3.8| Stress Free PoE - DEADITOR, "EH"? |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
To me, it looks interesting. Is the phasing part of the build or just a result from using the flasks?

I haven't played a lot of Shadows, it would be a welcome opportunity to do so.

Thank you very much for sharing the video.
Hey Caligula_Exile :).

The phasing from the CA build is...I forget...hang on. I'd totally re-do the tree and such. It's from 3.5 or 3.6. But currently, the phasing is from the three nodes leading to Freedom of Movement at the south of the tree. It's a total of 30% chance on kill to Phase. The build has enough movement speed that I'd likely use a Quartz flask as my escape flask anyway.

The thing that I've been thinking about for a long time (since I wrote the EH guide) is that I can play CA on the PC. Currently, the only guide I can't play on PC is this EH one. So, hopefully life provides me with some good time and health to just sit down and write two guides. YIKES!

Here's the thing...wouldn't it be great to have an "aura bot" that didn't require specific gear? I mean, it'd be 4 or 5 auras at most...but wouldn't that be fun? Oh hum...the ideas that keep me from starting typing...

I'm glad the video was helpful. Thanks for the post, as always :).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Thanks for the link! Looks really good to me! It's using caustic arrow as a main skill so probably going to deal a lot of chaos damage. I'm both a huge DOT and ranged-fan so I would definitely try this one out! Honestly, I can't wait to see whatever you're gonna come up with next. ^^

As for the EH, I've been playing a few maps yesterday to see if I was experiencing the same zero-damage-hits as you are with this build but I have to admit that for me everything seemed to be normal. Sorry I can't be of any more help here.
Well PrincessOfAsgard, at least you liked the video of the replacement of the Scion build you really liked. That's a positive. I'm sorry to be getting rid of it :(.

I appreciate your encouragement for me and my content. I'm glad you haven't been encountering any issues. It was likely just me, but I unfortunately have to revolve around how I play (and how it affects me).

As always, thank you very much :).

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
SamothD, that is a wonderfully kind post. Thank you for taking the time to be encouraging :). I really appreciate it.

Hey, you're very welcome. :)

OK, so I was playing around with the skilltree, and this is what I thought:

THE ASCENDANCY CHOICE
That crit multi of the Inquisitor Ascendancy sure is nice, and so is 6% resistance penetration. Then again, especially the latter is easy to get from the tree as well. What else? Consecrated ground. The problem is that this is stationary, and I don't see myself just standing my ground and hacking away at an enemy with an evasion-based bow character.

The increased damage to nearby enemies was a similar thing: Do I even want to be nearby enemies with an evasion-based, physically vulnerable ranged character?

Well, Juggernaut also seemed to be interesting. Since we don't have physical mitigation, stun immunity might be nice to ensure we can keep moving. Chill immunity is a nice bonus in the same vein.

What about the endurance charges, though? How to get those for physical mitigation and more damage? And then there are those +1000 to accuracy, which led me to the next issue...

ACCURACY
As a dexterity-based character, accuracy tends to be less problematic in the first place. When you use a popular bow like Lioneye's Glare with "hits cannot be evaded", it becomes a moot point anyway. Even if not - wouldn't those +1000 be far more than necessary? Would they even be of much use?

ITEMS
Finally, I wanted to use this item which I had lying around:

Poacher's Mark would be an interesting curse for this build anyway, so getting it like this seemed tempting. And it would mean I'd generate Frenzy charges without having to use Blood Rage or anything, plus I'd get life and mana back on hit.

Then it occurred to me that I also had this pair of gloves lying around:

It gives us more spell dodge, and it also has an interesting curse, Assassin's Mark. One that would increase crit chance and damage, generate Power charges (which further increase crit chance!) and give life and mana back on kill.

The curse is weaker and cannot apply to hexproof enemies, though.

BUT look at that "increased global accuracy rating" plus "2% crit chance per 200 accuracy"! This would be the way to make use of all that accuracy. Even if I used a "hits cannot be evaded" bow, the accuracy wouldn't go to waste, but would be converted to crit chance, so to speak!

So which item to choose? Using both wouldn't make sense because I'd miss out on one curse, unless...

Now I'd...
- curse enemies with Poacher's Mark AND Assassin's Mark on hit,
- get tons of life & mana back on hit/kill,
- generate Frenzy Charges, and
- generate Power Charges.

It then occured to me that Gluttony's mod "take xxx physical damage when you use a movement skill" should synergise with the Juggernaut Ascendancy's "Gain an Endurance charge every second if you have been hit recently".

Simply use a movement skill, take damage in the process (I tested the damage on a high-level Raider and found it to be inconsequential), and start generating Endurance charges as well. It definitely works with "Cast when damage taken" setups, and I sure hope it will work with the Ascendancy as well (couldn't test that, unfortunately).

