[3.9] Krovah's Berserker Frost Blades |In-Depth Guide| - Annihilate the Atlas, Shaper & FPS

Im planning on trying out frostblades, not sure which build yet, but would be a loreweave usable? I got a 6 link from my last build and im wondering if i could use it for this too?

If you can get decent base crit weapons, and fit -mana on jewellery Loreweave is arguably the best chest - All the stats help (The flat damage is especially nice if you use lower base damage weapons or Paradoxica).
You can save some points by skipping Soul of Steel too - the phys reduction is nice, but main point is the extra res, which Loreweave negates.

I'd probably use one If I hadn't already rolled an Elder Chest.
Just got to maps on my character - not had much play time over last few weeks.
Still trying to sort out some gear which is why some of it is a bit odd right now, and haven't set up all of my utility skills yet.

Quick overview of the gear, I gambled/crafted or at least semi crafted most of it.

Weapons I did my usual trick with and looked for underpriced ones with the 'wrong' crafts, opportunity for annulling/beastcrafting an open prefix etc. So got them for about 100c total, though did involve a bit of luck. Not as fast, or as much crit as I would like, but DPS is ok. I do need to compare against running at least one cheap paradoxica though.

Chest - bit unlucky with life roll, but didn't feel like rolling over it. Need to craft it out when I know what I need.

Gloves - Kind of OK, anything with the strike skills hit extra target and a life roll is worth a bit, even if rest of mods are trash. I might just sell and try and roll something better though.

Boots - Lucky hit really, I was throwing random essences as some hunter boots. Wish I had used a higher tier of greed now. Ok life, t1 chaos and tailwind with room to craft a prefix is decent though. Will probably switch to cannot be chilled as planning on running cinderswallow anyway.

Rings- Shaper ring is OK, would have preferred cold or phys flat roll, and the crit chance is a meh stat. But a t1 res, and didn't cost TOO much to roll.
When I get resistances sorted on other gear/jewels I'll drop the resistance ring for a mark of the elder.

Amulet - actually found that one. I feel like I should get something better before I pay out for oils, but any upgrade is looking very expensive. I may try an add a suffix, remove a prefix. The % life looks good, but I'm having to grab a dex node due to lack of dex on it, so could just grab life on tree with a better amulet.

Helm - still trying to craft on my enchanted base. Can't hit a decent life roll with -% res, normally it's pretty easy. So threw on a rat's nest from stash. I need a decent life roll here as I don't have anywhere else!

Build is super fast (Onslaught + tailwind help!) already, without blitz charges. Single target not amazing yet, but plenty of stuff still to get.

I'm not sure if it's worth/necessary to get tribal fury AND strike skills target additional enemy on gloves as well. Just having one would either free up the glove slot, or allow for a dps anoint.

Here is my gear,i have 6khp,7mil dps on pob BUT i feel very very squishy on t16 maps and most of all,against metamorphs.I was very excited to play this build but i m disappointed in the end.
"
DooM4real wrote:

i feel very very squishy on t16 maps and most of all,against metamorphs.I was very excited to play this build but i m disappointed in the end.

Yup. It's because there is basicaly no chaos res. 9 out of 10 Morphs will one hit you.
I'm just sitting here and thinking what to do now, because i roll it today, throw like 30ex in it, and it's completly useless.
Last edited by Baddgulf on Jan 17, 2020, 1:19:41 PM
"
Yup. It's because there is basicaly no chaos res. 9 out of 10 Morphs will one hit you.
I'm just sitting here and thinking what to do now, because i roll it today, throw like 30ex in it, and it's completly useless.

Not being able to do the league content is also really disappointing to me...Ill go back to my invincible full block glad,maybe i can make frost blades work with it
"
Baddgulf wrote:
"
DooM4real wrote:

i feel very very squishy on t16 maps and most of all,against metamorphs.I was very excited to play this build but i m disappointed in the end.

It's probably not lack of chaos res, without a ton of life/defensive layers/recovery you need to try and instakill metamorphs with nasty rolls. And without everything up (And by the time you summon the metamorph, it's normally down), don't have enough damage at least without insane gear.
Made a few tweaks, most notably dropped the whole left side of the tree bit to free up points for life, and grabbed some damage/utility/life from the ranger area instead. Switched Rite of Ruin for Aspect of Carnage - the degen was more dangerous than the damage taken for me, plus Carnage has no ramp up time for the extra damage.
There is an argument for dropping crave the slaughter if we aren't using right of ruin, we can get same attack speed from pain reaver, with no ramp. Or almost as much from warcry, plus the double damage chance and sustain. Deidbellow becomes an interesting helm choice then...
Only real downside would be losing the burst damage from Berserk. Would be more sustainable DPS - I might play with the warcry option later.

Current gearing

Still need to swap into cinderswallow and change boot craft. Right hand sword is crying out for some yolo exalt action....

Hi completely new player here how do i see the leveling guide?
"
shurvir wrote:
Hi completely new player here how do i see the leveling guide?

My advice is to forget about this build as a new player,the budget required to make it viable is 120ex+

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info