3.8| Stress Free PoE - SLOW-MO ZOMBIES |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

thanks SauMaris, will give that a try
"
I don't like poe. I don't understand poe. Poe is frustrating me. Your character made the game enjoyable. THX :)
Thanks narval2113!

That's a wonderful compliment! It's my favourite game by far so I'm happy to have helped. Thanks for taking the time to let me know :).

I'd love your feedback (only if you're up for it) on what I could improve on the guide. Is it missing anything that would have helped you further?

Thanks again :).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Back to PoE after many years away. This my chosen return PoE/blight build. Very nice. Very easy. Like it. Started with a ranger and almost quit after 2 days.

LVL 84 and mapping to LVL & gear up right now.

Using midnight bargain unique wand which I like but the 30% reserved life not so cool BUT so far I'm doing pretty well. Looking for gear with the usual resists and life and such. Don't notice much of a difference with the 30% life down.

The one and only thing I have changed so far is instead of the CWDT with ball lightning/enfeeble/curse on hit I use greater multiple projectile support (leaving it at LVL 1) and cast ball lightning on my own.
I thought it a waste to wait until I take damage to cast enfeeble. Seemed like a waste of 4 sockets and EE TBQH.
So now I cast 5 balls of lightning with 1 click and enfeeble/EE everything on screen at my discretion.

Just one small extra click.

Thanks for the guide!
Hey, WoD, do you remember saying in the 3.7 thread that you were worried about maintaining enough corpses for Zombie Bombs? I was digging through a buddies stash on the site and noticed a funny pair of gloves. Here's the wiki link:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Aukuna%27s_Will

I saw these gloves and thought:

That would make a Cyclone-CWC-Fortify-Raise Zombie-Infernal Legion-Minion Speed combo that could be very nasty combined with a CWDT-Detonate Dead-SRS-Spirit Offering(if offerings affect you) or Immortal Call(if offerings don't affect you)! You wouldn't even need to be a Witch to do this setup!

Tell me what you think.

Edit: Just had another odd thought, switch out Fortify and Minion Speed for Vaal Summon Skeletons and Summon Raging Spirit... Um, yeah, that's a never ending wall of minions. I think at that point GGG would need to make a new skill effect for Cyclone that's made up of bones, brains and, flaming skulls! LOL
Last edited by MasterZoen on Sep 22, 2019, 11:00:24 AM
"
dsxy wrote:

Orb of storms is also a good choice when you are surrounded by monsters like in Delve
Just wanted to express my appreciation to WoD!

I've played PoE for a few months, but felt kinda lost'ish. No real direction, had a bunch of started builds, and never really progressed.

Well I decided to use this build in 3.8 and go hard at it. I'm happy to say that I am Lvl 88, wrecking things, and am totally addicted to it.

Just wanted to thank you for the build and build guide, as I am immensely enjoying the game, and plan to play it now for the foreseeable future.

The ONLY thing that I am still having problems with is Delve'ing. I don't understand it I get going deeper and deeper, and can pretty much handle it, but I've only really blown up two walls that were obvious to me, but I can't really seem to find any fossils or resonators, and I feel like I could do even more if I could identify more in delve.

However that is NOT a critique of this build, as delve activity is not covered, and technically is not part of the build, the build can handle it, just my brain can't :)

Thanks WoD!
Hello,

I have a really nice time with this build. Great job!

"
SauMaris wrote:
"
dsxy wrote:

Orb of storms is also a good choice when you are surrounded by monsters like in Delve

Just in case I want to ask - should lvl up gems like: ball lighting, arc, orb of storms and greater projectile or leave it at 1lvl?
Also I want to ask what do you use for support arc, still greater projectile or something else?

Cheers
Last edited by stahs22 on Sep 23, 2019, 1:35:46 PM
"
stahs22 wrote:

Just in case I want to ask - should lvl up gems like: ball lighting, arc, orb of storms and greater projectile or leave it at 1lvl?
Also I want to ask what do you use for support arc, still greater projectile or something else?

Cheers

No, I go with a standard setup as recommended, just instead of the ball lightning I use orb of storms. Tried Arc and with chaining it was also good.

