3.8| Stress Free PoE - TRIGGER HAPPY |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

This guide is so well-written, it makes me sad that I don't like Bladestorm. Hopefully I can salvage the character. XD

Yes, I'm a dumb and played to the quest that gives it instead of trying it out on my non-league character. x_x
"
Cash42 wrote:
What an amazing guide. Thank you so much for all of the time and effort you put into this. I'm seriously blown away man.

Thank you!

/Cash
Hey Cash42,

That's a very kind post. Thanks for taking the time to be so encouraging.

"
DR0DIUS wrote:
Thanks for the guide. Decided to reroll my SSF Standard character to this. Just started at lvl 44, wasn't feeling the new league. Going to take it slow and read all the lore.
Hey DR0DIUS,

Awesome! Thanks for trying it out! Let me know what you think. I like the lore in this game.

"
Sadoldgit wrote:
Thanks Wrecker. Really hoped that this would be viable for the new league, so going to start with this character this morning. I only have enough time to play one build a season, so here's hoping that it can go far!
Hey Sadoldgit,

Thanks! I hope you like the changes! I too only really get the time to do one character. Let me know if you have any questions. If you get a sword that can hit hard, you'll fly through the as everything else will take care of itself. Blocking is amazing.

"
gattobarbone wrote:
thanks thanks and thanks a lot, excuse my english use google translator, your guide allowed me to get to level 89, i'll try to overcome it in this league, i only have problems with the new ability. i still used cyclone because i can move better, I have a little problem with one hand. Thanks again for the filter's enhancement. Good game.
Hey gattobarbone,

Thank you very much! I'm glad you like it. I hope you can beat your record :). This build still works great with Cyclone. I have a suggested way to play Cyclone at the bottom of the Gem section...but I forgot one thing that someone else pointed out: remove Bloodlust from the trigger gems.

Sorry Bladestorm doesn't work for you. Do you think Bladestorm would work if you didn't switch Stances?

"
This guide is so well-written, it makes me sad that I don't like Bladestorm. Hopefully I can salvage the character. XD

Yes, I'm a dumb and played to the quest that gives it instead of trying it out on my non-league character. x_x
Hey PhotriusPyrelus,

Thank you very much. I'm sorry you don't like the skill. What don't you like about Bladestorm? Did you see the Cyclone paragraph at the bottom of the Gem Links section?
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
hey im going ssf hc with this, last leauge had fun times, but the block skills got weak this patch or the notes wont bother the build to work almost the same?
"
Abysm92 wrote:
hey im going ssf hc with this, last leauge had fun times, but the block skills got weak this patch or the notes wont bother the build to work almost the same?
Hey Abysm92,

The trigger skills got the same kinda balance changes as Cyclone. They really dropped the base damage but really increased the damage effectiveness. So Their damage now is more dependant on your weapon, that's all. But even prior to the changes, the Trigger skills were just bonus damage anyway. Our main skill will deal lots of damage. But I don't think you'll notice much a difference once your gear is set.

Good for you going SSF HC!

(Does that answer your question?)

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Succesfully completed the first lab (at lvl 39 :P)
Izaro was a walk in the park even with my crappy gear.

Character Name: UglyKuarts
Hello Wrecker, I hope to be able to explain myself. I have a problem with my hand, the middle ring finger and the little finger do not respond properly, so I use my index finger to move and to attack, cyclone allows me to move and fight simultaneously with just one button (I tried different pointing devices but .....) one thing more than excellent.Bladestorm visually and 'excellent, but I have to do too many movements with my fingers.I can ask you a question? In the tree of skills,' I have to put Vaal Pact that removes the regenerating effect, Golem Blood from regeneration. What I don't understand about this? Thanks and good game
Hello,

I used your guide last league to make what I consider one of the best builds I've played to date. I have usually never progressed into red maps, and last league with this build, I made it all the way to killing shaper and elder for the first time, as well as the guardians. And killing them all easily.

The build I ended up with is here : https://pastebin.com/ncG0zM9C - it's not optimized, it doesn't have some of the nice things like the right head enchant and some other pieces and it could always be tweaked, but it was super fun and super effective. One of the best changes I made was the shield with a level 30 rekoning on it, and the chest with -15 mana, basically made cyclone free.

This season I am following your guide again, however substituting impale for bleed. I'm a bit stuck though, it's not feeling like it did last season and I have a couple of questions/comments.

I notice you don't use movement skills? I like leap slam typically. It wasn't an issue with cyclone, but with bladestorm and no movement, I am feeling terribly clunky. I've picked up using frost blades as a clearing skill because clearing packs with the tiny blade storm AOE and no "explosions" etc feels very strange. So right now I am clearing packs with FB and then leapslamming to the bigger enemies and bladestorming them down (pretty quickly).

Is this clunkyness of bladestorm something that gear/passives/gems makes go away later? Or is this slower no movement/bladestorm mechanic just something you accept because of the way you play?

Also, thoughts on Impale vs Bleed? PoB doesn't support Impale, but the math I read online basically says that Impale is ~ a 100% damage increase when you have 100% chance. Between the banner and the nodes you hit the 100%. I felt it was very effective with cyclone because of the attack speed, but I am not 100% sure between Impale or Bleed for bladestorm.

