3.8| Stress Free PoE - DEADITOR, "EH"? |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
Always a pleasure PrincessOfAsgard :). Thank you for such kind words. That's really very encouraging and thoughtful. Thank you. I'm glad you like the build! It's hit or miss for some, but I love it.

So with CwDT, I keep the gems that don't need to be cast often (but still need to be occasionally cast) on a high-level CwDT. That way they are being put into gameplay often enough and their effective enough because they are high-level gems themselves. Spells that don't have an effect that increase as the gem levels (Phase Run gives you phasing no matter the gem level) I put in low-level CwDT so that the effects I want are cast as often as possible.

CwDT has casting restrictions. Gems have to be around the same level. I just realized that I don't have a CwDT section in the guide. I'll add one.
Here's an excerpt from one of my other guides on CwDT:
Cast when Damage Taken (CwDT) is a gem that automatically casts linked spells (not attacks) when your character takes a certain amount of damage. The lower the level of CwDT, the less damage it needs to cast its linked spells. The higher the level of CwDT, the more damage it needs to cast linked gems.

CwDT cannot support ACTIVE skills with a higher player level requirement than that of the CwDT gem itself. For spells to be cast by CwDT, the spell has wot be within the requirement level listed on the gem. As you level gems, you'll see that they all have certain player levels you have to be at in order to use them. CwDT does too. You'll notice in the CwDT gem description that it'll only cast spells under a certain requirement level. That requirement level goes up as CwDT levels. Linked SUPPORT gems have no boundaries and can be fully levelled.

The benefit to a high-level CwDT at a high level is that we can have high-level gems attached to it (Stone Golem). The benefit to a low-level CwDT is that you can have spells being cast frequently. Good for utility spells (applying curses and such).

You can't manually cast spells that are linked to CwDT and within CwDT's gem requirement level.
If that doesn't make sense let me know. If you check out my gear, you'll see the types of gems I've added to a CwDT level 1 compared to the Golem and Blood Rage.

If you missed the chance to get a level 1 gem from Petarus and Vanja, you can get one from Siosa in the Library in Act 3 (he's a pain and you have to do his quest first) or you can get one from Lily in Act 6 (do her quest).

Thanks again for such nice compliments. Let me know if this didn't answer your questions or if you have any more.

Ooooh, I see. Sweet. Thank you so much for the detailed explanation! I think I can work with that now. For now I will keep both my ice golem and cwdt on low level for it to spawn as early as possible because I feel like it works fine like that. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to your upcoming ranger build and can't wait to explore it in the next season! Cheers a lot, mate! ^^
Last edited by PrincessOfAsgard on Oct 7, 2019, 10:59:33 AM
"
Ooooh, I see. Sweet. Thank you so much for the detailed explanation! I think I can work with that now. For now I will keep both my ice golem and cwdt on low level for it to spawn as early as possible because I feel like it works fine like that. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to your upcoming ranger build and can't wait to explore it in the next season! Cheers a lot, mate! ^^
I had a really hard choice to make with the Ranger. But I think I figured it out. I think. I'm levelling it with the new changes now and hopefully, it'll crush endgame. The big choice was on the main skill though. There aren't many channelling attacks in the game...and only one does elemental damage. Anyway...thank you :) You're very kind. Once you're done with this one let me know and I'll gladly share the ranger build with you.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey there!
Absolutely love your builds, I'm not an amazing player so having easy to follow guides, as well as builds built around using as little button presses as possible, is such a godsend to me!

I was just wondering about this build, Elemental Hit says it ONLY deals damage from one of the three elements, but if you have items/jewels that give you extra damage, say the Added Cold Damage Support gem, does it do the cold damage alongside every elemental hit? Or can the move ONLY do damage from one element regardless of gear/jewels? I am worried that Elemental Equilibrium might not be as effective otherwise.

Thank you for your time, looking forward to the reply!

