through my journey, is herald of agony worth it with this build ?
For this build I would say it isn't. I'm personally not a fan of Herald of Agony, and because we aren't scaling Poison it isn't really worth having on. If you were doing an alternate Venom Gyre where you scale Poison (like most builds will) then Herald of Agony would be a perfect fit.
Anyone else having problems with bosses? They do go down, but it's not fast. At all. I've only done t2 maps and I fear what will happen at yellow and red maps.

Clearspeed is no problem, but as soon as there's only one target the DPS becomes quite low.

We should be able to free up some gem slots, perhaps a 4L for single target damage? Anyone got any ideas?
Yea , the boss dps is pretty potato . Even rare mobs are a problem so far.
I've not run into any problems personally, although I have been fairly on top of upgrading gear often. an Ancestral Protector Setup would help single target DPS heaps, I have links in the Gem Link Section. It'd be hard to slot in as it is 3 Reds, you could easily go Vaal Double Strike aswell which would be easier with 1G 2R.

Making sure to use your Whirling Blades soon after hitting 30 Blades is also a Key part of the playstyle, heaps burst them down a bit quicker.
Last edited by AziiRe on Sep 7, 2019, 6:48:55 PM
Have you considered linking fortify to whirling blades? You have one gem slot left and it's free damage reduction
Speaking of ancestral protector, you have multistrike listed as a link there, but multistrike description states that it cannot support totems.

Gonna use PoB to find what's the best gem to support it with instead of multistrike.
@xenex46

I didn't even think, especially with how often we use Whirling Blades this should have been a no brainer. Will definitely use this, and I'll update the build to reflect this in a bit.

@tehddonno

I'm a pepega. Ruthless is the next best option after Elemental Damage with Attacks, not sure why I keep slotting in Multistrike when it can't even be used. I stupidly tried to use Multistrike with Venom Gyre from Act 5 to 9, what a waste hahaha.
Venom gyre is causing disconnections :(
I haven't run into any connection issues, although I have heard of heaps of people having them in general. A lot of disconnects from Blighted Maps etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info