3.8| Stress Free PoE - TRIGGER HAPPY |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

My only problem with the build so far is that when it comes to skill points. I don't know where the priority is early. So if I make a bad decision the champ could feel weaker than it should. Other than that I am at lvl 30 and loving the simplicity so far.
"

Hey walkjohn55! Nice to hear from you. I saw your response in the Slow-Mo Zombie thread. Thanks! And thanks for your further feedback here. Blocking is still the focal point of this build for sure. I'm still in search of the perfect main skill for this build though. I like Cyclone (I'll be using Cyclone for my next guide coming out though) and I, of course, like Bladestorm, but nothing seems perfect yet, you know? Any suggestions? This build would have been 100% Ice Crash if the skill wasn't so bright when I used it. Thought or suggestions?

Also, on topic with your "uncomplicated" comment, do you think adding a "1-button" aspect to the title would be a good idea? Or do you feel the Stress-Free takes care of that?

And as always, thank you very much for your input.

You are welcome. I have not really tried out that many of the Skills and so I do not have any great advice in that regard (in fact, perhaps I should try out Ice Crash since you mentioned it - are the gem links pretty standard for that Skill?). I like Cyclone and the Triggers are nice, but I do not find any real synergy between the two. I really do not tend to thrive where I have to manage offensive and defensive positioning together - so I like the SloMo Build because I can let the offence manage itself (Totems to a lesser extent too) and Cyclone because I'm always on the move. I do not enjoy having to rush about - both Builds allow for more of a stroll through the content. Darting here and getting in a few licks, and then darting there and repeating is not my preference.

I think 1-Button can be a possible aspect of "Stress-Free" that some Players might be looking for (but I do not know how many). If there is room, I would try putting in a reference. I find one of the big attractions of your Builds is that you deliver as advertised (some People's idea of "inexpensive" for example seems to involve a lot more exalts than I would have thought). So I'm not sure if I have much in the way of advice for the titles, but I will say that I think you that should maintain your "Brand" as it currently stands.
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
"

Hey Einherjer616. I really appreciate you taking the time to be so encouraging. I'm sorry for all you've gone through. It's funny isn't it...how even though such traumatic events in life seem like they'd be our greatest struggle as time goes on, but as we get used to the impact of the event, it's still the things we struggled with prior to the trauma that are still our greatest struggles. I'm glad you haven't given up and keep your eyes open for ways to do things you still long to do.

Thank you for the encouragement. I hope you're doing well. As someone who seems to need the 1-button layout, do you have any ideas or suggestions for the guide or build?

Thanks to thumb-buttons I can handle a 3 button-layout easily. ;)
Just startet with that build, so far going smoothly through the monster hordes. Only wanted to thank and tell you that your builds are very appreciated.

Cheers
"
"
CyloJr wrote:
Spoiler
My only problem with the build so far is that when it comes to skill points. I don't know where the priority is early. So if I make a bad decision the champ could feel weaker than it should. Other than that I am at lvl 30 and loving the simplicity so far.
Hey CyloJr,

I'm glad you're liking the build and thanks for the honesty. There really isn't a wrong way to go on the tree. All the nodes are important and you'll get there eventually. The build doesn't lack damage or defence. Honestly, levelling is really easy with this build because of how good blocking is so just keep your eyes out for a sweet sword as they keep dropping.

I suggest getting the mana leech node if you don't have it already. So to make it stress-free, try this, get all the south nodes first. Then all of the west nodes (aiming for Resolute Technique). Then all the easy nodes. You'll find it works really well.

Let us know how it goes.
"
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
Spoiler
You are welcome. I have not really tried out that many of the Skills and so I do not have any great advice in that regard (in fact, perhaps I should try out Ice Crash since you mentioned it - are the gem links pretty standard for that Skill?). I like Cyclone and the Triggers are nice, but I do not find any real synergy between the two. I really do not tend to thrive where I have to manage offensive and defensive positioning together - so I like the SloMo Build because I can let the offence manage itself (Totems to a lesser extent too) and Cyclone because I'm always on the move. I do not enjoy having to rush about - both Builds allow for more of a stroll through the content. Darting here and getting in a few licks, and then darting there and repeating is not my preference.

I think 1-Button can be a possible aspect of "Stress-Free" that some Players might be looking for (but I do not know how many). If there is room, I would try putting in a reference. I find one of the big attractions of your Builds is that you deliver as advertised (some People's idea of "inexpensive" for example seems to involve a lot more exalts than I would have thought). So I'm not sure if I have much in the way of advice for the titles, but I will say that I think you that should maintain your "Brand" as it currently stands.
Awesome. Thanks walkjohn55. I'd love to incorporate one button as well. The character limit is tough. I think I may also move back to simply stating the skills used instead of coming up with a fancy name (though I'll likely keep Trigger Happy and Slow-Mo Zombies as is). We'll see. I appreciate it your feedback.

