[3.13] [SSF] Essence Drain Beastmode || Ultimate Guide to Solo Self Found

Hey all,

started this league with a soulrend build but quickly realized that gem is trash and the investment i needed to simply run red maps was far above what i was willing to put in.

Decided to swap over to ed/cont since it was pretty easy and inexpensive, so far i don't have much money left, but was wondering what would be the number 1 thing i should focus on right now to improve my character.

If anyone would be able to help me i'd greatly appreciate, i have 1 ex left so my currency is running pretty low.
"
jimjak94 wrote:
Hey all,

started this league with a soulrend build but quickly realized that gem is trash and the investment i needed to simply run red maps was far above what i was willing to put in.

Decided to swap over to ed/cont since it was pretty easy and inexpensive, so far i don't have much money left, but was wondering what would be the number 1 thing i should focus on right now to improve my character.

If anyone would be able to help me i'd greatly appreciate, i have 1 ex left so my currency is running pretty low.

Hey there and welcome! Biggest increase in DPS for your build will be the +3 bow. I'd suggest running a 6-link on Tabula till you gather the currency and then buy the bow or craft it yourself. You won't find anything that'll boost your DPS more than that!
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
jimjak94 wrote:
Hey all,

Hey there and welcome! Biggest increase in DPS for your build will be the +3 bow. I'd suggest running a 6-link on Tabula till you gather the currency and then buy the bow or craft it yourself. You won't find anything that'll boost your DPS more than that!

I ended up wasting almost 2 exaults on trying to 6 link ym armor, failed miserably, so am now running a tabula with a corrupted lvl 3 empower.

Now i assume my next best move would be to just farm and farm untill i can get 5 exalts to make the bow. Sad day today
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
kobielak13 wrote:
ops didn't know, fixed ;) thx for trying to help

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/kobielak13/characters?characterName=Kobielak_Metamorph

https://pastebin.com/zuJaCtXH

Hey there, just found some time to look into your PoB. Right now you're sitting at about 440k Shaper DPS on your ED. While that isn't bad at all, we of course want to max out the DPS so you have a smooth experience with higher tier bosses.

Check out the difference in damage with a crafted bow:

Quite significant, right? Damage climbs up to 600k on ED. If you get a 21^20 ED and level the Empower to 3 it'll jump to 750k, which is almost double your current DPS. It really is all in the gem levels. It'll also free up some nodes on the passive tree since you don't need the shield nodes anymore, pushing you to about 6k life and giving you another 2 jewel sockets.

By SSF-viable I mean that you don't need any specific uniques that you have to be lucky to find. Everything can be crafted with enough time. :)

woah I did not expect that with having +2 from wand+shield so didn't even check how much bow differs o.O Yeah that will be my next priority
Hey there,

First of all. Thank you for this amazing build and work you put into. It really stands out and I'm getting curious to try that one out. Just 2 questions on that.

1.Is this build viable for SSF? Hopefully so because I highly dislike trading and want to keep it SSF

2.Is this build adaptable to a Scion? Weird question I know because the class basically is just the toon you are actually playing but I just love the Scion so I'm wondering if this works on Scion and if so which Ascendancies to choose to make this thing work. It doesn't have to be that efficient as the original but does it work at all or are there things you are not allowed to miss on terms of Ascendancy?

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you ♥
"
Nevaala wrote:
Hey there,

First of all. Thank you for this amazing build and work you put into. It really stands out and I'm getting curious to try that one out. Just 2 questions on that.

1.Is this build viable for SSF? Hopefully so because I highly dislike trading and want to keep it SSF

2.Is this build adaptable to a Scion? Weird question I know because the class basically is just the toon you are actually playing but I just love the Scion so I'm wondering if this works on Scion and if so which Ascendancies to choose to make this thing work. It doesn't have to be that efficient as the original but does it work at all or are there things you are not allowed to miss on terms of Ascendancy?

