"
putblug wrote:

I was waiting for someone to do this.

could be the new Rick Roll.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Cute. Everyone keep jawing how Cyclone is so uber good and this is just more ammo (justification) for GGG to nerf hammer it for next league. It'll probably happen anyway as way too many are using it now screwing with GGG's desire for build diversity but still.

All the more reason to jump on the train and enjoy the ride while it lasts. I started this league with Bladestorm Gladiator but I was not happy with it (it was apparently bugged and GGG fixed it after I abandoned it). My true starting character was ED/Contagion Trickster that farmed Legion up to mid-tier maps like mad but survival became issue in red-tier maps. I farmed enough currency with my Trickster to craft myself nice Exquisite blade for Cyclone. I went with Champion for some extra single-target power but clear speed is not too shaby either (Slayer or Berserker might be faster in clear speed though). I loved Cyclone before 3.7 but I usually made a Ngamahu's Flame version in previous leagues. Pure physical is the way to go in 3.7 in my opinion and it playes like magic. Survival is nasty red tier maps is still an issue stars align in Legion encounters but normal map bosses, Shaper guardians or Elder does not stand a chance.

My nemesis is Atziri where I kill myself on her damage reflect. When I encountered her in Temple I killed myself 3 times before I realized it is that 2% reflect that is killing me due to how high my damage output is. I had to deliberately replace one damage dealing support for life gained on hit gem and not attack in Blood stance. It troubled me for a bit but than I realized this is good trouble to have, ie. too much damage.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
GhostlightX wrote:
I assume by f'in amazing, you mean "OP as f*k"?

When it is so very easy to make your main spam cost 0 mana - even when it is 6L, hits the entire screen and tops near 100k dps with seriously crap gear - something is up, right?

If that was the definition of OP cyclone is about the worst skill in the game :p

Please name another skill that does that and I will make a build round it right now. 100k dps with seriously crap gear, remember, and must cost 0 mana. I forgot to mention I was only level 68, but whatever.
Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+ can lose many days of progress.
Last edited by GhostlightX on Jul 23, 2019, 7:12:59 AM
"
GhostlightX wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
GhostlightX wrote:
I assume by f'in amazing, you mean "OP as f*k"?

When it is so very easy to make your main spam cost 0 mana - even when it is 6L, hits the entire screen and tops near 100k dps with seriously crap gear - something is up, right?

If that was the definition of OP cyclone is about the worst skill in the game :p

Please name another skill that does that and I will make a build round it right now. 100k dps with seriously crap gear, remember, and must cost 0 mana.

Most popular spells can easily clear full screen or more, have 100k effective DPS and be run with crappy gear. Spells in general have much lower dependency on gear than attack skills (they scale with gem levels) so it is easier to start with them. GGG tried to fix this problem by adding flat damage to many attack skills but mechanical component of those skills and their limited AOE is still dragging melee skills down.

0 mana costs is at best convenience and minor damage boost. My Cyclone absolutely costs 0 mana but it would only take 1 mana leach mod and around 205 unreserved mana to be able to run my 7-link setup. It is even less important for spells where mana is often complete non-issue.
there's no point nerfing cyclone, its right in a good spot to compete against ranged...

just make all the other skills spin instead ;)
Last edited by teksuoPOE on Jul 23, 2019, 7:30:29 PM
Cyclone is in such a weird spot right now because it clears maps so well and doesn't have the downsides of other melee skills when it comes to fighting bosses, which is the need to stand in one place to attack. The convenience of the skill paired with how easy it is to scale its size and damage with the current iteration of the passive tree make it feel "op".

It is of course not overpowered. It simply outshines all other melee skills by a great margin. No thought-process necessary for mapping or bossing, just good ol' spin to win.

If they need to address anything it'd be how insane Impale scales physical DPS this season. For anyone unaware, the formula for Impale's damage multiplier is: 0.1 * Impale Stacks (regular max: 5; Champion: 7; Watcher's Eye: +2) * Impale Effectiveness * Impale Chance

With 100% chance to impale (Dread Banner, Impale Support, Champion ascendancy), 116% effectiveness and 7 max stacks you deal ~2.5 times the regular damage to enemies. That's something GGG has to look into and maybe how Cyclone scales both with regular AoE and weapon range. You can have like 70 AoE on Cyclone with 3W Prismatic and that's just ridiculous.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
If they need to address anything it'd be how insane Impale scales physical DPS this season. For anyone unaware, the formula for Impale's damage multiplier is: 0.1 * Impale Stacks (regular max: 5; Champion: 7; Watcher's Eye: +2) * Impale Effectiveness * Impale Chance

With 100% chance to impale (Dread Banner, Impale Support, Champion ascendancy), 116% effectiveness and 7 max stacks you deal ~2.5 times the regular damage to enemies. That's something GGG has to look into and maybe how Cyclone scales both with regular AoE and weapon range. You can have like 70 AoE on Cyclone with 3W Prismatic and that's just ridiculous.

This was my reasoning when I was deciding whether to go Slayer or Champion for my Cycloner. Ultimately, I went with Champion for Impale because Cyclone always cleared reasonably well on its own. Single target damage is where Cyclone struggled and beefed up Impale from Champion ascendancy should work well against meaty end-game bosses.

On the second point, I do not think Impale need to be significantly nerfed because it only helps to bring physical damage builds closer to elemental. Elemental conversion was a king for a very long time and physical damage builds could not even get close to it. Playing field in 3.7 is more even, probably bit skewed in favor of physical damage for melee but it is nothing as large as was the dominance of elemental conversion builds in the past.
"
Baron01 wrote:
On the second point, I do not think Impale need to be significantly nerfed because it only helps to bring physical damage builds closer to elemental. Elemental conversion was a king for a very long time and physical damage builds could not even get close to it. Playing field in 3.7 is more even, probably bit skewed in favor of physical damage for melee but it is nothing as large as was the dominance of elemental conversion builds in the past.

I think Impale should be scaled according to damage dealt to the target.
It would benefit two handed weapon builds.
Cyclone base speed and AoE should be handled too. It looks like RF on steroids right now.
Last edited by Rakiii on Jul 24, 2019, 5:36:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info