By the way, I added couple of jewels in my passive tree

Taunted enemies deal 10% less damage to targets that aren't the source of the taunt, which is me and blind lessens the chance to hit of the affected target by 50%. With both jewels greater survivability, more life for me and more damage for my minions.
Happy Monday (Slow-Mo Zombie official reply day ;))!

I hope all are well and enjoying the league. Remember, be kind when trading!

Also, I for the first time in forever, was able to do a nice long PoE session. For those that are nervous about survivability with the guides exact setup...I had a couple more Guardian maps drop during the mentioned session so I decided to do one with the Zombie build (saved the others for other build examples). So here's a Vaaled Phoenix setup like the guide. By all means, go as defensive as you like. It makes perfect sense to. I'm just showing the video so those that follow the guide to a "T" know they don't have to worry once they hit the center of the atlas.
"
"
Pip_n_Tip wrote:
Spoiler
Back to PoE after many years away. This my chosen return PoE/blight build. Very nice. Very easy. Like it. Started with a ranger and almost quit after 2 days.

LVL 84 and mapping to LVL & gear up right now.

Using midnight bargain unique wand which I like but the 30% reserved life not so cool BUT so far I'm doing pretty well. Looking for gear with the usual resists and life and such. Don't notice much of a difference with the 30% life down.

The one and only thing I have changed so far is instead of the CWDT with ball lightning/enfeeble/curse on hit I use greater multiple projectile support (leaving it at LVL 1) and cast ball lightning on my own.
I thought it a waste to wait until I take damage to cast enfeeble. Seemed like a waste of 4 sockets and EE TBQH.
So now I cast 5 balls of lightning with 1 click and enfeeble/EE everything on screen at my discretion.

Just one small extra click.

Thanks for the guide!
Hey Pip_n_Tip,

Thanks for kind message! I'm glad you're back after having such a long break from the game. It's changed a lot hey?

That's a great change! If I could handle lots of button presses, I'd likely do something along the lines of your changes too.

My Extra button press (easy on console, not so much on PC) is the Bone Armour Skill. I can't believe how strong it is.

Thanks for taking the time to be thankful! I'm glad you're enjoying your return to the game.
"
"
MasterZoen wrote:
Spoiler
Hey, WoD, do you remember saying in the 3.7 thread that you were worried about maintaining enough corpses for Zombie Bombs? I was digging through a buddies stash on the site and noticed a funny pair of gloves. Here's the wiki link:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Aukuna%27s_Will

I saw these gloves and thought:

That would make a Cyclone-CWC-Fortify-Raise Zombie-Infernal Legion-Minion Speed combo that could be very nasty combined with a CWDT-Detonate Dead-SRS-Spirit Offering(if offerings affect you) or Immortal Call(if offerings don't affect you)! You wouldn't even need to be a Witch to do this setup!

Tell me what you think.

Edit: Just had another odd thought, switch out Fortify and Minion Speed for Vaal Summon Skeletons and Summon Raging Spirit... Um, yeah, that's a never ending wall of minions. I think at that point GGG would need to make a new skill effect for Cyclone that's made up of bones, brains and, flaming skulls! LOL
Hey MasterZoen,

I don't' remember much, but I do remember that :).

Those gloves would be perfect for the Zombie Bomb idea! It'd be a whole new build but that would be tons of fun! When it comes to bombs, I like the idea of more the marrier :). Thanks for showing me those. I don't ever look at unique items or the changes made to them so it's only through these threads that I learn what's new. That'd be tons of fun. (Maybe think of a channelling skill that's lightning so you could shock enemies (improved with Spiritual Aid on the tree). I'd also avoid resists for minions on the tree too.)
"
"
Spoiler
Just wanted to express my appreciation to WoD!

I've played PoE for a few months, but felt kinda lost'ish. No real direction, had a bunch of started builds, and never really progressed.

Well I decided to use this build in 3.8 and go hard at it. I'm happy to say that I am Lvl 88, wrecking things, and am totally addicted to it.

Just wanted to thank you for the build and build guide, as I am immensely enjoying the game, and plan to play it now for the foreseeable future.

The ONLY thing that I am still having problems with is Delve'ing. I don't understand it I get going deeper and deeper, and can pretty much handle it, but I've only really blown up two walls that were obvious to me, but I can't really seem to find any fossils or resonators, and I feel like I could do even more if I could identify more in delve.

