3.8| Stress Free PoE - SLOW-MO ZOMBIES |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

I would like to thank you for this guide.

I have a newborn and this allows me to play a bit at night when its just her and me.
Really looking forward to rolling this build - have decided to go SSF for the Blight league and I now have both a Rotting Legion chest piece and a Baron helmet which dropped, so I think a minion build is meant to be!
hi!like ur build.i played it six months ago and trying now .its fun to make nothing.
but have one question :why every minion giving me +3 all elem resistences?

p.s AG setup with Dying Breath looks cool.
How u handle blighted maps i have hard times to complete tier 5 and up maps?
"
WELCOME to my SLOW-MO ZOMBIES guide :)!

Well done WoD. 3.7 was fun, 3.8 is crazy :) Blights are a great source of loot, and Minions make it too easy. The hardest part about the blights is trying to win with only one tick on the pump left (achievement)

Granted I'm only just finishing Act 10, so haven't started mapping yet but that Golem addition has made a huge addition..

My boast.. I just picked up a 20% Bone Helm with +2 socketted Gems. If only I had that imprint recipe thingy :) Still Regal'd it and it's still ok.

Anyway, just wanted to shout out again my thanks for the efforts.

Regards,

Dok
I got a bit of a late start on my Necro, but after playing one since Delve, the increase in power this League is quite noticeable. I had my smoothest A5 Kitava & A6 Brine King kills ever this time around - I'm just starting A7 but hoping to finish the story this weekend so I can get into maps.

Having the number of Zombies scale with gem level actually feels pretty good to me. Previously my process through the passive tree was focused on grabbing all the +Zombie nodes first and now that there are only two of those nodes, and they are relatively quick to get to, I feel like I have a lot more choice when I figure out where to go next in the tree.

I've found a couple "+1 Zombie" talismans but the stats were so terrible I didn't equip one yet. I'm going through content easily enough that I don't know that I need an extra Zombie enough to sacrifice the stats, especially given that I got lucky and found a Tabula at something like level 15 or 18 so I'm already running with no stats in one slot. (This League has been nuts - between my husband and me, we've found FOUR Tabulas so far. At least 2 were from Unique item nodes in Blight encounters.)

I will probably need to drop back from a Tabula to a 5L in my chest slot at some point for the stats, especially if I go for a dual wield wand setup for those juicy Zombie gem levels in pursuit of an 11th Zombie.

I also figured out I'm going to need to redo my item filters. They still emphasize Sceptres and there's literally no reason to pick those up anymore, as far as I can tell. >_<
Hey Everyone!

I hope everyone's killing well :). So I accidentally deleted some messages in my inbox before responding to them. So if you've PM'd me recently, please resend the PM so I can respond. Sorry for the inconvenience.

"
dsxy wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for the suggestion, I will check it out - I was looking for a build that didn't require a lot of button spamming, I screwed up my hand playing squash and do a lot of typing for work, I can only play my SA pathfinder for 20 minutes before I have to stop, this is an excellent alternative so thanks again for this build and guide, this is only my 2nd season so i'm still learning a lot!
Hey dsxy,

Awesome! I hope the guide/build helps. PoE is always changing/improving so you'll be caught up in no time. I'm sorry for your limitations. If you have any suggestions for the guide or build, please let me know. Thanks again :).
"
"
Spoiler
Hello!

Maybe I have a little question on this one?
Is it possible to use spectres instead of skellis?

I guess its maybe an good idea to use slave drivers for bosskilling dps?

And is there a way to switch shield charge in?

Thanks guys!

PS: I just wanna play around with Spectres + Zombies and just trying to get a good skilltree on that one :)
Hey Rashnaro,

You can totally use Spectres. Just replace the 4 sockets in the Skeleton link with whatever suites your chosen Spectres best.

You can use Shield Charge for sure. You'd replace the Ball Lightning and CwDT with Shield charge and Fortify.

Have fun! Let us know what you choose.
"
"
Jancela wrote:
Spoiler
"
Spoiler
Hello!

Maybe I have a little question on this one?
Is it possible to use spectres instead of skellis?

I guess its maybe an good idea to use slave drivers for bosskilling dps?

And is there a way to switch shield charge in?

Thanks guys!

PS: I just wanna play around with Spectres + Zombies and just trying to get a good skill tree on that one :)

I do believe that Slave Drivers do lightning damage so that can cause issue when EE procs from either Ball Lightning or Cyclone w/ lightning damage added.

How do you want to use Spectres? Do you mean to use them exactly like Skeletons with Infernal Legion and Minion Instability because then they would be consistently dying (which could be fun - cwdt raise spectres anyone?).

