3.7.4 Deployment Downtime Incident Report

I missed most of the downtime and the rollback, so I am relatively unimpacted by the entire thing.

HOWEVER, I would like to drop in and thank the GGG dev team, and specifically Jonathan, for the point by point post on what went wrong, at what times, mistakes that were made, and addresses moving forward.

I have played many other games where patch time is extended, and extended, and extended, and there is never an explanation; games where events end early or do not start on time, again without explanation.

While you note that this is not the quality of service - in terms of downtime, gameplay impact, lost play time / loot, etc - this is EXACTLY the quality of communications that gamers desire, and that GGG continually delivers.

Thank you for the clarity you brought to the issue.

And fly free.
Phynyx
send positive vibes to GGG
I was not affected by this issue, but I feel better about GGG's approach as a whole seeing this level of transparency in explaining what's happening to the game & why.

Plus, it really is just interesting to know =)

Thanks.
Quick question:

In the period after the patch and before the rollback, some items of value dropped for me. Those are now gone. I have screen shots of them dropping. (I always do with stuff of value).

Is there a chance to get that back?

In any case, thank you for the transparent post. Shit happens!
Last edited by lemimique on Jul 25, 2019, 12:37:12 AM
Being open and honest about a mistake is so...wonderful. Now we know exactly what happened - what mistakes were made and how they will be prevented.

+1 to the Team at GGG. This...this is why Im a part of POE.
coming with the truth is always better..

as long you improve from your mistakes of course otherwise it's just a silent truth..

and no, I could point out what has been said alot by now but beating the dead horse isnt my style.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Jul 25, 2019, 12:38:51 AM
GGG you are by far the NUMBER 1 SUPREME Company when it comes to relationship with your fanbase and players. Don't worry, these things can happen.

We love you guys!
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
"
Nubatack wrote:
No biggie

"
SH1FT1 wrote:
I have only been playing Path of Exile since the start of Legion

Mad respects for starting in hc, keep it up cowboy
May the Dominus be with with you

Thanks man. Funnily enough during my first Dominus fight I didn't know I had to stay close to him when he did the blood rain thing so... Rip on that one hahaha.
Thanks for the explanation. Once again GGG shows great communication with the community, you guys are the best!
"
"...our QA processes didn't catch the issue"

I've been playing PoE for nearly 7 years. I keep seeing this same sentence over and over again. This is what stops me from giving you more money.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info