Announcing Path of Exile: Blight

"
Socaro wrote:
"
Elhazzared wrote:

"
Elhazzared wrote:

On a side note since I'm talking about gameplay rewards. It is high time that GGG recognised the deep rooted issue that is the economy in PoE. Yes, the flippers will tell it's ok. They control the market after all. Yes the very good players will tell you it's ok, they make douzens of ex in a day so prices for them literally do not matter. Yes streamers will tell you it's ok, Most of them are on the very good level and many receive plenty of handouts so what do they care? But what above the other 90% of your playerbase? You know, the core that makes you exist in your current state as a very successful company? Fact is, the majority of players can't get a full build because they are too expensive. There is a very good reason why the majority of the playerbase is here for every new league but anywhere from 2 weeks in to a month the leagues start feeling dead as a lot of players leave the game and the market takes a hit due to the lack of item influx which yet drives the prices further up. The average players has 2 or 3 hours to play a day. They are not very good at the game, they are ok, but that's not enough to farm currency for their builds or the next they wanted to try, they may recognise some valuable rares at glance but most won't.

Currency flippers are annoying and a bit of the problem i agree. But i dont see problem with items, some are expensive and its due to the fact that there are either few of them or are hard to obtain (starforge, voidforg etc.) and power they provide is significant. And sure price of some items are going hiher and lower but thats mostly due to amount of currency ppl have at the time, prices go up at the first few days of the league then they stay or drop, occasionelly they go even hiher, depend of meta and accessibility of specific item. I think u are making mountain out of rock.

"
Elhazzared wrote:

An so on and so forth. This needs a solution because right now, PoE is being able to maintain the player base even with this kind of economy. Some people quit and come back like me. Some people quit forever like almost all of my freinds. Some people come in to try a game they didn't knew. For now the new players are what keeps the player base stable and healty, but eventually there will be enough bad rep that people will not even bother to try PoE. It's time to nip this problem on the bud. The answers to this are simple. If all orbs without exception can be bought, you cannot flip currency anymore. If items get tagged for something like a year where they cannot be sold for more than that were bought then items are not easy to flip at all. More importantly this allows you to create a market (not auction house) where people can easily buy and sell stuff which will not mess the economy of the game because flippers ceased to be an issue. Add to this an actually good crafting system where you chose all 6 affixes on the item (at lower levels than what can be rolled but at good enough levels that can get you started in farming) and you got a much better system in play. Reguardless of how, right now, this is the biggest issue (albeit far from the only one) that PoE faces).

Wow..thats just..ok..so ppl quit poe becous of economy, i heard new ppl who didnt get into poe complaining about wood mechanics, crafting and building being too complex, game being boring etc but i didnt heard any newbie ranting economy.
Buying cheaper and selling higher is essence of economy not only in poe but irl too. Your friends and others that quit poe because they cant recogonize if item is valuable or not or sometimes item change its value depending on shaping meta. So your solution to that is absolutely annihilate trading. "...they cannot be sold for more than that were bought.." Items go from garbage to sometimes buildenabling and u want me to sell them for max 1 alch, yes that would keep players. There wouldnt be problem with economy because there wouldnt be one.
Idea with orbs seems interesting tho. But if im not mistaken, ratio is better on market than with vendors.

But he is basically right. PoE does have the same issues with loot as did Diablo 3 before the Loot and crafting rework: You get crap Items 99,99% of the time.
I'm by no means a Hardcore Gamer. Don't have time for that. I managed to get three toons above 80 this league and not one is fully equipped or would have been possible without friends helping out. Yet none I would call "finished".
That is a huge Problem for a loot based game: Loot does not feel rewarding. I don't even need bleeding edge items. That is OK. But even second or third rated items in a slot are hard to come by.

As far as I am concerned, there are two options: Fully support and embrace trade or rework loot and craft mechanics.

