3.8 Zombiemancer 18 zombies, 3 golems OR 11 skellies, 25M+ OR 33M+ Shaper DPS 7K+Hp/ES

"
Aquiline_Fury wrote:

Would you care to link your character or make your profile un-private? I love the look of this build, but do agree that 5-6M DPS is still massively sufficient for everything in the game, and am curious as to how you go about making it more defensive.

Thank you.

Also great build OP. Looking forward to making this my league start in 3.8.


Sorry, but as UElder video in my signature tells, i'm not going to compete with other people for uniques for this build.
They are cheap for 8 leagues in a row, but i think i will make a guide some time later...
Pure melee skeleton build.
Uber elder kill - youtu.be/RyAeNLMUCc0
My fastest Hydra kill - youtu.be/QfzDDRtec4I
My fastest Chimera kill - youtu.be/sT69uZVFVlw
"
Kietay wrote:
Can you give a short explanation of differences between your build and the inspiration for your build?

You chose to add in skeletons and go pure life instead of ES. What are the advantages and disadvantages of your style vs the other in your opinion?


my initial thought after using the version with shapers touch and geofri's is that you get very little value out of your zombie leech. You also don't get a chance to stack the massive amounts of flat life you get from strength itself. I experienced quite a few points in time where i had no flask charges, no ES and low life with the ES variatiant, and i felt very vulnerable, as your life pool often isn't that big, so the zombieleech can't really help you alot. Whereas my take on it has very fast regen both from flat hp regen and the zombie leech.

I hope this gave you abit of insight into my thought process, and sorry for the late reply.. Classic as kept me busy ^^
"
Uoykai wrote:
"
Aquiline_Fury wrote:

Would you care to link your character or make your profile un-private? I love the look of this build, but do agree that 5-6M DPS is still massively sufficient for everything in the game, and am curious as to how you go about making it more defensive.

Thank you.

Also great build OP. Looking forward to making this my league start in 3.8.


Sorry, but as UElder video in my signature tells, i'm not going to compete with other people for uniques for this build.
They are cheap for 8 leagues in a row, but i think i will make a guide some time later...


actually alot of my kills doesn't even have skellies in them, or very little of them, as my zombies obliterate everything before i get to spawn them. The use i had for them was cleaning up maps since zombies were passive, and micromanaging zombies, but those are out the window, so i might try to swap them out for the new golem.

Also my profile should be public? I just checked, i don't have any of the private things checked off.
"
jlh165 wrote:
"
Qlidascope wrote:
we have reached the melee minion cap quite a ways back
There is a melee minion cap? There is a 60 minion achievements, and they put a cap on the number of melee minions? How many can we have active?


Not in how minions you can have, thats only limited by your ability to get gear and so on. What i mean is when you have a lot of minions, they actually stack up around a boss so much that theres no more room more minions. This means that we have minions just acting as a wall rather than attacking.
"
jlh165 wrote:
"
Uoykai wrote:
Elder staff/axe/sword with fortify will do the same
True, but unless the base type affects minions in a way I don’t know about, staves come with block chance, and none of the other bases have useful implicits. I’d rather have 18% chance to block attack damage than 6% increased AoE. I could always socket Maim, but I would prefer the option of replacing Fortify once I equip AG with Kingmaker. Granted it’s going to be extremely expensive this league.

I know you think Flesh & Blood and socketed Maim stack, but I need more than one person’s testing to rule it out completely. In any case it has a very short range, making it useful only if you are front lining with your minions. It was one of the main reasons I was debating elemental. I’m keeping my options open though, because I think it’s likely GGG will introduce a minion oriented buff and/or change Generosity in some way.

Using Triad Grip I can get 80% cold, 20% fire conversion, socketing Generosity, Hatred, Vaal Haste, Desecrate. If I remember right, I was getting about 9-10% more dps at the cost of the defenses on rare gloves. Not worth it unless the new content strongly favors elemental or melee auras get nerfed.



