PC servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .

3.8| Stress Free PoE - DEADITOR, "EH"? |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
Spoiler
"
I had a really hard choice to make with the Ranger. But I think I figured it out. I think. I'm levelling it with the new changes now and hopefully, it'll crush endgame. The big choice was on the main skill though. There aren't many channelling attacks in the game...and only one does elemental damage. Anyway...thank you :) You're very kind. Once you're done with this one let me know and I'll gladly share the ranger build with you.

Aaaaand here we go! I finally hit end game. Capped my resistances now I'm ready to go! Still a bit low on life though but I'm keeping my eyes open for good items that I can make something of. At the moment I keep dying to stupid things on the lowest of maps (like friggin' strong boxes... yeah). But then again I'm just not that much of a pro gamer and maybe haven't figured out the ideal key bindings and stuff yet. I might be having a little aiming and evasion problem, destipte the phasing buff. Anyway, I admit that I enjoy the process of leveling a new character quite a bit more than I actually enjoy the end game.

Ooooh, ranger with a channeling skill! I absolutely LOVE charged dash and blade flurry! Can't wait for the reveal! Is it a bow build though? Is that even possible with a channeling skill? Anyway, I'm really curious what it'll play like!

About your titles... I never really thought when I read them that there was something missing, to be honest. But I can imagine that it's tricky to put all the information you want it to have within the 100 characters limit. I think you got the most important facts about your builds covered though. The "clear the atlas with YOUR items and YOUR pace" should pretty much concern everyone from beginner to hardcore pro gamer. It's always interesting to have some kind of flexibility and I think the majority of players at some point will love to try a build where there's no expensive unique needed. So that in the title plus a catchy build name ("Deaditor, eh?") to me makes a really nice title that should work well enough on it's own! Of course there's many build creators out there who for example include the main skill in their thread titles. Or something like "uber viable" or the likes. And of course this kind of information will always speak to those players whose main goal it is to clear the atlas and defeat the elder and uber elder as soon and smoothly as possible. But then again I'm not even sure if that's the majority of players and pretty much everyone else will definitely look further into your build threads with the information you're already giving them in the title.
Hey PrincessOfAsgard,

You like your levelling hey? Crazy ;). It is a lot of fun to get those passive points so quickly, that's for sure.

This build here has lots of life for a bow character. It'll hopefully have 184% by level 90 which is more than all my other life builds (except RF). But that's also because there isn't much defence within the skills themselves. So once you find you have lots of gear with good life rolls on them, you'll be flying through maps.

The Dodge Happy build will be using Cyclone. I can't use Charged Dash as the main skill...too much screen jumping. Otherwise, I'd do it for sure; it suits the build better. (You could easily use it instead of Cyclone though.) There is a bow channelling skill, but I prefer a channelling skill that I'm channelling more often than not.

Thanks for your input on the title too. The biggest challenge for me is to entice both new and experienced players to the guide. But, not everyone is looking crush the Atlas like an old school dungeon crawler.

I appreciate your posts and your feedback. If you think of anything else or have any suggestions for the guide or build as you go along, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks again!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Hey PrincessOfAsgard,

You like your levelling hey? Crazy ;). It is a lot of fun to get those passive points so quickly, that's for sure.

This build here has lots of life for a bow character. It'll hopefully have 184% by level 90 which is more than all my other life builds (except RF). But that's also because there isn't much defence within the skills themselves. So once you find you have lots of gear with good life rolls on them, you'll be flying through maps.

The Dodge Happy build will be using Cyclone. I can't use Charged Dash as the main skill...too much screen jumping. Otherwise, I'd do it for sure; it suits the build better. (You could easily use it instead of Cyclone though.) There is a bow channelling skill, but I prefer a channelling skill that I'm channelling more often than not.

Thanks for your input on the title too. The biggest challenge for me is to entice both new and experienced players to the guide. But, not everyone is looking crush the Atlas like an old school dungeon crawler.

I appreciate your posts and your feedback. If you think of anything else or have any suggestions for the guide or build as you go along, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks again!