(Sorry if the question has been asked before, my pain condition makes my brain all muzzy so I might have missed this information.)
"
TheLazyAdam wrote:
Hey there!
Absolutely love your builds, I'm not an amazing player so having easy to follow guides, as well as builds built around using as little button presses as possible, is such a godsend to me!

I was just wondering about this build, Elemental Hit says it ONLY deals damage from one of the three elements, but if you have items/jewels that give you extra damage, say the Added Cold Damage Support gem, does it do the cold damage alongside every elemental hit? Or can the move ONLY do damage from one element regardless of gear/jewels? I am worried that Elemental Equilibrium might not be as effective otherwise.

Thank you for your time, looking forward to the reply!

(Sorry if the question has been asked before, my pain condition makes my brain all muzzy so I might have missed this information.)
Thanks TheLazyAdam. You're very kind. I appreciate the encouragement and the time you took out of your day for it. Thank you. (I'm glad you like the builds too ;).)

To answer your question, the description of Elemental Hit overrides the mods of your gear. So if you had Added Cold Damage to your Attacks, then you'd only have that added cold damage when Elemental Hit chooses to shoot cold damage. it won't apply to the other elementals of the attack. So you can't screw up Elemental Equilibrium with Elemental Hit. Sweet right?

Does that answer your question? If it didn't or if you have any more, let me know.

Thanks again for such a kind post.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey Everyone,

I have a question for everyone here...I'm trying to keep my titles consistent league after league but I want my builds to be as attractive as possible to as many people as possible. Whether they like the guides/builds is different ;).

Since the title of each guide is what brings each person to click on the guide, I'm curious what about this league's title (or any reason at all) made you interested in this build?

Do you have any suggestions as to what would make the title more appealing? Any specific words or themes? (Titles are limited to 100 characters...it makes it tricky.)

Thanks for your time. And thanks for all your kindness in this league.

Annnnnd

Thanks for the awesome build! This is the first time I've been able to remain fixated on the game long enough to make it to mapping. I'm hitting a wall though where I'm getting one shotted by mobs. I've tried to get my next ascendancy but keep getting one shot hit on the first encounter. I think I just need to keep farming for +Life gear. I can run level 1 maps but I've not tried lvl 2 yet. I've been farming BA and some of the act 10 maps but my gear is higher ilvl than what drops in there. Any tips are welcome. I use rain of arrows with the life gain & phantasms as a way to stay alive as it fills up my life almost instantly. Thanks again!!
Hello Wrecker_of_Days,
I've seen a lot of people talking about EH lately so I decided to look up for a few guides to see if I really wanted to try it. Honestly, I've been feeling bored this league, I made a lot of characters, tried a lot of builds and none of them went anywhere near "endgame". I feel bored after completing 10 acts and run a few maps.
There are not a lot of guides for EH but I actually love your guide a lot, the definition of "simplicity", it's the simplest yet comprehensive. I think I will give it a try. I took a look at your profile and damn, it's really "use whatever you want" build. Hopefully, I can find my thrill for the game again.
One question, have you been able to complete endgame contents such as UE, Uber Atziri...?
Nice build! I used this as a league starter in HC SSF, with a few adjustments like going for vitality void early instead of the mana leech in the tree, and taking Slayer ascendancy instead of Inquisitor. It worked great! Then I got stunlocked by a bunch of Beyond mobs during a Blight encounter and died in my fourth map. Definitely should've taken Juggernaut instead as the overleech barely helped. Stun immunity with the phasing and fast movespeed of this build would've saved me.

I liked that because of how EH's damage works I didn't have to replace my bow every few levels after I got a decent one. I started using EH immediately at level 12. After I got a 4-link, I found that using Pierce, Elemental Proliferation, and Elemental Damage on Attacks support gems gave me the best clear/safety balance until 2nd Lab when I could swap proliferation and pierce for added crit and attack speed instead.

