[3.8] Ultra tanky Ball Lightning Guardian | CI 11-15k ES | 3-5m Shaper DPS

Hello! Im pretty new to the game but have been running this build for a bit over a week now it feels. Ive kinda added a few tweaks here and there but i just wanted more information on Arcane Surge and its functionality.

From the tooltip on a lvl 17 gem it says i need to spend 252 mana on a supported skill. My supported gem is orbs of storms which costs 16 mana. At most ill cast the skill once maybe if a trash pull doesnt insta-die.

Can someone explain how this works with the build or if i should be running it at all?

Thanks!
"
Inig0_o wrote:
Hello! Im pretty new to the game but have been running this build for a bit over a week now it feels. Ive kinda added a few tweaks here and there but i just wanted more information on Arcane Surge and its functionality.

From the tooltip on a lvl 17 gem it says i need to spend 252 mana on a supported skill. My supported gem is orbs of storms which costs 16 mana. At most ill cast the skill once maybe if a trash pull doesnt insta-die.

Can someone explain how this works with the build or if i should be running it at all?

Thanks!

You just need to keep your arcane surge level low enough, so that you can proc it with just 1 cast. Check items section and take a look at my boots sockets.

Edit : of course, you can drop portal for something else (faster casting for example or increased aoe), that will increase mana cost of orb of storms, so you will be able to increase arcane surge's level as well.
Last edited by grizzly40 on Oct 28, 2019, 7:04:10 PM
It seems like my ES should be higher than 5800 at this level, am I missing something besides 15 levels? it doesn't seem that the extra levels will double my ES...
"
SmashMOAR wrote:
It seems like my ES should be higher than 5800 at this level, am I missing something besides 15 levels? it doesn't seem that the extra levels will double my ES...

watcher's eye with mana -> ES and discipline.
Second-class poe gamer
Hello,

Since watcher's eye with clarity mana to es cost 8ex+ what would be the best mods on it, lightning pen with wrath and (mostly looking for defensive options) ?
Hallo, I'm new to PoE.

This build sounds good.
Where can I find the skill tree for this build?

Thank you.
This Build is solid. Am going for the Lvl 100 now (first time cuz I am casual player).

I switched some gear (playing on standard) and so the mapping is a breeze and really fun:

Spoiler

I use as jewels a watchers eye with more ES from Clarity and Chaos Res from Purity of Element, Healthy Mind and an Emperor's Mastery for even more ES and Armour.
Last edited by StorgutBorsit on Nov 6, 2019, 4:02:46 AM
Hi grizzly40, will you update this guide under 3.9?
"
Bogrumax wrote:
Hi grizzly40, will you update this guide under 3.9?

Probably, just later in the league.
I'll be playing this for the league. Looks solid even without new league items.
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info