AURAS
Well, Grace is pretty much a no-brainer. But what else?

With curses out of the way because I'd apply them on hit, I wouldn't need a Blasphemy + curse setup.

The new Precision aura looked interesting, but initially I though that only the crit part is interesting whereas the accuracy part would be unnecessary. However, since Oskarm turns accuracy into even more crit chance...

DOWNSIDES

Capping elemental resistances is harder when using uniques. I tried those three uniques on for size with my lvl 92 Raider, however, and found that capping ele resists shouldn't be too much trouble.

Getting enough life is another thing that's harder to do with more uniques (other than Belly of the Beast or Kaom's, of course!). However, the belt has decent life, the gloves have at least some life, and only the ring comes without any. This is not too bad.

Chaos resistance might be the biggest problem here. The gloves decrease them by another 15%, and we'll be weak to chaos and physical damage to begin with. This make it kinda necessary to get chaos resistance rolls on the other ring, the amulet, boots, chest piece, quiver, or helmet.

SKILL TREE
Mind you, this is just spontaneously clicked together and absolutely not maxed out using any tools. I went for long-distance damage, elemental damage, and some resist penetration mainly.

The Heart of Oak cluster is actually superfluous because we cannot be stunned anyway, but losing out on those 8% life would be a pity. I might not need the mana leech with so much recovery on hit/kill, though. The 3% life regen in total should be helpful in the lab and against poison/chaos/bleed, I hope. Well, I'm not satisfied yet.

Here's a link if you wanna take a look.

Now I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that Gluttony will work with the Jugg Ascendancy. That would be so sweet.
Last edited by SamothD on Nov 14, 2019, 3:05:48 PM
"
SamothD wrote:
Spoiler
Hey, you're very welcome. :)

OK, so I was playing around with the skilltree, and this is what I thought:

THE ASCENDANCY CHOICE
That crit multi of the Inquisitor Ascendancy sure is nice, and so is 6% resistance penetration. Then again, especially the latter is easy to get from the tree as well. What else? Consecrated ground. The problem is that this is stationary, and I don't see myself just standing my ground and hacking away at an enemy with an evasion-based bow character.

The increased damage to nearby enemies was a similar thing: Do I even want to be nearby enemies with an evasion-based, physically vulnerable ranged character?

Well, Juggernaut also seemed to be interesting. Since we don't have physical mitigation, stun immunity might be nice to ensure we can keep moving. Chill immunity is a nice bonus in the same vein.

What about the endurance charges, though? How to get those for physical mitigation and more damage? And then there are those +1000 to accuracy, which led me to the next issue...

ACCURACY
As a dexterity-based character, accuracy tends to be less problematic in the first place. When you use a popular bow like Lioneye's Glare with "hits cannot be evaded", it becomes a moot point anyway. Even if not - wouldn't those +1000 be far more than necessary? Would they even be of much use?

ITEMS
Finally, I wanted to use this item which I had lying around:

Poacher's Mark would be an interesting curse for this build anyway, so getting it like this seemed tempting. And it would mean I'd generate Frenzy charges without having to use Blood Rage or anything, plus I'd get life and mana back on hit.

Then it occurred to me that I also had this pair of gloves lying around:

It gives us more spell dodge, and it also has an interesting curse, Assassin's Mark. One that would increase crit chance and damage, generate Power charges (which further increase crit chance!) and give life and mana back on kill.

The curse is weaker and cannot apply to hexproof enemies, though.

BUT look at that "increased global accuracy rating" plus "2% crit chance per 200 accuracy"! This would be the way to make use of all that accuracy. Even if I used a "hits cannot be evaded" bow, the accuracy wouldn't go to waste, but would be converted to crit chance, so to speak!

So which item to choose? Using both wouldn't make sense because I'd miss out on one curse, unless...

Now I'd...
- curse enemies with Poacher's Mark AND Assassin's Mark on hit,
- get tons of life & mana back on hit/kill,
- generate Frenzy Charges, and
- generate Power Charges.

It then occured to me that Gluttony's mod "take xxx physical damage when you use a movement skill" should synergise with the Juggernaut Ascendancy's "Gain an Endurance charge every second if you have been hit recently".

Simply use a movement skill, take damage in the process (I tested the damage on a high-level Raider and found it to be inconsequential), and start generating Endurance charges as well. It definitely works with "Cast when damage taken" setups, and I sure hope it will work with the Ascendancy as well (couldn't test that, unfortunately).

AURAS
Well, Grace is pretty much a no-brainer. But what else?

With curses out of the way because I'd apply them on hit, I wouldn't need a Blasphemy + curse setup.

The new Precision aura looked interesting, but initially I though that only the crit part is interesting whereas the accuracy part would be unnecessary. However, since Oskarm turns accuracy into even more crit chance...