Or do you just feel lonely with no ghostly blue minions following you around? If that's the case then socket Raise Spectres anywhere you have a free socket in your gear and enjoy more minions.
Spoiler
I actually have Raise Spectres in my boots not linked to anything and they haven't died yet. I use my Spectres mostly for utility in that I run 2 Frenzy generating Chieftains, 1 Host (Power Charger) Chieftain, 1 Undying Evangelist (proximity shield), 1 Risen? Hellion (rallying cry, taunt). At some point I had my Spectres meat shielded while leveling so I was covered in proximity shields all the time. But now I like to live dangerously.

My deviation from the build is as follows:
Spoiler
(1) tweaked Cyclone cursing instead of cwdt ball lightning
(2) Raise Spectres in an empty socket buffing my other minions
(3) Golem Commander passive (sacrificed some other nodes temporarily for my selfish needs) to run a Stone Golem along with Carrion Golem.
(4) Is Holy Relic still part of this build? (It's chilling in a piece of jewelry.)
(5) Zombies are enjoying Summon Phantasms as their 6-Link at the moment.

Build play:
(1) in hideout, summon all 11 zombies, summon holy relic, and summon golems. (why u no persist minions like spectres?!?)
(2) zone into map, summon a set of Skeletons on occasion and just Cyclone through mobs while my minion army destroys all. (Sometimes I press a flask for a heal or dps.)
(3) Loot.
Hey Jancela,

Good post! Nice changes too. I like seeing what people do with the build. Under Build Play, #3 is my favourite.

I too wish minions without duration were persistent like Spectres (though that wasn't added long ago either).
"
"
Spoiler
Hi,

Can I use Vigilant Strike and Vigil to get fortify buff + EE(Phy>Light) so I can replace fortify in main zombie link for another damage gem?

P/S: I really like your builds and I am going to make this my 3rd char!
Hey Shards_Shadowsong,

Thanks. I'm glad you like them! It's fun to share what works for me. Thanks for taking the time to be thankful.

You can totally use that gem combo for this build. Awesome idea! It'd work perfectly as long as you're still dealing Lightning Damage somehow.
"
"
Ciukutus wrote:
Spoiler
Wrecker, your build was very good. Guaranteed me good fun!!

Unfortunately in my case, I am unable to complete T16 maps without dying to the bosses.

I usually die with a single shot... ;)

Spoiler

My items are not the most suitable but it was what I got best within the limitations of cromathic orbs, currency, etc.

In this map I died twice...

Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/Xy4GqLxt

Thanks for sharing your ideas with us!
Hey Ciukutus,

Thanks for such kind words! I'm glad you had a great time!

T16 bosses are way harder than the maps or any other enemies you'll have faced. Most of the time you want to avoid their damage completely unless you have a tanky build. (If that's more you liking My RF or Blocking build may be to your liking.) Our build for the guardian battles isn't going to take more than one or two hits without dying. The defence of the build comes from casting your skeletons once and simply watching your character's location and danger. I coincidentally did my example video on a Vaaled Hydra map. I rolled negative to resists so I had to play the avoiding game too. You rolled TONS of extra damage for the boss (Monster damage applies to bosses as well).

Map mods are the biggest factors for Guardian maps. But my rule of thumb is, if the build can get you there, it can kill the boss too. The key to guardian battles is knowing the fights well, which takes time. Other maps you can steam roll through but for guardians, it takes familiarity.

I hope that helps. Thanks again for your kind words :).
"
"
muthafragg3r wrote:
Spoiler
My good sir, let me say thanks for this guide. Being relatively new to POE, I've managed 4 builds so far. One is a Shadow Flame Surge Trickster, and while I will say it is a powerful character at level 83, it requires being alert and no mistakes. I love it.

After reading your guide, what caught my eye as a newbie was the relative low cost and how flexible the requirements are. As a beginner, that is appealing. Let me say, this witch and her minions are a blast to play and so far has carried me deathless through Act 4 with ease. When you said one button, you weren't kidding. I've melted every monster and boss so far with ease...and one button. Love it.

Of course I don't know yet for sure, but I think this character will take me to new depths in the mine. I never played a witch before, and her little remarks periodically are amusing as f. "Everything dies" aint no joke.

So anyway, many thanks for what is turning out to be a very fun and satisfying build to play.
Hey muthafragg3r,

Thank you very much. I appreciate the compliments and that you took the time to pass them on. I also really benefit from knowing why people clicked/tried out my guides. Thanks!