Heya, thanks for your kind words! :)

1. A build like this is easier to build in SSF than others since you do not require a 6-link for this to function. Early on you don't even need a Tabula, a 5-link body armour will suffice until you get an Empower gem to level 2 / 3 / 4. You should prioritize farming Porcupine cards in maps (Gardens, Plaza, Terrace) and grind through some prophecies for the multimod craft from Pale Court. After that you can craft the bow I describe in one of the sections and transition from wand + shield to wielding the bow. Without Empower it's not significant enough a difference in terms of investing time and currency. Of course, you need Exalts to craft the mods, but it's well worth it. The character I made in Legion league was entirely SSF, so anyone can do it really.

2. I haven't personally tried building the character in PoB as a Scion. There's no real reason to do that since all the damage over time stuff isn't available with Scion Trickster and other small ascendancies like Occultist don't provide much in terms of DPS for ED as well. Therefore, I do not advise a Scion tree for this build. There's little to no benefit from doing so unfortunately. You can of course adjust my pathing to fit with Scion, but you'd lose damage, a lot of defensive stats and skill effect duration, all of which make the experience that much smoother.

Merry christmas to you too and happy new year! :)
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Nevaala wrote:
Hey there,

Heya, thanks for your kind words! :)

1. A build like this is easier to build in SSF than others since you do not require a 6-link for this to function. Early on you don't even need a Tabula, a 5-link body armour will suffice until you get an Empower gem to level 2 / 3 / 4. You should prioritize farming Porcupine cards in maps (Gardens, Plaza, Terrace) and grind through some prophecies for the multimod craft from Pale Court. After that you can craft the bow I describe in one of the sections and transition from wand + shield to wielding the bow. Without Empower it's not significant enough a difference in terms of investing time and currency. Of course, you need Exalts to craft the mods, but it's well worth it. The character I made in Legion league was entirely SSF, so anyone can do it really.

2. I haven't personally tried building the character in PoB as a Scion. There's no real reason to do that since all the damage over time stuff isn't available with Scion Trickster and other small ascendancies like Occultist don't provide much in terms of DPS for ED as well. Therefore, I do not advise a Scion tree for this build. There's little to no benefit from doing so unfortunately. You can of course adjust my pathing to fit with Scion, but you'd lose damage, a lot of defensive stats and skill effect duration, all of which make the experience that much smoother.

Merry christmas to you too and happy new year! :)

Ah thanks a lot for this very fast and impressive answer. Those are some great news. I'm a comeback player from the ancient years of PoE 2014. So I lack a lot of knowledge of the new game mechanics and everything there is. Playing SSF feels the best way to learn the game from scratch and trading was never a thing for me. So this is great news for me.

Sadly for my beloved Scion. She has to sit out until I find some real good build for her (my actual one works "kind" of well but this was a first time "test". Still trying myself out).

But I will try out this build. This league or the follow up league. It's just amazing to read and you can feel the intense effort you put into it. I'm deeply grateful for sharing this build and the information with me.

Best wishes to you for the next year dear friend

Yours truly

Helaen ♥
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
jimjak94 wrote:
Hey all,

Good news, i pulled all the RNG i could possibly muster and managed to get the +1 lvls of socketed gems bow withing 50 alts, 1 regal and 1 annull.

So right now i need 3 more exalts to finish crafting the final bow, following the guide i just crafted T3 chaos dmg max roll on it and called it a day.

Apart from getting the final full bow, is there anything else in my gear you think i should work on ? Perhaps a new armor considering it would be almost impossible to get the colors i need on this one, unless i vorici it
"
jimjak94 wrote:
Good news, i pulled all the RNG i could possibly muster and managed to get the +1 lvls of socketed gems bow withing 50 alts, 1 regal and 1 annull.

So right now i need 3 more exalts to finish crafting the final bow, following the guide i just crafted T3 chaos dmg max roll on it and called it a day.

Apart from getting the final full bow, is there anything else in my gear you think i should work on ? Perhaps a new armor considering it would be almost impossible to get the colors i need on this one, unless i vorici it

Good news indeed, congrats! I think body armour will be next step actually, but you can gather some currency before you do as it provides you a lot of life right now
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Dec 27, 2019, 11:25:32 AM
Just got into mapping and I'm a little concerned with its single target damage against metamorphs. I know my equipment isnt great yet, but before i drop more currency into refining this build, is it worth it in the endgame for single target damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info