[3.9] Aziire's Venom Gyre Assassin - Dodge & Freeze Everything!

@scorflex

Yep, I used Cobra Lash with LMP, Onslaught and Nightblade if you have a 4L.
atm im lvl 53, using a 4L with gyre, nightblade, gmp and fork and it feels abit... underwhelming to be honest, im playin with a friend who went for a necromancer build and he's been doing consistantly better.

Not to mention, this build dosent seem to be great for this league main mechanic if it splits 4-ways.

Anyhow, will keep going for now, see how it holds up later.
At first it feels a little meh, cause it feels like you are just slapping the front row of mobs. Once you start to get used to it and wildly alternate between Venom Gyre and Whirling blades it feels better.

For the league mechanic it can be a bit awkward, find a tower you like though and learn to play with that. It makes a world of difference. I personally level the Minion tower to Level 4 and pick the Scout Tower, and they go to town. I don't get any other towers and that one can carry alongside me attacking.
Currently chugging my way through act II. I added Pierce to VG, and it feels much smoother.
Currently lvl 76 4L venom gyre+GMP+fork+nightblade.
Hatred is useless since chaos is converted first just like winter spirit and I have hrimsorrow. Currently using herald of agony instead of hatred.

If 50% is converted to chaos first and after 50% to cold with hrimsorrow, hatred is useless and winter spirit too. I don't think venom gyre is the right skill to go cold with elusive but it feels really good tho.

Plus yes we don't have a lot of hp like you said because we have elusive buff that gives a lot of dodge but it doesn't always give 100% of it even if we have 100% uptime.

There's some change to be made on that build.
@xfreeza

Hatred isn't quite useless, as it doesn't convert any damage it is just Physical Damage as Extra Cold. You still get this as it is taking from our Physical Damage pre conversion. You are right about the other two though. I opted to used Winter Spirit and I am running with gloves that have some conversion on them, to make up for the 10% Winter Spirit misses. Or you could do the opposite and run with Hrimsorrow and save 3 passive points. These were things I overlooked as I wasn't working with the Venom Gyre gem in PoB and forgot about the 50% Chaos Conversion Priority.

Our Elusive buff decays from 150% to 0%, I feel like anywhere above the 50% range is still really good defensively, and all the way down to 1% it is good offensively (thanks to 20% Increased Attack Speed due to Mistwalker).

I also just hit Level 76, and the build is having no problems for me unless I pull a full pepega and do things like open Unid'd Strongboxes and get Frozen to death (I just did).
Personally doing a more traditional version of this without converting (just going for poison stacking mostly) and it feels much better with pierce in the tree. Also you could farm oils to get the piercing shots notable on an amulet if you wanted to save the points.
@Thisisnotsully

For sure Pierce is a great option, more so for poison. If I was playing Poison I would definitely take it so I can get my shit stacked up on as many mobs as possible. We are lucky that if we kill one mob Herald of Ice shatters will blow up the next. I plan to use other notable on the Amulet but it might be worth testing out the Pierce.
Hey there ;)

Started this league with your build and i must say it's very fun :)
Still only 55, but breezing thru the acts :) I'm running 4l with Gyre-GMP-Vicious-WED and stuff just melts :)

One question tho -> why aren't u using Plague Bearer? It's not something special but it's decent boost (for the cost of 1 socket) against tougher targets :) And one more..wouldn't Ambush and Assassinate ascendancy provide more raw dps than deadly infusion? :)

Haven't played assassin for ages so just a few thoughts :)

And once again, Thank You for sharing this build :) that's exactly what i was looking for ;)

Edit: if any1 wanna take a look here's my stuff currently
Spoiler

Wicked_Clown
Last edited by DjPapaz on Sep 7, 2019, 12:53:21 PM
They probably do, however I just didn't look into ways of scaling Chaos/Poison damage at all. I usually have to go in on one thing otherwise I get too distracted and never really pull a build idea together. Once Path of Building updates I'll definitely have a look though.

Heading to sleep for now, been up for 24 hours for the League launch editing guides, videos and playing for 16 hours. Hopefully PoB is updated within 8 hours so we can go full number crunch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info