Development Manifesto: Legion as a Core Game Mechanic

"
Deliverme wrote:
Happy to see legion added to the game in some fashion. That said, unless significant changes are made to Temple, this just further dilutes it when it is already way too difficult to get T3 corruption room. I literally didnt get one the entirety of Legion, and I have a 98 and a 95. So plenty of time played.

Please fix Temple :(

they really should just let us skip rooms and have it spawn a different encounter the next time to give more control over what it ends up as.

i started with a t1 corruption room, and didnt get it once for the next 12 tries/ did many temples and never got the t3 corruption room.

they add bloat and mechanics but then make it so we can never get them.
"
illleech wrote:
Guys... Devs...

I believe you've read it like 123213123 times already but this league was not good at all in terms of balance and further development of the Game.

The only builds that are viable (not good, exactly viable) for Legion content are those that can clear screen with 2-3 actions.
With such leagues a player will not even want to try some new and/or cool builds because the player will simply have to skip content that You have been working on, no doubt, so hard.

Best wishes and no offence.

"
nadakuu wrote:
dimishing returns from an already very limited amount of splinter access..

soo this will be a once a year occurance now.
i expected them to add it to core and buff the amount of splinters per encounter.

why add this to core at all if it will take months on end to see the encounter once?

what game are the devs playing - their are completely out of touch with the game.

100% agree. They lost mind. Making content for 0.5% people thats madness.
This was more than i could hope for, although i do not at all agree about the idea of not implementing legion to the core leveling process, the leveling process is already BORING, adding very rewarding but rare legion encounters to the leveling process, would be a good thing imo. Few things are done to let people like me (who play through the leveling process over and over) to profit and have fun or speed up the process
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Thats really great! GJ GGG
so breach splinters shall mostly come from breaches, GGG?

But in the same game you nerfed breaches a while ago so hard that they are worse than any other sextant monster mod? People even skip breaches if its not a chayula one, LOL.
You get like 5 splinters per breach BUT at the same time you make entire BREACH STONES (20! times the value) drop from other league content instead from a breach boss in a breach? ARE U EVEN LISTENING TO YOURSELF?

AND another 10% content. Have u not learned anything from the bloody infrequent feeling of breach and abyss spawns? Oh right, lets fix this by sextants and nonexistant scarabs. JUST GO ON POE.TRADE AND BUY THOSE INSTEAD OF PLAYING THE GAME, 4HEAD.

GGG PLS ...... WTF IS THIS SHIT?
in theory legion and the domain are nothing but fun. but then it requires a millions of dps build to actually do the domain as intended. diminishing returns doesn't let casuals experience the respawn at all, since the boss life is like ten times a delve boss.

it's frustrating when you roll through maps like nothing and when you do some 5 lv lower league content, it either one shots you or is dealt no damage at all, but poe leagues are always this way, especially in the beginning. meanwhile rogue exiles have less life than all but small rares.

it's just when don't play any of those far too strong meta builds, you don't get to experience the full spectrum of the content in the game.
I remember when sacrifice of the vaal was new and atziri was the first different endgame from doing maps, someone (probably chris) said you wanted to design endgame content for specific builds, like going in a certain direction for each of these endgame options. I feel now it's just what you need is: 5million dps at least and you're good to go. have fun.

hopefully there will be a time when ridiculous damage is no more and everyone can enjoy the content you create in all its beauty, but as of now this seems highly unlikely.

don't want to be a downer, though, legion is a lot of fun and I'm happy to see it in core. the encounters are intense and rewarding. it's just the bosses who aren't really worth it.
Hey, hey! It's the Postal Dude! Get him!
I can imagine how much maraketh splinters will cost in the new league.
dead game
bring back 3.13
Awesome!
And this is why I don't play leagues anymore. I mean they sure are tons of fun, but if the content's good, it comes to Standard anyway sooner or later :D
Wonderful

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info