These Problems might not be yours. Not even for a large part of the Forums community (people posting here). But I can assure you, it's a Problem for the vast majority of Players that can only play 15 hrs a week or less.
"

But he is basically right. PoE does have the same issues with loot as did Diablo 3 before the Loot and crafting rework: You get crap Items 99,99% of the time.
I'm by no means a Hardcore Gamer. Don't have time for that. I managed to get three toons above 80 this league and not one is fully equipped or would have been possible without friends helping out. Yet none I would call "finished".
That is a huge Problem for a loot based game: Loot does not feel rewarding. I don't even need bleeding edge items. That is OK. But even second or third rated items in a slot are hard to come by.

As far as I am concerned, there are two options: Fully support and embrace trade or rework loot and craft mechanics.

These Problems might not be yours. Not even for a large part of the Forums community (people posting here). But I can assure you, it's a Problem for the vast majority of Players that can only play 15 hrs a week or less.

I agree with that there is a lot of junk loot but we were talking about economy and not loot system. And better loot for everyone wouldnt change economy too much.
Crafting is essencial thing in poe so i wouldnt care too much on junk stuff and crafting decend gear isint expensive and difficult. There are tons od builds that are good on budget ssf gear that u can farm currency with.

If u are able to get 3 chars to lv80 in 3 months (that dont take too long to get) than its your fault not games. I feel like u all would like to be rewarded for nothing and would like to have full gear in 2 days like in d3. But that's different game and it need time to get good gear and that's nothing bad.

Game doesnt have to change just because u dont have time to play or are dont Play effective. If i dont have time to play hardcore pvp mmo that require time than i either dont Play it or keep things casual, i dont go on forum and cry that i cant have things that other ppl, that put 3 times more time in game, have.
Lovely. We can now enjoy deep delving without 60% all resistance penalty since we can have another character gathering and sharing tonnes of sulphite from end-game maps
GGG go home, you're drunk!
Is it Thursday August 22 (PDT) yet?
Well, at least I won't have to split my time between Standard and 3.8.

Skipping 3.8 entirely, as Plants vs. Exiles isn't really a thing that should exist.

Time to chase Hits Can't Be Evaded in Standard full-time! Thanks GGG! :(
My advice for next league:

make some five legendary T20 map with open acces in zana for 5c to everybody (although only after reaching all maps on atlas), and player quest is to kill all mobs and finall boss in the shortest time.

First 10 people with the fastest score get extra awards from GGG, like skins etc.

or add this to core:

- every 7 days in new league, GGG open portal to this race. After 7 days they reward players and open portal to another one. I think this would be much better.
Last edited by Mystonam on Aug 22, 2019, 9:40:15 AM
"
Socaro wrote:
"

I agree with that there is a lot of junk loot but we were talking about economy and not loot system. And better loot for everyone wouldnt change economy too much.
Crafting is essencial thing in poe so i wouldnt care too much on junk stuff and crafting decend gear isint expensive and difficult. There are tons od builds that are good on budget ssf gear that u can farm currency with.

If u are able to get 3 chars to lv80 in 3 months (that dont take too long to get) than its your fault not games. I feel like u all would like to be rewarded for nothing and would like to have full gear in 2 days like in d3. But that's different game and it need time to get good gear and that's nothing bad.

Game doesnt have to change just because u dont have time to play or are dont Play effective. If i dont have time to play hardcore pvp mmo that require time than i either dont Play it or keep things casual, i dont go on forum and cry that i cant have things that other ppl, that put 3 times more time in game, have.

Well no, just no. It's all about a smooth Progression and lets be honest here: There is non. As a normal person you either trade (if prices don't outpace your farming capabilities) or you hit a brickwall.
And I don't care what other people do, do not, have or have not. It's about how I and propably the (mostly silent) majority experiences the game. And yes, I assume the majority of people has a full time job, family, household, friends and other hobbies too - which inherently puts all those into the casual corner.
I don't care about effort. But it has to be fun, not just more work and brainless timesink. I already waste enough time working (and honestly I do get more fun out of working than I did get playing e.g. D3). Guess the result.

So yes, the game has to change to a degree - constantly. Or it dies. That is how the world currently works. And like I said before - either the game finally embraces trading and supports it with a proper trading platform (not necessarily an auction house) or Loot has to be reworked.

