3.7.4 Deployment Downtime Incident Report

Owning mistakes is one of the best things you can do in life. As always, I appreciate the open communication you guys provide on this sort of thing. Learn from your mistakes and become better the next time, that's one of the only things we can control in life.
Wow, GGG. I've never read a post from a developer saying "yeah we effed up, here's what happened and how we're gonna improve so that it shouldn't happen again.". You're all awesome and the post alone made me not care a god damn second about the downtime.

Thank you.... I just thanked a game dev for a mistake.. We live in interesting times.
"
This is absolutely astonishing.

I have never met a company so open with their player base , never met one that had enough respect for their players that they admit and take responsibilities for their mistakes as a company and personal mistakes. I might have been mildly frustrated but understood this stuff happens but reading this I feel like im entering that highschool crush phase. I love GGG , you guys do go above and beyond for your players including keeping us in the loop which is rare. I hope this openness with your players continues as a regular thing as it truly is unique from a player stand point and I wanted to take the time to say...

Thank you GGG for the hard work you put into the game , all the work you put into to keeping us up to date of issues that arise and being a real company that understands and values communication. Keep up the great work.

They have actually posted a write up like for every single unexpected downtime or rollback that has taken place over the years.

I believe this is the 4th one, in 7 years.
how large is this patch? Is it ready to patch? Resource checking still rolling and won't update. :(
Omg I read this text and I cried... Is so beautiful this !
I lost an exalt drop :(
Thanks for sharing the report, Jonathan!

Your openness is much appreciated; this does a great deal in continuing to inspire confidence. I can only imagine how long your checklists must be, but am glad to hear that you are still adding to them.
Oh no what happened to my Headhunter?LOL, jokes aside, i really apreciate your open communication with the community and your sincere apology and explanation of what happened. That's something other "evil" companies have lost and it will be their ruin. I'm still supporting you GGG and you have my respects.
I started playing PoE since the race league right before Incursion. I was never into ARPG games. In fact, I hated them (for no reason). I was always the "run and gun" player who played games like CounterStrike and Call of Duty.

The first Saturday that I played this game, I played for over 13 hours. I've NEVER done that with a game. GGG, you've all developed such an incredible game, and in turn, have created such an amazing community.

As an escalation engineer for a software development company, myself, I appreciate the openness and explanation of the issue. Thank you for everything that y'all do. Thank you for this incredible game.

Bad stuff is gonna happen....things can go South during a patch update. Such is the nature of the software industry. We are behind you, and support you through it all.
A master class in how a company should respond/react to a mistake that impacts their users/customers. Bravo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info