DOWNSIDES

Capping elemental resistances is harder when using uniques. I tried those three uniques on for size with my lvl 92 Raider, however, and found that capping ele resists shouldn't be too much trouble.

Getting enough life is another thing that's harder to do with more uniques (other than Belly of the Beast or Kaom's, of course!). However, the belt has decent life, the gloves have at least some life, and only the ring comes without any. This is not too bad.

Chaos resistance might be the biggest problem here. The gloves decrease them by another 15%, and we'll be weak to chaos and physical damage to begin with. This make it kinda necessary to get chaos resistance rolls on the other ring, the amulet, boots, chest piece, quiver, or helmet.

SKILL TREE
Mind you, this is just spontaneously clicked together and absolutely not maxed out using any tools. I went for long-distance damage, elemental damage, and some resist penetration mainly.

The Heart of Oak cluster is actually superfluous because we cannot be stunned anyway, but losing out on those 8% life would be a pity. I might not need the mana leech with so much recovery on hit/kill, though. The 3% life regen in total should be helpful in the lab and against poison/chaos/bleed, I hope. Well, I'm not satisfied yet.

Here's a link if you wanna take a look.

Now I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that Gluttony will work with the Jugg Ascendancy. That would be so sweet.
That's a great post SamothD. You make great builds! You thought of everything I was going to bring up! It really cool so let us know how it goes as you fight in the center of the Atlas. I don't honestly know if Taking damage via Gluttony counts as a Hit or not. That's the key and I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you.

One thing you can maximize is Accuracy. The original build has 100% accuracy against the highest level enemies. So you can remove some of the accuracy nodes in my tree and place them anywhere else you like.

I really like your setup! Please let us know how it goes! I'm glad you posted it!

Annnnnd

Sooooo...who's ready for change? A player's dream, a guide writer's nightmare ;). I can't wait!

Annnnnd

My Builds Going Forward (PoE 2 & Onwards...)
So ExileCon made some HUGE announcements! I'm really really really excited for them to come to fruition. That being said, character building will be completely different and as a result, existing guides/builds will be changing dramatically.

Now I love theory crafting. I would LOVE to have a build/guide for each of the current 19 ascendancy classes. Ideas are always rolling through my head (as I'm sure they are for you too ;).) With PoE adding an ADDITIONAL 19 ascendancies, I obviously have to pick and choose...38 ASCENDANCIES!!! I restrict myself to a maximum of 6 guides for the amount of personal time it takes to keep them updated and to be active in their threads. So I'll have to continue with the current strategy that I have when picking guides which is, "pick an idea or mechanic of the game that I really like, and build around it." Unfortunately, the number of things I'd like to write a guide on is much greater than 6. So I try to mix and match my preferences within one build while making it efficient, fun to play, that can be played with any rare items, something that doesn't require finicky aiming on PC, and something that can accommodate my long list of medical restrictions.

So with 38 ascendancies, there will obviously be a ton of options. Currently, there's one Necromancer...maybe there will be more. Currently, Occultist is perfect for CI, maybe more will be added. I'd love to keep all of my guides with their current base classes but if one of the new ascendancies matches more what I enjoy, I may end up changing to it. I want all my guides to be the same league in, league out. So IF I make any class changes, it's with the intent of the change being permanent.

So, here's a list of things I really like in PoE and that I'll hopefully be able to incorporate into 6 guides (I currently can't):

- A legion of minions that stay summoned and kill everything for me.
- A max Block character
- A max Dodge Character
- A bow character
- A totem character
- A CI character
- An RF character (if there was ever a Cold RF skill I'd choose that)
- I LOVE Phasing
- I love killing my minions
- A character that buffs allies (I know it's hard without uniques)
- Having a Scion would be cool
- I love lots of charges
- I LOOOOOVE slowing Enemies
- I love Shield skills

So anyway, the point of all this is, I don't know what PoE 2 will bring but I'll be doing my best not to change any ascendancies...but I will if it helps me get everything I love about the game into 6 builds/guides.

Thanks for your time and support. You're all fantastic. :)

Annnnnd

Another fantastic guide! I’ve been slowly working on this character. How much life do you recommend to be around level 80s? I am around 4000 or so with one more labyrinth to go.

Also I can’t seem to figure out why the evasion rating keeps fluctuating. I’ve been following the passive tree and just reached the part where you removed points and put into ranger starting. After those points my evasion was at 51%. Later I check it’ll sometimes be at 47, 48% randomly.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Can’t hardly wait for POE 2 and your guides!
"
BBQporkramen wrote:
Another fantastic guide! I’ve been slowly working on this character. How much life do you recommend to be around level 80s? I am around 4000 or so with one more labyrinth to go.