GGG really buffed minions this league. The build was solid before, so now it's just nuts. So even if GGG scales down minion for 3.9, we'll be all good.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for the build/guide. Thanks again :).
"
"
Logined wrote:
Spoiler
Hey man, I wonder if you tried the build where all minion damage is converted to chaos(the gloves where conversion depends on the slot color). Is it viable?
Hey Logined,

I have not tried that no. So I'm not sure how viable it'd be. But I have to say that bypassing enemies' ES would be way more devastating...if you could do it without much sacrifice.

Sorry I didn't have much for you there. Let us know how it goes if you try it.
"
"
SauMaris wrote:
Spoiler
Some movement skill for this build will be required, if we plant to finish the Atlas. Pillars of Arun will not be possible without a movement skill.

I am thinking whether I shall buy completion of the map or use some movement skill temporary.
Hey SauMaris,

That's correct. I suggest Flame Dash as an easy socket to input temporarily for the map completion. Skeletons will be your main damage there. So if you don't have a ring with a socket, I suggest putting Flame Dash in your last Zombie socket for the map.
"
"
armstrongxnxx wrote:
Spoiler
Your recomendation for Anointed is Golem Commander?
What do u think is the best Golem to use other than Carrion Golem? or use 2 Carrion?

i'm currently doing Tier 13 maps and been one shot more than i would like...

I thought using Chaos golem to mitigate some damage... what u think? (Gonna use an unset ring or some unique ring (Brinerot Mark) to put the extra gem golem if is the case)
Hey armstrongxnxx,

I'd do the Carrion Golem, ya. Before the Carrion Golem existed I had a Stone Golem instead. Any life regen helps. Many people that previously played this build enjoyed using the Chaos golem instead (like you're thinking). All three are great options. No right or wrong there. What kind of circumstances or damage type do you find is your biggest issue when you're getting one-shot?
"
"
badwilly wrote:
Spoiler
I would like to thank you for this guide.

I have a newborn and this allows me to play a bit at night when its just her and me.
Hey badwilly,

Most importantly! Congratulations on your new born! I hope everyone is healthy and well. You're on a marvellous road now. I pray the absolute best for you and yours.

Thanks for taking the time to be complimentative. I'm glad it words for you! Let me know if you have any suggestions for the build/guide.

I don't know if this is your 1st or 20th kid, and I know it's not my place at all but my two cents for you is to make sure you get some "ME" time. Every day, after the kids are in bed, I do nothing (which for me is PoE). No chores, no cleaning...just whatever I want. It keeps me refreshed EVERY day.

Thanks again for the kind message. I'm very happy for you.
"
"
KingTen87 wrote:
Spoiler
Really looking forward to rolling this build - have decided to go SSF for the Blight league and I now have both a Rotting Legion chest piece and a Baron helmet which dropped, so I think a minion build is meant to be!
Hey KingTen87,

Thanks! I hope you like it! This build won't take full advantage of the Baron but it'll coincide well for sure!

Good for you going SSF! Let us know what you think and if you have any questions! Thanks for the message!
"
"
Spoiler
hi!like ur build.i played it six months ago and trying now .its fun to make nothing.
but have one question :why every minion giving me +3 all elem resistences?

p.s AG setup with Dying Breath looks cool.
Hey Rainbow_Unicorn,

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! The build is quite a bit different with the new minion support gems hey?

To answer your question, the Bone Barrier ascendancy node gives us +3 to +30% Elemental Resists based on how many minions we have.

I love the Dying Breath unique as well.
"
"
Korpivaellus wrote:
Spoiler
How u handle blighted maps i have hard times to complete tier 5 and up maps?
Hey Korpivaellus,

I honestly just ignore everything...I just pick the closest tower to the pulsing thing and max the tower's cold damage (I love the slow). I then just stand at the pulsing thing and wait for the enemies to come to me. Zombies do tons, Vaal Skeletons does the bonus. It really hasn't been an issue (except for client crashes). The game slows down a lot when there are lots of monsters on the map at once, but I have better success with minion builds letting the monsters come to me.

Does that help at all?
"
"
Doktaduck wrote:
Spoiler
"
WELCOME to my SLOW-MO ZOMBIES guide :)!

Well done WoD. 3.7 was fun, 3.8 is crazy :) Blights are a great source of loot, and Minions make it too easy. The hardest part about the blights is trying to win with only one tick on the pump left (achievement)

Granted I'm only just finishing Act 10, so haven't started mapping yet but that Golem addition has made a huge addition..

My boast.. I just picked up a 20% Bone Helm with +2 socketted Gems. If only I had that imprint recipe thingy :) Still Regal'd it and it's still ok.

Anyway, just wanted to shout out again my thanks for the efforts.