Early on I started using Arctic Armour for survival and it definitely saved me during A8 Doedre with 2.1k HP and A10 Kitava with 3.2k HP when I was inattentive and stood in some attacks. Additionally, because of the phasing movespeed passive, I used the Withering Step gem to run through the acts quickly. It's surprisingly good, and doubled as a safety net whenever Steelskin was on cooldown and I didn't feel safe standing still.

It's not really the build's fault, but the biggest problem I found was that when you have two arrows, at some ranges clicking the mobs makes both arrows miss. That sucks! I hope GGG fixes this in 3.9 when they're supposed to do something to bows. I think I'll try this as a starter again next season if that happens and EH isn't nerfed to heck and back.
Last edited by hopala on Oct 12, 2019, 5:27:01 AM
It's Thanksgiving in my part of the world. So thanks for your patience with some of my delayed responses.

But more importantly, I pray, whether life is great or full of pain, that you all are able to see things in your life that you are truly grateful for.

"
"
pharaway80 wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for the awesome build! This is the first time I've been able to remain fixated on the game long enough to make it to mapping. I'm hitting a wall though where I'm getting one shotted by mobs. I've tried to get my next ascendancy but keep getting one shot hit on the first encounter. I think I just need to keep farming for +Life gear. I can run level 1 maps but I've not tried lvl 2 yet. I've been farming BA and some of the act 10 maps but my gear is higher ilvl than what drops in there. Any tips are welcome. I use rain of arrows with the life gain & phantasms as a way to stay alive as it fills up my life almost instantly. Thanks again!!
Hey pharaway80. Thanks! I'm glad you're liking the build! I'm sorry you've hit a wall. I took a look at your gear and you're correct that life rolls on your gear will help a lot. This build doesn't have a lot of defence. It's survivability comes from it's offence and moving around often enough. You did a good job adding Frost Wall to your build. I like that one a lot. Phase Run or a Quartz flask is great for escaping as well.

Some deaths (with my playstyle) are inevitable. But I find I survive best with this character standing still only for a couple of shots then moving on. Your build looks great besides the life rolls that you already mentioned (and those will come with grinding. I never expect to have my gear set up when I finish the story. It only STARTS to come around once mapping starts.

Does that help? Let me know if not.
"
"
lucre280893 wrote:
Spoiler
Hello Wrecker_of_Days,
I've seen a lot of people talking about EH lately so I decided to look up for a few guides to see if I really wanted to try it. Honestly, I've been feeling bored this league, I made a lot of characters, tried a lot of builds and none of them went anywhere near "endgame". I feel bored after completing 10 acts and run a few maps.
There are not a lot of guides for EH but I actually love your guide a lot, the definition of "simplicity", it's the simplest yet comprehensive. I think I will give it a try. I took a look at your profile and damn, it's really "use whatever you want" build. Hopefully, I can find my thrill for the game again.
One question, have you been able to complete endgame contents such as UE, Uber Atziri...?
Thanks lucre280893. You're very kind. Thank you. I hope you find enjoyment in the game again. I find that not requiring certain items is the key to me never burning out.

To answer your question, yes, the build can clear the atlas (though I never bother with Hall of Grandmasters). I have never beat Uber Elder but it's not really a build issue. With the issues and symptoms that I deal with, I doubt I'll ever do it. The fight is way to busy for me and all the damage/danger is too similar in colour. But my endgame philosophy is: if a build can take you there, you'll be able to beat it. The end game battles aren't any harder than any other situation in the game, they just require familiarity. So once you know the battle well, if your build can take you there, you'll be fine.

Again, thanks for the kind words. If you have any more questions let me know. And let us know how things go if you try the build out.
"
"
hopala wrote:
Spoiler
Nice build! I used this as a league starter in HC SSF, with a few adjustments like going for vitality void early instead of the mana leech in the tree, and taking Slayer ascendancy instead of Inquisitor. It worked great! Then I got stunlocked by a bunch of Beyond mobs during a Blight encounter and died in my fourth map. Definitely should've taken Juggernaut instead as the overleech barely helped. Stun immunity with the phasing and fast movespeed of this build would've saved me.