Moving to impale free's up the 3 bloodlust sockets for other things too such as brutality or even taking those sockets and doing a cast on damage taken setup or something. I might experiment with this.

Bladestorm can use multistrike, have you experimented with it at all ?

Keep up the good work :)
"
maxiperez wrote:
Succesfully completed the first lab (at lvl 39 :P)
Izaro was a walk in the park even with my crappy gear.

Character Name: UglyKuarts
Awesome! Great job!

"
gattobarbone wrote:
Hello Wrecker, I hope to be able to explain myself. I have a problem with my hand, the middle ring finger and the little finger do not respond properly, so I use my index finger to move and to attack, cyclone allows me to move and fight simultaneously with just one button (I tried different pointing devices but .....) one thing more than excellent.Bladestorm visually and 'excellent, but I have to do too many movements with my fingers.I can ask you a question? In the tree of skills,' I have to put Vaal Pact that removes the regenerating effect, Golem Blood from regeneration. What I don't understand about this? Thanks and good game
Ah. I see. So is Cyclone really working well for you? I'll have a 6th and final guide coming out for 3.9 (I hope) that will be Cyclone.

You are correct that Vaal Pact removes the Life Regen from Golem's Blood. But Golem's Blood still gives us a huge 10% to maximum life.

Good observation. Ask anything you like as it comes up.

"
Ironhide75 wrote:
Spoiler
Hello,

I used your guide last league to make what I consider one of the best builds I've played to date. I have usually never progressed into red maps, and last league with this build, I made it all the way to killing shaper and elder for the first time, as well as the guardians. And killing them all easily.

The build I ended up with is here : https://pastebin.com/ncG0zM9C - it's not optimized, it doesn't have some of the nice things like the right head enchant and some other pieces and it could always be tweaked, but it was super fun and super effective. One of the best changes I made was the shield with a level 30 rekoning on it, and the chest with -15 mana, basically made cyclone free.

This season I am following your guide again, however substituting impale for bleed. I'm a bit stuck though, it's not feeling like it did last season and I have a couple of questions/comments.

I notice you don't use movement skills? I like leap slam typically. It wasn't an issue with cyclone, but with bladestorm and no movement, I am feeling terribly clunky. I've picked up using frost blades as a clearing skill because clearing packs with the tiny blade storm AOE and no "explosions" etc feels very strange. So right now I am clearing packs with FB and then leapslamming to the bigger enemies and bladestorming them down (pretty quickly).

Is this clunkyness of bladestorm something that gear/passives/gems makes go away later? Or is this slower no movement/bladestorm mechanic just something you accept because of the way you play?

Also, thoughts on Impale vs Bleed? PoB doesn't support Impale, but the math I read online basically says that Impale is ~ a 100% damage increase when you have 100% chance. Between the banner and the nodes you hit the 100%. I felt it was very effective with cyclone because of the attack speed, but I am not 100% sure between Impale or Bleed for bladestorm.

Moving to impale free's up the 3 bloodlust sockets for other things too such as brutality or even taking those sockets and doing a cast on damage taken setup or something. I might experiment with this.

Bladestorm can use multistrike, have you experimented with it at all ?

Keep up the good work :)
Hey Ironhide75,

Thank you so very much! Congrats on beating the Atlas! That's such a good feeling hey? Good for you. Impale is awesome. So are bleeding enemies. I don't think there is a wrong answer there. This game is getting to be so well balanced that min/maxing is almost pointless. You can essentially pick what you like, and be successful with it...which is awesome. I make all of my builds without PoB. I just put pastebins out there for those that use it. My point is, use what you like :). But as you said, make sure you make the changes out of bleed if you are going that route.

I haven't touched the new multistrike, no. I didn't consider it with Bladestorm cause I didn't want the storms to reset too quickly. That being said, I don't know if it'd be an issue either. But the build hits fast enough for me already.

Thanks for the thanks and great questions!

Annnnnd

Hey Wrecker,I just wanted to ask why you are using Bladestorm and what do you think of Perforate or Lacerate instead?

Anyway great guide and a very fun build, thanks a lot! :)
Just a quick update. Completed Act 7 yesterday evening, level 58 and cruel lab done very easily.
So far progress has been on a 4 link chest and a mishmash of odd gems, still waiting for good gloves and shield. However build is sufficiently tanky for now.
It seems like I've picked up more alcs and chaos whilst progressing this league, which feels positive. Is this just me?
In terms of the guide, the 3 blue socket item for Pride, Flesh & Stone and Blood & Sand doesn't need to be linked, I think, so may be worth pointing out.
It will be interesting to hear how anyone gets one with The Surrender, so anyone tried yet?
There are so many good options on the passive tree it's hard to know which way to go. Is the recommended mana leech node the one down below Vaa Pact? Feels needed if running P, F&S, B&S I think.
As for the comments regarding Bladestorm it's definitely far clunkier that Cyclone last season. Cyclone was breeze with its movement capacity and therefore felt smoother and quicker to clear.
Overall it simply feels like a six link chest and a good weapon can take this build really far, so here's hoping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info