3.8| Stress Free PoE - TRIGGER HAPPY |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

Hey Everyone!

Spoiler
"
topcheese13 wrote:
Spoiler
hey Wrecker_of_Days, thanks for the quick reply. Already doing alched T10s, I'm level 76 now.

Only having one issue, blight encounters are tough to complete, I don't output enough damage to clear the mobs. Any tips or pointers?

Got about 1ex invested in the build so not much. Here is the pastebin: https://pastebin.com/eakwUgz3.

Thank you again!
"
Korpivaellus wrote:
Spoiler
Good build i just run first lab at lvl 29.Just because it was allready open and want to see how this build works.
No problem at all.
I choose
to save few points and get hits can't be evaded pretty early.
"
paulin wrote:
Spoiler
i was just about to post that same question. I'm having trouble with blight encounters also.

Other than that, great build, lots of fun
"
topcheese13 wrote:
Spoiler
Up to level 83, still having same issue, specially when paths to the pump are coming from more than 1 direction. Maybe this is a melee problem and not a build related problem.
"
Korpivaellus wrote:
Spoiler
I also noticed that blight encouters are problem if there is 3 or more branch.
BTW does carcas jack work in this build? area dmg and area effect...
"
paulin wrote:
Spoiler
I'm doing cyclone, because I liked it better, with chance to bleed on the counter attacks, and I'm not sure, but it seems to me that most of my damage comes from countering stuff, and blight monsters don't seem to want to hit me most of the time.

Thanks everyone for such kind words and praise. I'm glad you're all liking the build and I'm sorry it's not perfect for Blight.

Also, thanks for your patience with this response (busy weekend). I primarily play on Standard. I don't really enjoy levelling often, doing trials, or focusing on Challenges. So as a result, I don't design or change my builds/guides to revolve around the constantly changing (every 13 weeks) league mechanics. I just update them to be the way I like to play them with the new gems and passive tree each expansion. But you all bring up a good point. I should make sure to point out that my builds aren't designed specifically for new league mechanics. This build also didn't thrive with 3.7's league mechanics as monsters were frozen in time not attacking us either. It's too bad that not every league can nicely incorporate all gameplay mechanics. That being said, I don't think they can do anything different. It's just how it goes :(.

BUT more importantly, let's deal with the now. In regards to Blight and the never-ending waves of high-life enemies, a few good points were brought up. Our Trigger skills are REALLY strong, but they only work if we're hit. And Blight Monsters rarely care about us. Jonathan with GGG said that the monsters aren't designed to care about you, just the Pulsing thing. Now out of my 5 guides, I'm finding that only my minion build can clear Blight maps easily. The other 4 find it more difficult. It seems to be a minion league...But that is part of the design of the league in a way...GGG wanted us to be highly dependant on using the correct towers in strategic locations. So the league isn't meant to ignore towers unless you have the most epic of items.

I doubt anyone is ignoring towers though, so one suggestion that I have is focus on the closest choke points to the pulsing tower thing (3 choke points at the most) and upgrade them with cold. Then select the final option that keeps the enemies trapped for a duration. Specifically, with the build, stay in Blood Stance; ignore its bonuses and just go for the damage output.

Honestly, there isn't too much that can change with the build that doesn't change the core mechanics of the build. It'd require a large Gem and Tree re-work. I think we're just at the mercy of a second league in a row where the main mechanic of the league doesn't have enemies that attack us...and that sucks for blocking, CwDT, and any other type of "reaction" build idea.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer that can help you crush Blighted Maps. I didn't really give you anything you haven't already known or tried.

Thanks for helping each other out and being so kind. If you stick with the build, let us know what you do for the Blighted Maps.

Thanks and sorry,

Wrecker.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Well maybe not best in blight but still great build.
Fun to play and i even manage do blight encounter which branch 4 different directions.
Still levelling but anyway...
I switch melee phys dmg to ruthles that feels better option.
Last edited by Korpivaellus on Oct 2, 2019, 12:46:53 PM
"
Korpivaellus wrote:
Well maybe not best in blight but still great build.
Fun to play and i even manage do blight encounter which branch 4 different directions.
Still levelling but anyway...
I switch melee phys dmg to ruthles that feels better option.
Thanks Korpivaellus. I appreciate it. I LOVE the build. It's too bad that leagues can be pretty excluding sometimes. But hey, that's one reason I like Standard.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Yeah, Blight is pretty bad for a build like this, since it relies on either insta-gibbing large packs or being able to deal continuous damage even when not actively attacking, so that you can go build towers without losing too much ground.

I still like the build though, and look forward to slowly pushing it to higher maps. I'm playing almost entirely solo self-found (I did buy a five link armour just for the power spike), and I'm currently saving up for a The Surrender shield.