I liked that because of how EH's damage works I didn't have to replace my bow every few levels after I got a decent one. I started using EH immediately at level 12. After I got a 4-link, I found that using Pierce, Elemental Proliferation, and Elemental Damage on Attacks support gems gave me the best clear/safety balance until 2nd Lab when I could swap proliferation and pierce for added crit and attack speed instead.

Early on I started using Arctic Armour for survival and it definitely saved me during A8 Doedre with 2.1k HP and A10 Kitava with 3.2k HP when I was inattentive and stood in some attacks. Additionally, because of the phasing movespeed passive, I used the Withering Step gem to run through the acts quickly. It's surprisingly good, and doubled as a safety net whenever Steelskin was on cooldown and I didn't feel safe standing still.

It's not really the build's fault, but the biggest problem I found was that when you have two arrows, at some ranges clicking the mobs makes both arrows miss. That sucks! I hope GGG fixes this in 3.9 when they're supposed to do something to bows. I think I'll try this as a starter again next season if that happens and EH isn't nerfed to heck and back.
Thanks hopala. That's very nice of you. I'm glad you're liking the build! I really like the changes you made too. That 4 link levelling suggestion is perfect as well. Awesome post.

I too find that the arrows can split poorly and that I have to move around a bit to be able to hit the enemy again. I don't know if it's bow though. Maybe it is, but I find the same issue with my DoT builds too. Both Vortex and RF have moments where they should be damaging enemies but aren't. I'll squiggle around a bit and hit the skill again, and then the enemy dies.

I appreciate the post and seeing what changes you made and how you levelled. Thanks!

Annnnnd

"
I had a really hard choice to make with the Ranger. But I think I figured it out. I think. I'm levelling it with the new changes now and hopefully, it'll crush endgame. The big choice was on the main skill though. There aren't many channelling attacks in the game...and only one does elemental damage. Anyway...thank you :) You're very kind. Once you're done with this one let me know and I'll gladly share the ranger build with you.

Aaaaand here we go! I finally hit end game. Capped my resistances now I'm ready to go! Still a bit low on life though but I'm keeping my eyes open for good items that I can make something of. At the moment I keep dying to stupid things on the lowest of maps (like friggin' strong boxes... yeah). But then again I'm just not that much of a pro gamer and maybe haven't figured out the ideal key bindings and stuff yet. I might be having a little aiming and evasion problem, destipte the phasing buff. Anyway, I admit that I enjoy the process of leveling a new character quite a bit more than I actually enjoy the end game.

Ooooh, ranger with a channeling skill! I absolutely LOVE charged dash and blade flurry! Can't wait for the reveal! Is it a bow build though? Is that even possible with a channeling skill? Anyway, I'm really curious what it'll play like!

About your titles... I never really thought when I read them that there was something missing, to be honest. But I can imagine that it's tricky to put all the information you want it to have within the 100 characters limit. I think you got the most important facts about your builds covered though. The "clear the atlas with YOUR items and YOUR pace" should pretty much concern everyone from beginner to hardcore pro gamer. It's always interesting to have some kind of flexibility and I think the majority of players at some point will love to try a build where there's no expensive unique needed. So that in the title plus a catchy build name ("Deaditor, eh?") to me makes a really nice title that should work well enough on it's own! Of course there's many build creators out there who for example include the main skill in their thread titles. Or something like "uber viable" or the likes. And of course this kind of information will always speak to those players whose main goal it is to clear the atlas and defeat the elder and uber elder as soon and smoothly as possible. But then again I'm not even sure if that's the majority of players and pretty much everyone else will definitely look further into your build threads with the information you're already giving them in the title.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info