Also I can’t seem to figure out why the evasion rating keeps fluctuating. I’ve been following the passive tree and just reached the part where you removed points and put into ranger starting. After those points my evasion was at 51%. Later I check it’ll sometimes be at 47, 48% randomly.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Can’t hardly wait for POE 2 and your guides!
Awesome BBQporkramen. Thank you very much for you kind post. I'm excited too! PoE 2 is going to be insane. I really want to play around with the new gem system and see all the ascendancies. Yikes! I'll likely have to post one guide at a time (max 6) but I'm looking forward to the new game for sure.

Regarding this Scion, you'll end up with 184% life on the tree by level 90. That'll easily put you over 5000 with decent (but not great) life rolls on your gear. That's still "glass cannon" territory though. You'll be able to take hits, but play like you don't want to take hits. ;)

Evasion and Armour are based on gear and enemy level. So the % of evasion that you have in the tree is multiplied with the flat amount of evasion you have on your gear. Then, with all the crazy math GGG uses, your final evasion rating is then put up against the monster level of the enemies you're facing. So as you and your enemies level, your Evasion rating will decrease (if you never improve your evasion in any way).

Does that help? Let me know if it doesn't. Thanks again for your encouragement. I really appreciate the time it takes to do so. Thank you.

Annnnnd

"
Awesome BBQporkramen. Thank you very much for you kind post. I'm excited too! PoE 2 is going to be insane. I really want to play around with the new gem system and see all the ascendancies. Yikes! I'll likely have to post one guide at a time (max 6) but I'm looking forward to the new game for sure.

Regarding this Scion, you'll end up with 184% life on the tree by level 90. That'll easily put you over 5000 with decent (but not great) life rolls on your gear. That's still "glass cannon" territory though. You'll be able to take hits, but play like you don't want to take hits. ;)

Evasion and Armour are based on gear and enemy level. So the % of evasion that you have in the tree is multiplied with the flat amount of evasion you have on your gear. Then, with all the crazy math GGG uses, your final evasion rating is then put up against the monster level of the enemies you're facing. So as you and your enemies level, your Evasion rating will decrease (if you never improve your evasion in any way).

Does that help? Let me know if it doesn't. Thanks again for your encouragement. I really appreciate the time it takes to do so. Thank you.

Thanks for clarifying. I guess l have to take more time to learn some boss patterns to avoid those big hits. Thanks again!
"
My Builds Going Forward (PoE 2 & Onwards...)
So ExileCon made some HUGE announcements! I'm really really really excited for them to come to fruition. That being said, character building will be completely different and as a result, existing guides/builds will be changing dramatically.

Now I love theory crafting. I would LOVE to have a build/guide for each of the current 19 ascendancy classes. Ideas are always rolling through my head (as I'm sure they are for you too ;).) With PoE adding an ADDITIONAL 19 ascendancies, I obviously have to pick and choose...38 ASCENDANCIES!!! I restrict myself to a maximum of 6 guides for the amount of personal time it takes to keep them updated and to be active in their threads. So I'll have to continue with the current strategy that I have when picking guides which is, "pick an idea or mechanic of the game that I really like, and build around it." Unfortunately, the number of things I'd like to write a guide on is much greater than 6. So I try to mix and match my preferences within one build while making it efficient, fun to play, that can be played with any rare items, something that doesn't require finicky aiming on PC, and something that can accommodate my long list of medical restrictions.

So with 38 ascendancies, there will obviously be a ton of options. Currently, there's one Necromancer...maybe there will be more. Currently, Occultist is perfect for CI, maybe more will be added. I'd love to keep all of my guides with their current base classes but if one of the new ascendancies matches more what I enjoy, I may end up changing to it. I want all my guides to be the same league in, league out. So IF I make any class changes, it's with the intent of the change being permanent.

So, here's a list of things I really like in PoE and that I'll hopefully be able to incorporate into 6 guides (I currently can't):

- A legion of minions that stay summoned and kill everything for me.
- A max Block character
- A max Dodge Character
- A bow character
- A totem character
- A CI character
- An RF character (if there was ever a Cold RF skill I'd choose that)
- I LOVE Phasing
- I love killing my minions
- A character that buffs allies (I know it's hard without uniques)
- Having a Scion would be cool
- I love lots of charges
- I LOOOOOVE slowing Enemies
- I love Shield skills

So anyway, the point of all this is, I don't know what PoE 2 will bring but I'll be doing my best not to change any ascendancies...but I will if it helps me get everything I love about the game into 6 builds/guides.

Thanks for your time and support. You're all fantastic. :)

I'll just sit back and enjoy whatever you're going to throw our way so take your time and keep up the good work! I'll be right here. Meanwhile my Zombie Witch still needs to get to level 80. ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info