A major part in using a mace is that it cannot roll caster mods, which means the slam method is alot easier to succed with.
"
Qlidascope wrote:
A major part in using a mace is that it cannot roll caster mods, which means the slam method is alot easier to succed with.


Oh, that makes a lot of sense. It would make it much cheaper in both slam and alt.
"
jlh165 wrote:
What we know for certain is GGG said that Maim Support can support Flesh and Stone for additional increased damage taken. I know of nowhere else where GGG has announced they are not synonymous apart, and in both cases it reads "enemies maimed by this skill take #% increased damage."

This is by no means a conclusive test. I'm lazy and out of time for today, but I just fought Maligaro in Act 7. It took me 44, 40, and 42 seconds to kill him with only Maim 1/0, unarmed, and with a 1/0 Cyclone, augmented by a couple more damage multipliers. Adding in Flesh and Stone 6/20, it took me 35, 35, and 36 seconds. I'd have done it without maim and tried for an equivalent more multiplier from the gem, but like I said I ran out of time, and the maim was in my chest.

In any case the math checks out. There were no other sources of increased damage taken, so I had an average of 42 seconds at 110% increase and 35.33 at 126% increase. As best I can tell from the short test, the math checks out. If I ever get more time, I'll test it more properly...and hopefully find an easier boss to test on.


Bah,,,I had everything socketed in my chest together, so the Flesh and Stone was augmented by the Maim.... /facepalm

Well, again not very conclusive, nor the most accurate. I'd need something more stable, more long term, and more trials for any real conclusive evidence. However, I did the 6 runs again and had an average of 37.33s without F&B linked to Maim, and 35.33s with them linked. Given the Maim is only 1/0, I am inclined to believe that while they stack linked, they do not stack unlinked. Also, two of the runs without them linked were slightly faster with less downtime chasing the boss.

Edit: Location was Maligaro in Act 4.
Last edited by jlh165 on Aug 27, 2019, 10:54:10 PM
Hello, bro, plz make cpeap starter version about 1-2ex for new league :] ty.
"
n1quino wrote:
Hello, bro, plz make cpeap starter version about 1-2ex for new league :] ty.
He did...I will grant it isn’t a guide for new players, but he listed off the starter gear. You’ll want to either fudge the tree to fit in reduced mana reserved or drop an aura. In any case he has no reason to make anything in depth yet since the guide is only a few days old and will likely change in 3.8.

In general your starting gear should as always focus on life and res cap, followed closely by getting over 1000 strength for Zombie leech. At that point you continue to increase your strength and defensive stats via better rares. I myself plan to get either a Soulwrest or Arakaali’s Fang early if they are affordable. Both don’t require links and can take you into red maps if others are to be believed. However, neither are part of this build, and 3.8 will really tell what will be what.
"
jlh165 wrote:
"
n1quino wrote:
Hello, bro, plz make cpeap starter version about 1-2ex for new league :] ty.
He did...I will grant it isn’t a guide for new players, but he listed off the starter gear. You’ll want to either fudge the tree to fit in reduced mana reserved or drop an aura. In any case he has no reason to make anything in depth yet since the guide is only a few days old and will likely change in 3.8.

In general your starting gear should as always focus on life and res cap, followed closely by getting over 1000 strength for Zombie leech. At that point you continue to increase your strength and defensive stats via better rares. I myself plan to get either a Soulwrest or Arakaali’s Fang early if they are affordable. Both don’t require links and can take you into red maps if others are to be believed. However, neither are part of this build, and 3.8 will really tell what will be what.


What this man said. ^

Get baron -> stack 1000 str with baron.

A cheap setup would be something like this though.

Helm: The Baron
Amulet: Astramenti
Wep 1: Montegreul's
Shield: Rare with Str, life & resists.
Body armour: Saqaawals nest 5L
Boots: Alberons warparth
Gloves: Megniords vise
Rings: Strength, Life, Resists -> craft avian aspect on one of them.
Belt: Megniords girdle.

This should push you quite a way into the league, with lots of room to invest in upgrades.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info