It's true. I really do like my levelling a lot! xD Seems like compared to everyone else I know playing the game that really is a bit crazy. But I'm known for always being the odd one out and I don't mind at all. ;)

Okay, Cyclone is a nice skill, too! I'm looking forward to it! I think I'll try your duelist cyclone build next to see how it plays. ^^

Cheers, mate!
Hey Everyone,

Bad news. This is normally the time of the league where I'm really considering if any changes need to be done to a build/guide. Normally I'd be posting the small tweaks to the build that would improve it, or simply stating that nothing will change. But I've had a very difficult time understanding the inconsistencies of Elemental Hit. With 100% accuracy, there are many times my hits with the skill do no damage at all. Not even a small amount. I've spent the entire league scouring stats, forums, quadruple checking my work. I have no clue (except for maybe a glitch) why I go through moments of 0 damage (it happens on normal white mobs sometimes too). As a result, playing this build is really exhausting for me. It takes too much effort for me to make it work even though it's one-button build.

So the bad news is that I'm discontinuing this guide. I'll be keeping it around as I'd like to have one of my six guides as a Scion that crushes the Atlas, but if I do, it likely won't be EH :(. So in the meantime, my 6th guide I'll be posting shortly will be my 5th guide, and maybe I'll have my Caustic Arrow Trickster as the 6th guide...though I don't really like doing cookie-cutter builds.

I won't be deleting this thread though. So for anyone that wants to continue playing this build, keep this bookmarked until PoE changes make this irrelevant.

I'm sorry to everyone who likes this build. But I just can't play it long term (in one sitting). If I find a way to resurrect it, I will. Thanks for your time. I'm sorry to bail on it.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
The Deaditor won't be forgotten - I will continue playing her - till patch do us part, someday.

Thank you very much for all your efforts and for this guide.
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
Oh, snap! I'm so sorry it doesn't work out. I was really having a lot of fun levelling with this build! I will definitely keep my character and try it further on the atlas.

Darn. If this is what happens when I leave for a short holiday then I better stay at home next time. xD :P
Spoiler
"
The Deaditor won't be forgotten - I will continue playing her - till patch do us part, someday.

Thank you very much for all your efforts and for this guide.
"
Oh, snap! I'm so sorry it doesn't work out. I was really having a lot of fun levelling with this build! I will definitely keep my character and try it further on the atlas.

Darn. If this is what happens when I leave for a short holiday then I better stay at home next time. xD :P
Thank you both for your kindness. I really enjoy the build as well. There's just something about it, likely the mental effort it takes to aim...darn concussion stuff, that makes it too much for me.

What do you think of this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tyM1sDa6DI. Fast forward to the gameplay and see if it interests you. It'll likely be the "bow guide" replacement...likely. The build itself isn't maximized by any means. It's an OLD build that I made that has very few gems equipped and gear that's been ignored for leagues. But the playstyle is really easy...and so is the aim.

Thank you both again for your encouragement.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Nov 12, 2019, 4:14:53 PM
Hey Wrecker_of_Days,

I'm popping into your thread for three reasons:

1) I'd like to tell you personally that I really appreciate the incredible friendliness, positivity and Canadian level of politeness that you put into this thread - and your others, for that matter. If the entire forums were like this, we'd have ourselves a happy place indeed!

2) You actually inspired me to try out an Elemental Hit build. I had been looking for a Scion build that would tickle my fancy - and for a bow build, too. So being able to combine both was of course just perfect!

Now, I play standard SSF exclusively (yes, we exist!), and most build guides sound more intimidating than anything else - gazillions of DPS, use five unique flasks, get this and that high-end item with double corruption, and so forth... the result is that I mostly think "Oh, I'll never be able to do this".

Your guides, however, are really inviting and totally make people feel "hey, I can do this!". Not everyone wants to farm Uber Elder with 20 seconds max for each run, after all. So thank you very much for that, too.

