Animation Feedback

not sure if the new animation on shock nova is a bug or not, but if it isn't - it needs to be changed back to the way it was, along with the effect if the animation is an accurate indication of how it is currently working - which i think it is.
This is a blended comment - part animation, part environmental. I noticed this particularly in the Church dungeon; when a CryptWalker is coming down the stairs, the legs appear to 'phase' through the side of the stairs as it steps off the stairs.

Similar vein on Cryptwalkers; their feet appear to 'sink' into the steps on the stairs.

The Crypt spiders animations are fantastic! Especially when they climb up the walls and transition to the floor from the walls!

Fantastic game to play - very decent!

On Cruel; - holy smokes! Playing as a Ranger, and the King Hillock looked like a pincushion from all of the arrows I shot into it!

Great job guys - not an easy task that you have set for yourselves, yet your commitment and response to the players is appreciated!!
I now have Beta access; best of luck to all on getting your own key!
Last edited by Xeres on Dec 20, 2011, 4:03:13 PM
Cleave feels a bit too unnatural, as in, it doesn't seem to interact physically with the enemies.
Last edited by Tank_The_Shredder_Evans on Dec 20, 2011, 9:54:34 PM
The ghost monsters in Shipgard was Awsome, and how they attack and die was something never seen before in rpg game =))..

Something i wounder, in Prisions Gate area, would nice with more ranger monsters.. Maybe comes higher levels.
I am veteran i have follow Poe sense November 2010.
A problem with one of the Duelist's dagger animations. He bends his wrist and it looks really off. I think that particular animation only played when using a dagger with no shield. At least when I picked up a shield I didn't seem to get that one anymore.

<Dregs of Theopolis>
~US Eastern~

*Hardcore PoE fan since September 2, 2010*
I highly agree with updating character animation for some of the classes.

More than that though, I think weapon impact needs a LOT more UMPH! More epicness, more impact.
Overall great job!

the previous feedbacks are generally good.
open chests animations are slow, yes, but realistic so I don't care at all.

the only thing I really miss is the Block Shield or weapon block animation.
if there's one i've never managed to see it.

I think it's important to be able to see it clearly.
a shield block animation is full part of the fighting animation, defensive stances are a big part of any fight, not only mindless full attacks.
... nothing
"
__Z__ wrote:
the only thing I really miss is the Block Shield or weapon block animation.
if there's one i've never managed to see it.
There are different block animations for blocking with shields/weapons. They play whenever you block an attack which would have stunned you, for the same duration the stun animation would have played (usually 350ms).
It's very important that the blocking animation doesn't play for longer than that or at other times, as that would make blocking a negative thing for the character due to interrupting their actions.
ok I understand.
so it's played only when a stun hit is blocked.
maybe that's why i don't saw it.
normal block routine aren't showed in order to avoid a block lock animation as in D2 (which was full part of the game's mechanics).
with "unwavering stance" blocks are never showed ?

what about having some sort of state bar which can show (maybe with little colored highlighted buttons? around the life bar?) your character status : stunned, had blocked, made a crit, take a crit, poisouned (dot), cursed...?

right now in the heat of the fights I can't manage to follow what's my real weakness's are.
and what's affecting my character accurately.
of course there's on the left higher corner, some icons when you're under spell effect, but i don't think it's enough.
in an RPG point of view you should always know what's damaging and impairing you.
in fact if you "are" the character you know when something bad happen. in the game they are so much visual info that's it's sometime hard to see that you're poisonned, stunned etc...
i know that's it's not traditional to show clearly thes kind of information in ARPG, but maybe...
... nothing
Last edited by __Z__ on Feb 7, 2012, 1:33:35 AM
I've been playing a Marauder mainly. I was dual wield spec'd. Now I'm 2h like a proper mara. I feel like the animations aren't very unique. I know that all the skills I'm using require me to swing my large axe in a menacing manner, but I still feel that they are very similar.

Cleave looks a lot like heavy strike, looks a lot like infernal blow, looks a lot like auto attack. Don't get me wrong, I love the game play. But I remember when Diablo 2 introduced the "new" whirlwind animation with the waves of air trailing the weapon. That was holy crap awesome.

I don't know how much was intended for the melee skills, but I think the animations are a little lacking.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info