[3.9] Aziire's Venom Gyre Assassin - Dodge & Freeze Everything!

How does the conversion work? With the gem converting 50% to poison, how much gets converted to cold? I see 90% total cold conversion between gloves and tree, but wasn't sure how that worked with the gem already converting to poison. Does it get split between the two? Sorry if it's a stupid question. I haven't played any builds like this before.
For anyone reading the forum and getting hyped for League Start I got some fresh tips. Early on we can get some really nice additional stats thanks to Oils.

A combination of Amber Oil + Amber Oil + Verdant Oil = Quickstep
This gives us 6% Increased Attack Speed, and 4% Increased Movement Speed.
While levelling this will be a really nice addition, and the Oils required for them should be available practically from League Start.

For Gem Links to use while Levelling a combination of Cobra Lash, Onslaught and Lesser Multiple Projectiles will help us speedy gonzales through the first few acts. Good luck everyone and I'll make sure to keep the forum updated, and will post a nice Gameplay video to showcase Venom Gyre 12 hours from now once we are properly in maps and have a better understanding of Blight.
@Severinze

It's not a stupid question. The Gem conversion takes priority so we will always have 50% Chaos first, then thanks to our other conversions we will also have 50% Cold. Perfect balance of Freeze and just flat chaos damage to roll through the mobs. We can probably save some points on the tree, we won't need Winter Spirit if we have Hrimsorrow's, but we will see how we go during the league and once we are in maps.
I am enjoying this build so far as my league starter, interested to see how it goes once I reach maps, Thanks for the guide!
Is there some tips on leveling with this guide. I'm starting to struggle near the end of Act 3. Mobs are taking a lot to kill. Should I not be using Venom Gyre until later on and switch back to Cobra Lash?
"
Racapes wrote:
Is there some tips on leveling with this guide. I'm starting to struggle near the end of Act 3. Mobs are taking a lot to kill. Should I not be using Venom Gyre until later on and switch back to Cobra Lash?

You definitely don’t wanna use venom gyre until you get GMP from a4. It just doesn’t work before then. Cobra lash is really great until then tho.
Yeah I didn't switch to Venom Gyre until Act 5. GMP and Fork feel amazing together, when you have a 4L the switch is really nice with Venom Gyre > GMP > Fork > Nightblade. Cobra falls off around Act 5 as well so it is a good transition.

Venom Gyre can feel a little awkward at first because we don't use pierce, however with an aggressive playstyle in combination with Whirling Blades it is pretty neat.
Hello,

I realy want to play your build but i fear your low life pool and i don't know how you get so much dodge when i look PoB you dont have so much block chance / spell block chance as you say in your build.

i dont want to be a glass canon but i realy want to play this because i think its so much fun than the other build i choise, i dont know what to do can you explain me if your build can go to uber elder (my objective this league) ?

sorry for my bad english.
I'm not sure about Uber Elder, I have never done him myself either. I'll explain the dodge though. At the moment Path of Building isn't calculating Elusive, as it is a new buff that he hasn't got working within the program yet. Through Elusive we get 30% Attack and Spell Dodge, and while it decays we re apply it the moment it drops.
Thx for you guide ! Can you add gem setup to use until it's optimal to use Venom Gyre ?
Currently i've Cobra Lash with LMP and Onslaught, is it right ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info