I was also playing around with some other red AoE skill gems today and it's really tempting to just use a skill that I have to tolerate visually ;). I love Consecrated Path and Ice Crash. It was a lot of fun. I'll have to sit down for a long session and see how they play. But I also want to be able to play them on PC with a mouse as well. But Bladestorm may stay too. Gosh this game :)...too many great options.
"
"
Einherjer616 wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks to thumb-buttons I can handle a 3 button-layout easily. ;)
Just startet with that build, so far going smoothly through the monster hordes. Only wanted to thank and tell you that your builds are very appreciated.

Cheers
Well thank you very much Einherjer616. That's really very kind. I strongly prefer console as well because of how the controller works with the game. Smart Flask is such a great option. I'm glad you're enjoying the game :). (Thanks again :).)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey Everyone!

So, if you're up for it, let me know what you think of Bladestorm. I really like the skill but I really like lots of other AoE skills too. Though Bladestorm is a great fit for this build, I'm curious if there are other skills that you think you'd prefer to have (or are using instead of) with this build. A couple of things to keep in mind if you're going to suggest any skills (and please, suggest away!):

- Blocking is still the key focus to the guide, so the skill should be close-quarter combat.
- The skill needs to be able to be used with swords.
- The skill needs to be melee.
- The skill needs to be able to be hit an enemy without perfect aim with a mouse. So skills with AoE are almost a "must". Examples are: Bladestorm leaves the AoE on the ground whether you hit or not. Ice Crash smashes the ground with Ice whether it hits an enemy or not.
- Though I love Consecrated Path and Ice Crash, the skill needs to be able to be used without me getting nauseous.

Give any suggestions you like even if they conflict with the above. I may be able to do something with the skill (or even just buy a skin for the skill) that makes it playable for me (and others).

Also, if you love Bladestorm, let me know too!

I hope everyone is enjoying the build. I really like this character...A LOT.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey there,

I decided to roll every WoD build (except the scion one I think) and made this one to lvl 65ish already. I believe it is a very clever build as is. I really didn't like Bladestorm at first, but once it got a little attackspeed, onslaught and berserk it started to shine.

I will try the other skills for sure, but I have a question. Does beeding trigger from elemental damage part of skills like Ice Crash, or just the physical part? It might be important to stay purely on phys if bleeding is huge part of this build though.
"
mitbanomen wrote:
Spoiler
Hey there,

I decided to roll every WoD build (except the scion one I think) and made this one to lvl 65ish already. I believe it is a very clever build as is. I really didn't like Bladestorm at first, but once it got a little attackspeed, onslaught and berserk it started to shine.

I will try the other skills for sure, but I have a question. Does beeding trigger from elemental damage part of skills like Ice Crash, or just the physical part? It might be important to stay purely on phys if bleeding is huge part of this build though.
It's always a pleasure mitbanomen :). Thank you, as always.

Bleed is only a secondary part of the build. It's not the focus, I just figured this minor addition of Bleed ended up giving us more total damage than any other way I could figure.

Bleed is only impacted by physical damage. So if I was going to go with a different skill, that'd have to be considered for sure. You bring up a good point to remember. I really love Bladestorm though. It works REALLY well once you have the Arena Challenger ascendancy node.

Bleed may not make the next league's build. It may, but it may not. I'll be making another guide shortly (a dodging Raider) that HAS to have swords. I've always had a thing for axes too. So I'm trying to find a way to keep my block chance maxed, use axes, and deal crushing power. So we'll see. I hate changing builds...especially for those people that play standard and then have to go out and get a new weapon when they may have already invested greatly in their current one.

Anyway, thank you very much for your kindness! I'd be up for any suggestions or advice for either my guides or my builds...since you've played so many of them.

Let me know how Trigger Happy progresses!

Edit: My goal is to not require a specific type of melee weapon so people can choose if they wish.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Oct 29, 2019, 10:06:02 PM
I guess you already noticed that I love all of your guides... I'm spreading the information how much fun this duellant is, for example in this thread :)
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
(...) I hate changing builds...especially for those people that play standard and then have to go out and get a new weapon when they may have already invested greatly in their current one.

I found an easy solution to this for myself: I just kept the outdated cyclone-duellant as he was (cos I loved him the way he was) and made a new one for your new version of the guide. So I can enjoy both of them. :)
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
I guess you already noticed that I love all of your guides... I'm spreading the information how much fun this duellant is, for example in this thread :)
Wow! Thank you Caligula_Exile! That's very kind of you! It's great having you around all the message boards! I'm glad you like the builds and please give any feedback for the guides or builds if you think of anything. I personally REALLY like the trigger skills. They were so strong in fact that in 3.8, GGG decreased the amount of base damage each trigger skill did and made them more dependant on a good weapon.

Thanks again. You're very kind.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info