You can clearly see what's going on with Players when looking at the season statistics.

TL;DR I don't really care who has which shiny toys. I care about proper progression and there is none.
Give us Trade without Trade API and WEB/PM combination.
Also this nonsense and two op skills each league are rlly boring can't you do that better balanced after 1000 balance leagues? (or still not enopgh support packs sold for the same thing again and again?)

Tower defense looks so stupid in meta driven one-shot solo game, seems failure as was beastiary league before necromantic nets. Even now implementation of that Einhart joke looks dumb and useless.

PS. If you can conclude by name, Blight league will be a failure like was Blight skill on release... unusable and worthless, a real waste of so good name for tra$h.
Last edited by Coolmer on Aug 22, 2019, 10:22:39 AM
"

Well no, just no. It's all about a smooth Progression and lets be honest here: There is non. As a normal person you either trade (if prices don't outpace your farming capabilities) or you hit a brickwall.
And I don't care what other people do, do not, have or have not. It's about how I and propably the (mostly silent) majority experiences the game. And yes, I assume the majority of people has a full time job, family, household, friends and other hobbies too - which inherently puts all those into the casual corner.
I don't care about effort. But it has to be fun, not just more work and brainless timesink. I already waste enough time working (and honestly I do get more fun out of working than I did get playing e.g. D3). Guess the result.

So yes, the game has to change to a degree - constantly. Or it dies. That is how the world currently works. And like I said before - either the game finally embraces trading and supports it with a proper trading platform (not necessarily an auction house) or Loot has to be reworked.

You can clearly see what's going on with Players when looking at the season statistics.

TL;DR I don't really care who has which shiny toys. I care about proper progression and there is none.

I have fulltime job, firends, home chores, other games and stuff and i dont see problem. I pick starter build that require none gear i go through acts and early maps with ssf gear and am making currency to then either upgrade current build or for other more gear needy build. I honestly didnt ever had problems with that. Only time i do have finance problems are when i change builds every 1/2 days, but if u do that problems are to be expected. For me its still too fast to mid/ end gear chars, unless we talking about mf or other heavy money consuming builds, but there is very few of them.

And yes, game has to change constantly, but not always how u would like. After all u cant pleased all.

And speaking of poe.trade...its fine, not best but definitely fine, only problem i have is currency trade. It take too damn long to find someone to trade currency with, but uniques or even rares its alright, no big complains here.

Btw maybe i just missundersand what u mean by proper progression.

"
Coolmer wrote:
Give us Trade without Trade API and WEB/PM combination.
Also this nonsense and two op skills each league are rlly boring can't you do that better balanced after 1000 balance leagues? (or still not enopgh support packs sold for the same thing again and again?)

Tower defense looks so stupid in meta driven one-shot solo game, seems failure as was beastiary league before necromantic nets. Even now implementation of that Einhart joke looks dumb and useless.

PS. If you can conclude by name, Blight league will be a failure like was Blight skill on release... unusable and worthless, a real waste of so good name for tra$h.

Why cant u play not op skills? I very often dont play op skills and im heaving blast, also i dont have porblems with making currency. U think its easy as that to make all skills equal good? Most skills are viable and good, some outshine others but it doesnt mean u cant play them.

We didnt even played single time yet all ppl just jumps into conclusions and trash TD out. Remember syndicate where everyone were ripping like crazy? Maybe there will be use for those towers even in lategame. U dont like TD at all? Well tough luck, u gonna sit this one out. If they would do only leagues similar to breach everyone would complain "ehh..and again breach X.0", they try to do something different that might be fun and u still complain. U are never satisfied. Those forum prophets constantly doomed evrything before even trying, i bet a lot of prophets here didnt even watch trailer, only heard TD and went straight on forum and trashtalk.

Btw, not saying that this league will be best league ever made, but lests wait with those "itll be trash league" prophecies. And i like TD idea.
Last edited by Socaro on Aug 22, 2019, 11:04:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info