3) I had some uniques lying around that I thought I could use with this build, and I have tried out the mechanics as far as I could - so far everything seems to work. I haven't noticed any problem with Elemental Hit sometimes doing zero damage so far, either. (I'm on PC, though)

I kept the spirit of a one-click build by making it so that one attack skill (Elemental Hit) and one movement skill (doesn't matter at all which one) would...
- kill monsters and take you around, but also
- generate frenzy charges
- generate power charges
- generate endurance charges
- apply two curses
...all without requiring anything else than attacking monsters and occasionally moving/warping/blinking/teleporting/dashing somewhere else. You could literally keep the skill bar empty except for these two, attack and move.

I'm currently leveling (only at the beginning of Act2 rn), and I will keep playing, too. If anyone is interested, I'd gladly share my thoughts, but I don't wanna hijack your thread unless it's OK with you.
Last edited by SamothD on Nov 13, 2019, 5:16:35 AM
To me, it looks interesting. Is the phasing part of the build or just a result from using the flasks?

I haven't played a lot of Shadows, it would be a welcome opportunity to do so.

Thank you very much for sharing the video.
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
Thanks for the link! Looks really good to me! It's using caustic arrow as a main skill so probably going to deal a lot of chaos damage. I'm both a huge DOT and ranged-fan so I would definitely try this one out! Honestly, I can't wait to see whatever you're gonna come up with next. ^^

As for the EH, I've been playing a few maps yesterday to see if I was experiencing the same zero-damage-hits as you are with this build but I have to admit that for me everything seemed to be normal. Sorry I can't be of any more help here.
"
SamothD wrote:
Spoiler
Hey Wrecker_of_Days,

I'm popping into your thread for three reasons:

1) I'd like to tell you personally that I really appreciate the incredible friendliness, positivity and Canadian level of politeness that you put into this thread - and your others, for that matter. If the entire forums were like this, we'd have ourselves a happy place indeed!

2) You actually inspired me to try out an Elemental Hit build. I had been looking for a Scion build that would tickle my fancy - and for a bow build, too. So being able to combine both was of course just perfect!

Now, I play standard SSF exclusively (yes, we exist!), and most build guides sound more intimidating than anything else - gazillions of DPS, use five unique flasks, get this and that high-end item with double corruption, and so forth... the result is that I mostly think "Oh, I'll never be able to do this".

Your guides, however, are really inviting and totally make people feel "hey, I can do this!". Not everyone wants to farm Uber Elder with 20 seconds max for each run, after all. So thank you very much for that, too.

3) I had some uniques lying around that I thought I could use with this build, and I have tried out the mechanics as far as I could - so far everything seems to work. I haven't noticed any problem with Elemental Hit sometimes doing zero damage so far, either. (I'm on PC, though)

I kept the spirit of a one-click build by making it so that one attack skill (Elemental Hit) and one movement skill (doesn't matter at all which one) would...
- kill monsters and take you around, but also
- generate frenzy charges
- generate power charges
- generate endurance charges
- apply two curses
...all without requiring anything else than attacking monsters and occasionally moving/warping/blinking/teleporting/dashing somewhere else. You could literally keep the skill bar empty except for these two, attack and move.

I'm currently leveling (only at the beginning of Act2 rn), and I will keep playing, too. If anyone is interested, I'd gladly share my thoughts, but I don't wanna hijack your thread unless it's OK with you.
SamothD, that is a wonderfully kind post. Thank you for taking the time to be encouraging :). I really appreciate it. Your posts like yours that help others keep these threads as they are. (It was a really fun pun to throw in the "EH" in the title.)

I'm glad you seem to be enjoying the build! I'm glad it scratched so many itches for you! Let us all know how it goes as you progress!

Your changes seem great! By all means, post your thoughts and modifications! You should see my other guides! They're LOADED with posts of modifications to the original guide. For those that read them, it helps people figure out more of the game faster, even if they don't implement your methods.

I really appreciate your compliments and I'm glad you felt encouraged with it all. On a different note, please feel free to give any advice on the guide as well, whether it's the layout, the title, or something I'm missing. I've put a lot of people's ideas into how I make my guides.

Thanks again. Let us know how it goes! Hijack away :)!

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info