However that is NOT a critique of this build, as delve activity is not covered, and technically is not part of the build, the build can handle it, just my brain can't :)

Thanks WoD!
Hey DrunkenJawa1275,

Thank you for taking the time to be so kind. This game took forever for me to figure out. And I still don't get portions of the game. Tagz and I will talk for long periods of time debating about what the wiki could mean about certain mechanics in certain gameplay conditions. The game keeps changing (in a good way). It'll always be lots to keep up on. But as you start grasping certain mechanics, others come into place as well. It just takes time :). Play what makes you smile :).

I'm glad you like the minion build. GGG really buffed it up this league. But it was pretty solid before this league, so even if changes come to minions in 3.9, this build will be totally fine.

If you have any suggestions for the guide or build, please let me know. I've modified the guide lots over time but I'm always looking to make it better.

I find Delve too much to care about. It's my favourite part of the game, but I don't care much for exploring. I just like endless waves of enemies. I only blow up the really obvious walls that are right beside the path I'm on (like you). That being said though, I'm not overflowing with Delve crafting currency either. But I play the way I like...and I haven't ever burnt out over the years as a result. Exploring in Delve is where the Delve currency really is which makes sense. This build can handle delve for sure. I just did a nice long Delve session. (Once I fixed my flasks (Quicksilver to Quartz) it was smooth sailing.) The one exploring thing I do enjoy is trying to find the locations on the map that don't have roads connected to them.

Thanks for such a kind message. The great thing about this game is that you don't really miss out by playing "your way" and what you prefer. If you have any questions about the game's content/mechanics you're welcome to ask on these threads. There are lots of helpful people that play a wide variety of ways.
"
"
stahs22 wrote:
Spoiler
Hello,

I have a really nice time with this build. Great job!

Cheers
Hey stahs22,

Thank you. You're very kind. I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

I know your question wasn't for me, but just in my opinion, unless you have Spiritual Aid on the tree, I'd keep them low level.
"
"
Spoiler

I'd love your feedback (only if you're up for it) on what I could improve on the guide. Is it missing anything that would have helped you further?

If I play poe, I will use your solutions. Poe is a very interesting, addictive gambling- With you: you dominate the game, adapt it to yourself, to your own health. It's important not to be dominated by the game. There is so much to do in the game that I don't know what to do, you wrote a little about it, but I lack strategy. Sorry, I don't speak the language well. Good job.
Hey narval2113,

It looks like you know exactly what to do. Amazing weapon! The only thing to improve is what everyone needs to do no matter what their rolls are: improve their life rolls on gear as better gear drops. It comes slow, just just keep on grinding. Your build looks great!

You're very kind. Thank you for such kind words and encouragement.

You bring up a good point. I think once I'm done my next/last guide, I'll really expand my "tips for newbies" section. I'll explain the story better, what to do after the story, how to deal with the Atlas and how things change as you get deeper in the atlas. I'm sorry you feel lost a bit. I'll see what I can do (in the near future).

If you have any specific questions, let us know and we'd be happy to help.

Thanks again for such a great post :).

I hope all are well and enjoying the league. Remember, be kind when trading!

Also, I for the first time in forever, was able to do a nice long PoE session. For those that are nervous about survivability with the guides exact setup...I had a couple more Guardian maps drop during the mentioned session so I decided to do one with the Zombie build (saved the others for other build examples). So here's a Vaaled Phoenix setup like the guide. By all means, go as defensive as you like. It makes perfect sense to. I'm just showing the video so those that follow the guide to a "T" know they don't have to worry once they hit the center of the atlas.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey! Thanks for the guide, it is very well detailed and helped me a lot.

If I wanted to turn the Elemental Equilibrium and Defense 4 Link into something more active, what whould I be using?

I understant it has to be something with lightning damage and no fire or cold damage. I have 2 ideas but I don't know which one would be better.

First idea, have a gem to support Ball Lightning instead of CWDT. options I come by could be Multiple Projectiles to affect more area as I understand the damage of this skill is not really important, just it to be lightning to trigger EE.

The second option like you recomend on the post would be a melee skill with fortify support. WHich melee skill would you recomend that fits all the conditions of elemental damages? And can this melee skills be used with a wand?

Thanks again, I love your content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info