[3.9] Krovah's Berserker Frost Blades |In-Depth Guide| - Annihilate the Atlas, Shaper & FPS

"
ricmond wrote:
Hi I just saw your build and respecced to see this, can I get some opinions on my gloves (cause POB keeps telling me that my current gloves are better and builds in general and how to improve it? And also for the ascendancies, POB tells me that aspect of carnage gives more DPS than triple rage.

https://pastebin.com/FhMU1JiE

Hey Ricmond, so first things first, there are a lot of background mechanics to Path of Building that while may not make sense up front if you take it at face value, make perfect sense with the knowledge.

One example of this is that sometimes Path of Building lies to us, like for example your gloves, which give you accuracy and attack speed count as 10% of your DPS right? Well, if you had accuracy elsewhere, this would begin to be less valuable so now it's 8%, and now you have more attack speed on the tree / gear, so now that attack speed is less valuable, etc. (Not to mention, with Ruthless, PoB takes your attack speed into account so it values it more than I think it really should).

Now, with that being said, if you put in a pair of Tombfists and hit that big old "Are enemies intimidated button" you get 10% more damage, always. Have 10M DPS? Now its 11M. Right now, your gloves are 100k, and will actually give you less and less as your gear improves where as Tombfists gives you more in more! Funny enough, you're in that sweet spot.

Also, there is not a single ascendancy that will show up as more damage than the Aspect of Carnage ascendancy. This is due to the fact Path of Building is not looking at all of the reasons we take it. It just slaps a 1.4x multiplier pretty much. Seems solid right? Well what about ruthless, we just lost 75% attack speed? You saw how much 9% is earlier as we just discussed it (which I know these SHOULD work in tangent but I don't want to make this super long, and might have to say "Please trust me!").

Everything you asked are 100% questions you should be asking! You are 100% on the right track, but I hope maybe this answered some of your questions! If you have more, I do discuss a decent amount of gearing benefits in the gearing portion of my video and especially in the portion where I review a viewers path of building!
"
ericchongws wrote:
Do you think we can somehow implement the Soul Tether + timeless jewel combo into the build?

Hmm.. I've been asked this a lot, and I'll be honest, it's not something I really felt was needed so I never looked into how I'd slot it in myself. Honestly, nearly nothing of this build gear wise is mandatory in a sense so my answer is a resounding one-hundred percent yes.

If I were, I'd probably change my ring setup to account for more resistances / life to ensure losing the belt slot did not impact me as hard.
"
phopper33 wrote:
I absolutely love Frost Blades, so to see an end game capable build, makes me want to try this, the only worrisome aspect of it is the degen you get from both blood rage and berserker. Do you learn to work around it easily? I hate having constant degens, even just with blood rage, but I have always worked around it in other builds, but watching your videos, when you aren't leeching your health drops pretty quickly.

Hey Phopper, so I've had a few people ask this (totally reasonable) question and it's funny because I usually never, ever play builds where I feel a degeneration. I hate it myself, I hate worrying about it, etc! It's so, so very rare for me to ever feel like Blood Rage is even there. Usually it's only in no-regen maps, no leech maps, etc. Even then, I've never even been close to dying or at low health due to it.

A lot of the time my heath was degenerating in the videos during legion fights is 100% due to the fact that I kept running into these guys who ignite or do some degen that I was clearly missing. Essentially, the question feels funny because I never, ever notice it (even with Rage) and I'm usually the person who would.

Hopefully my testimony helps ease you some there!
What's that blue MTX you have?
"
Krovah wrote:
"
ericchongws wrote:
Do you think we can somehow implement the Soul Tether + timeless jewel combo into the build?

Hmm.. I've been asked this a lot, and I'll be honest, it's not something I really felt was needed so I never looked into how I'd slot it in myself. Honestly, nearly nothing of this build gear wise is mandatory in a sense so my answer is a resounding one-hundred percent yes.

If I were, I'd probably change my ring setup to account for more resistances / life to ensure losing the belt slot did not impact me as hard.

Thanks for the reply! I somehow managed/magically able to work things out with the belt. Not gonna be my final setup but my loadout will do for now. Will provide feedback after trying the combo myself.
"
zz9za wrote:
What's that blue MTX you have?

Hey zz9za! If you're talking about the explosions, that's Automaton Herald MTX on my Herald of Ice!
"
ericchongws wrote:
"
Krovah wrote:
"
ericchongws wrote:

Thanks for the reply! I somehow managed/magically able to work things out with the belt. Not gonna be my final setup but my loadout will do for now. Will provide feedback after trying the combo myself.

Please do! I'm curious to know how it turns out, in case others are wondering as well!
Hi

This build with gear example is, as you say, pretty much min/maxed. Especially thinking about -mana cost and available mana. With a lvl 3 enlighten I'd be at 2% unreserved mana (14 mana). And your mana cost of 1 pr FB is currently unrealistic for me. What should I drop and/or adjust?

Thanks!
"
Krovah wrote:
"
phopper33 wrote:
I absolutely love Frost Blades, so to see an end game capable build, makes me want to try this, the only worrisome aspect of it is the degen you get from both blood rage and berserker. Do you learn to work around it easily? I hate having constant degens, even just with blood rage, but I have always worked around it in other builds, but watching your videos, when you aren't leeching your health drops pretty quickly.

Hey Phopper, so I've had a few people ask this (totally reasonable) question and it's funny because I usually never, ever play builds where I feel a degeneration. I hate it myself, I hate worrying about it, etc! It's so, so very rare for me to ever feel like Blood Rage is even there. Usually it's only in no-regen maps, no leech maps, etc. Even then, I've never even been close to dying or at low health due to it.

A lot of the time my heath was degenerating in the videos during legion fights is 100% due to the fact that I kept running into these guys who ignite or do some degen that I was clearly missing. Essentially, the question feels funny because I never, ever notice it (even with Rage) and I'm usually the person who would.

Hopefully my testimony helps ease you some there!

That does ease my mind quite a bit honestly. One other question if you will indulge me. What budget would you say is required to get this to endgame content. I currently have around 10 exalt budget. I am pushing endgame on my current Holy Flame Totem character, but getting bored and was looking for a fun melee toon to level, but I don't want to get into the multiple dozens of exalts for gear game if I don't have to.
Hi, want to inform you that i finally kill my first uber elder with this build.
I'm a very casual gamer so i haven't try uber elder in any league lol.
I immediately switch my cyclone build when i saw you on youtube 3 days ago xD.
Very impressed how this build can kill guardians in 1-3 seconds which i never done before, depends how many ascendancy stacks you have.

I switch up spiked gloves to tombfists just like you said, and the dps difference is not a big deal, but losing 67 health, 631 armor, +1 melee range, 16% attack speed and some fire & cold resistance. Maybe the big difference is having elemental weakness?, since intimidate damage are 10 %.
Here’s an example the dps difference. (I'm using buffs, taste of haste and lion's roar flask in my hideout.)

Right now i need some decent life on helmet,boots,belt to reach more life.

Last edited by Warnic16 on Jul 12, 2019, 5:27:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info