Regards,

Dok
Hey Doktaduck,

Thanks :). You're very kind (as always). I'm quite pleased with the 3.8 changes to minions. And considering how the build was before, I'm not too concerned about any "nerfs" that may come our way in 3.9. I'm glad the league mechanics are going smooth for you.

Awesome Bone Helmet! Great job! I'm still working to find one of those.

Thanks for taking the time to be thoughtful. I appreciate it.
"
"
Katalaeia wrote:
Spoiler
I got a bit of a late start on my Necro, but after playing one since Delve, the increase in power this League is quite noticeable. I had my smoothest A5 Kitava & A6 Brine King kills ever this time around - I'm just starting A7 but hoping to finish the story this weekend so I can get into maps.

Having the number of Zombies scale with gem level actually feels pretty good to me. Previously my process through the passive tree was focused on grabbing all the +Zombie nodes first and now that there are only two of those nodes, and they are relatively quick to get to, I feel like I have a lot more choice when I figure out where to go next in the tree.

I've found a couple "+1 Zombie" talismans but the stats were so terrible I didn't equip one yet. I'm going through content easily enough that I don't know that I need an extra Zombie enough to sacrifice the stats, especially given that I got lucky and found a Tabula at something like level 15 or 18 so I'm already running with no stats in one slot. (This League has been nuts - between my husband and me, we've found FOUR Tabulas so far. At least 2 were from Unique item nodes in Blight encounters.)

I will probably need to drop back from a Tabula to a 5L in my chest slot at some point for the stats, especially if I go for a dual wield wand setup for those juicy Zombie gem levels in pursuit of an 11th Zombie.

I also figured out I'm going to need to redo my item filters. They still emphasize Sceptres and there's literally no reason to pick those up anymore, as far as I can tell. >_<
Hey Katalaeia,

The changes to this league are nuts hey? It's insane. But even if minion gems get scaled back in damage, the addition to the "behaviour" gems are amazing...and, as you said, the extra additions they gave to levelling some minion skills too.

I'm glad you've had such a great league. I haven't had a Tabula drop in forever!

I'm finding Blight has so much loot (like Delve) that I'm likely going to remove Scrolls of Wisdom and Portal Scrolls from my "strict" filter. If you try it out, let me know what you think.

It's hard finding the Zombie Talismans and not using them hey? I haven't had one drop with good stats yet either (ever). That's what I love about the game though :).

Thanks for the post/update! Let us know how the league goes!

Wow...good thing I sneak in Slow-Mo Guide replies on other guide days. Busy busy. Sorry this is so long.

Just a reminder, if you've PM'd me and I haven't responded, please PM me again. I accidentally deleted some messages I didn't intend to and I do want to respond to everyone. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks to everyone for being so kind and helpful to each other. You all make this a great place to learn the game. Thank you!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Hey Katalaeia,

The changes to this league are nuts hey? It's insane. But even if minion gems get scaled back in damage, the addition to the "behaviour" gems are amazing...and, as you said, the extra additions they gave to levelling some minion skills too.

I'm glad you've had such a great league. I haven't had a Tabula drop in forever!

I'm finding Blight has so much loot (like Delve) that I'm likely going to remove Scrolls of Wisdom and Portal Scrolls from my "strict" filter. If you try it out, let me know what you think.

It's hard finding the Zombie Talismans and not using them hey? I haven't had one drop with good stats yet either (ever). That's what I love about the game though :).

Thanks for the post/update! Let us know how the league goes!

I've gotten absurdly lucky with Tabulas. I've gotten a "natural" drop almost every League I've played. It's one of those Unique items that just seems to follow me around.

In terms of loot filters, Scrolls of Wisdom don't really bother me. I've been using a lot of low level orbs this League so I've actually been picking a lot of these up so far, ironically! I mentioned Sceptres specifically because in previous forms of the build we needed a form of melee damage (for Charged Dash or the like) and now it's no longer necessary. I just don't like updating my loot filters because...well, in a nutshell, I'm lazy XD

Once I get later in the game and can find larger chunks of life/resists on my gear I might try out one of the talismans. I've kept the best-rolled one I've found so far in my stash just in case, but the stats on them have been pretty terrible so far.
So far I've completed every red map (a couple of deaths to a tough legion mob) but everything has been pretty easy.

Killed hydra (but did die twice) as so much going on.

I'm thinking of trying lightning spells to apply the enfeeble/proc elemental equilibrium so I don't have to get so stuck in.

I tried stormbrand but found it a little clunky and range not so great - I'm almost out of mats to try more without screwing up my setup - is anyone here applying it manually and found a good solution?

cheers.

Vaal Skeletons in vaal caress gloves seems to work v well!
I use Arc instead of Ball of lightning, because of the chain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info