I'm also planning to try out Blade Flurry in the build as soon as I have the gem levelled. My guess is that single target should be better, but clear speed might go down a bit since it doesn't cover as large an area.
"
Limbs wrote:
Yeah, Blight is pretty bad for a build like this, since it relies on either insta-gibbing large packs or being able to deal continuous damage even when not actively attacking, so that you can go build towers without losing too much ground.

I still like the build though, and look forward to slowly pushing it to higher maps. I'm playing almost entirely solo self-found (I did buy a five link armour just for the power spike), and I'm currently saving up for a The Surrender shield.

I'm also planning to try out Blade Flurry in the build as soon as I have the gem levelled. My guess is that single target should be better, but clear speed might go down a bit since it doesn't cover as large an area.
Nice. I'm glad you like it Limbs. It's nice to save for something. Especially as it gets cheaper as the league goes on.

I prefer the SSF life as well (though I do love selling). Let us know how Blade Flurry goes!

Annnnnd

Well I rolled out my facebreaker version of this in standard today and the kill speed is definitely lower than previous but it is still a pretty fail-safe build tbh just blasted through a t14 map to test it on Duelistic_shugo and was still a breeze to literally smash through everything in site

does it have the kill speed and area clear of zombies? nope but then zombies are simply OP this league (as was to be expected) but this build is 100% solid against all content with very little chance of being killed by anything

so thanks Wrecker, the build is still fantastic :)
~ If it moves, kill it ~
Last edited by 0nyX on Oct 5, 2019, 6:06:22 PM
"
0nyX wrote:
Well I rolled out my facebreaker version of this in standard today and the kill speed is definitely lower than previous but it is still a pretty fail-safe build tbh just blasted through a t14 map to test it on Duelistic_shugo and was still a breeze to literally smash through everything in site

does it have the kill speed and area clear of zombies? nope but then zombies are simply OP this league (as was to be expected) but this build is 100% solid against all content with very little chance of being killed by anything

Hey 0nyX,

Thanks for the post. Ya, if you kept Cyclone, the damage will vary from the previous league. They changed where the damage scales from. Do you still like how the Facebreaker works with the build?

Thanks for such a kind post. I appreciate your encouragement. I'm glad you're still enjoying it.

Annnnnd

"
"
0nyX wrote:

Hey 0nyX,

Thanks for the post. Ya, if you kept Cyclone, the damage will vary from the previous league. They changed where the damage scales from. Do you still like how the Facebreaker works with the build?

Thanks for such a kind post. I appreciate your encouragement. I'm glad you're still enjoying it.

I do like facebreaker because in prev league they had a base radius of 6, in 3.8 that expanded to 11 :) as all my gear was based around cyclone from last league I just kept using it and just thought "let's jump into a t14 map to test it out" I still never stop in a pack of mobs just mow through them it's just noticeable that they are alive for about 1 second rather than insta-gib, I have reasonable gear but nothing OP so to me it proves that the build is solid without spending xx ex's on gear :)
~ If it moves, kill it ~
Apologies if this has been asked, but need some expert advice here. I'm playing on a console, so lag etc isn't as much a concern. So, I've opted to go with a standard shield charge setup in place of tempest shield, culling, etc.

Question is: if I'm getting fortify from shield charge, is there another support I should swap in the bladestorm setup? I see in addition to the fortify buff, it's adding a % damage increase to ailments, which I assume scales up the bleeding damage. Still wondering if there's something more beneficial if you don't need the main skill to proc fort for the passives.

Thanks in advance! I've been meaning to try this build for a bit and don't have Xbox live, so everything on my console account is SSF. This build seemed good for solo, and I'm not disappointed. Great work!
"
MalaikatMaut wrote:
Apologies if this has been asked, but need some expert advice here. I'm playing on a console, so lag etc isn't as much a concern. So, I've opted to go with a standard shield charge setup in place of tempest shield, culling, etc.

Question is: if I'm getting fortify from shield charge, is there another support I should swap in the bladestorm setup? I see in addition to the fortify buff, it's adding a % damage increase to ailments, which I assume scales up the bleeding damage. Still wondering if there's something more beneficial if you don't need the main skill to proc fort for the passives.

Thanks in advance! I've been meaning to try this build for a bit and don't have Xbox live, so everything on my console account is SSF. This build seemed good for solo, and I'm not disappointed. Great work!
Hey MalaikatMaut,

Thank you! You're very kind. I hope you enjoy it as you progress.

Good question. Brutality, Concentrated Effect, and Ruthless deal more damage than Fortify as far as I can tell. All three come with some pretty big consequences though. So pick those out of preference. Pulverize and Fortify kinda to the same damage for this build, so consider Pulverize as well.

Good question and thanks for the encouragement!

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info